You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct Play?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Was this the correct play? I'm just wondering if I was right to re-shove, should I have tried to keep the other guys interested by maybe flatting and calling a re-shove (if it comes)? Although it does reduce the odds of me winning if I take it 3 or 4way, but I'll take them odds with AA for the bigger pot :)

I guess min re-raising looks suspicious. Do you think I was right and should just be happy to get my £3 or could I have got more value? Because realistically, with them sitting so deep, I'm only getting called by AA/KK/QQ possibly AKs if someone fancies a gamble (assuming they're not donkeys who call with anything obviously)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Lambert180 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £8.35
span501 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £3.95
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

jansen Raise   £0.24 £0.36 £8.33
evil101 Call   £0.24 £0.60 £5.82
sidzooport All-in   £3.02 £3.62 £0.00
Lambert180 All-in   £8.35 £11.97 £0.00
span501 Fold        
jansen Fold        
evil101 Fold        
Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £5.37 £6.60 £5.37
Lambert180 Show
  • A
  • A

sidzooport Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

Lambert180 Win Pair of Aces £6.10   £11.47

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I might find a flat here preflop, hopefully original raiser flats or reshoves. If they flat it goes in on any flop obvz.

Shove as played is also ok though.
  • edited August 2011
    no reason to shove, every reason to flat

Can't think of any reason why a shove is better than a flat here
  • edited August 2011
    Prob the most perfect reason to flat if ever i saw one ;)
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks a bloody lot everyone! lol. Was hoping you'd all say, no you're just being greedy... guess I missed out on some serious value there then.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct Play?:
    Thanks a bloody lot everyone! lol. Was hoping you'd all say, no you're just being greedy... guess I missed out on some serious value there then.
    Posted by Lambert180
    you love the shove but if someone is sitting behind thinking they will call- your shove will scare them off
    someone sitting there with JJ/QQ then may may call and stack to a eight high flop

I can't think of a reason to shove in cash - MTT's  yeah it looks like a weak isolate move
  • edited August 2011
    Oh well, I'll know for next time. And I made up for it a little later with the hand I just posted in BBV :D
  • edited August 2011
    i shove vs regs and flat vs weaker players
  • edited August 2011

guess thats a good line, a good reg would see a shove as a weaker holding

but what range is calling the shove behind QQ+
    opposed to the range flatting behind 88+ - big aces

I suppose you can't really call the flat anyway if your behind in this hand, it's call or fold- not deep enough

If we wasn't so deep lets say he shoves in for £1.35, what would you advocatet there - the same ?

• edited August 2011
    guess thats a good line, a good reg would see a shove as a weaker holding but what range is calling the shove behind QQ+ opposed to the range flatting behind 88+ - big aces I suppose you can't really call the flat anyway if your behind in this hand, it's call or fold- not deep enough If we wasn't so deep lets say he shoves in for £1.35, what would you advocatet there - the same ?
    Posted by rancid
    If he shoved for £1.35 I'd raise it to about £3-4.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct Play? : If he shoved for £1.35 I'd raise it to about £3-4.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Really, I am not bothered about isolating the shover at all @ £1.35
    If they never shoved you would not open raise to that amount so what we are acheiving here apart from isolating
    I wanrt someone to flat behind or 3 bet/squeeze

Where's the merit in 3 bet isolating the shover ?
  • edited August 2011
    i shove vs regs and flat vs weaker players
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    This

Against unknowns I prob tke a chance and flat but it prob makes very little difference
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct Play? : Really, I am not bothered about isolating the shover at all @ £1.35 If they never shoved you would not open raise to that amount so what we are acheiving here apart from isolating I wanrt someone to flat behind or 3 bet/squeeze Where's the merit in 3 bet isolating the shover ?
    Posted by rancid
    £1.35 is just 16.5 bb's very different to £3, basically with this hand by flatting most the money is already in there already but with £1.35 if you flat someone flats with AK/AQ and then miss flop you won't get any more money from them, but couls stack them by raising again totry and get them to make an awful call or reshove.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct Play? : £1.35 is just 16.5 bb's very different to £3, basically with this hand by flatting most the money is already in there already but with £1.35 if you flat someone flats with AK/AQ and then miss flop you won't get any more money from them, but couls stack them by raising again totry and get them to make an awful call or reshove.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Equally if you 3bet to what, maybe £3 or a little more they may muck all marginal hands, wheresa bad players may shove over the smaller amount quicker. Not saying either is wrong, depends on table
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct Play? : Equally if you 3bet to what, maybe £3 or a little more they may muck all marginal hands, wheresa bad players may shove over the smaller amount quicker. Not saying either is wrong, depends on table
    Posted by grantorino
    Yeah true true, i hear both of ya loud and clear - both options have there merits but like you say - depends depends depends