You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

anything wrong or just running bad?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceJINTYSmall blind £0.04£0.04£12.91swordsmanBig blind £0.08£0.12£3.75 Your hole cardsKK   bolly580Raise £0.32£0.44£12.29wasky-180Fold    NColleyFold    JINTYCall £0.28£0.72£12.63swordsmanFold    Flop  873   JINTYBet £0.32£1.04£12.31bolly580Raise £1.04£2.08£11.25JINTYCall £0.72£2.80£11.59Turn  7   JINTYCheck    bolly580Bet £1.40£4.20£9.85JINTYAll-in £11.59£15.79£0.00bolly580All-in £9.85£25.64£0.00JINTYUnmatched bet £0.34£25.30£0.34JINTYShow7A   bolly580ShowKK   River  3   JINTYWinFull House, 7s and 3s£23.90 £24.24

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Ul but i think when that shove comes ya gotta think they DO have summin decent xx
  • edited August 2011
    meh, this deep I might find a fold on the turn, but if he plays A7 like this he prob does it with worse
  • edited August 2011
    Jeez that's a sick spot on the turn, being a nit I might fold but would bloody hate it lol
  • edited August 2011
    i lose my stack here mayeb fold if i put him on a set but a 7 you like to think you have bet out the a7 pre
  • edited August 2011
    raise flop more
    turn - hard to fold but is he really doing this with an eight or over pair
    screams monster or nothing
    50% sigh fold 50% call

If my notes say he c/r shoves with at least set then /> fold

i don't blame you for calling though
  • edited August 2011

In your betting you have told him you have a big hand i think the player calls on the flop to see if your going to shut down the betting with an AK or summit. think it's one of them i do find it amusing the guys on here saying i think i would fold lol keep folding KK on a 8737 board heads up and see how well you get on. your beeting A8 , 99 , 1010 , JJ , QQ , A3 , 10,9 all small pocket pairs. there not many hands your scared of. If i was playing against say a tight skilled player maybe i fold but only if i can see into his soul not online never.  

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: anything wrong or just running bad?:
    In your betting you have told him you have a big hand i think the player calls on the flop to see if your going to shut down the betting with an AK or summit. think it's one of them i do find it amusing the guys on here saying i think i would fold lol keep folding KK on a 8737 board heads up and see how well you get on. your beeting A8 , 99 , 1010 , JJ , QQ , A3 , 10,9 all small pocket pairs. there not many hands your scared of. If i was playing against say a tight skilled player maybe i fold but only if i can see into his soul not online never.  
    Posted by Luke_Jones
    lol

If our betting tells him we have a big hand and he still crai on turn why are you loling at folding turn?

Its not a massive range that beats you, but the action tells you theres a good chance you are beat. Maybe you can call, but its far from a fistpump
  • edited August 2011
    Hardest lesson in poker is knowing when to fold :() Betting patterns tell you everything, if you ignore the information your getting then don't be surpirsed when they show you a hand that NOW makes it obvious you were beat.

Recently i heard some guy say "Poker is a never ending game"
    Essentially you can fold and find better spots
  • edited August 2011

to be honest lads it was a crying call and i knew i was beat, something ive been working into my game recently folding hands like this.

a few hands like this have taught me a lesson and improved my game, i dont really mind the flop bet, in heinseight yh you can say make it bigger to get out players because ive lost but after all i have bet the pot and i do want value outa this.

At this point he probably puts me on something like AK AQ and thinks im just c betting. therefore if turn comes a blank a 3 example he still thinks he in lead and he probably pays me another street of betting on turn.

when he shoves its a very tough fold.

Good advice tho lads cheers

• edited September 2011
     he's loosing to 33, AA 88 and any 7. deeper stacks big tourneys maybe you can fold if you know they guy only shoves when he's got it. it's not about the range of hands he would shove with there that you are beeting. but the fact that he could  have nothing aswell