You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Facing shove on the flop

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Not long at the table so no info. Should i be looking to fold here? I think i'm ahead, but its a draw heavy board. Dont think there any trips out there, poss AK or KJ. Should this be an easy fold or a call?

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers

Mac

SoftenerSmall blind £0.05£0.05£8.35xxxxBig blind £0.10£0.15£19.01 Your hole cardsAA   leroy114Fold    hitche810Fold    MacacanRaise £0.50£0.65£8.51WAKEY288Call £0.50£1.15£6.12SoftenerCall £0.45£1.60£7.90xxxxCall £0.40£2.00£18.61Flop  Q8K   SoftenerCheck    xxxxCheck    MacacanBet £1.00£3.00£7.51WAKEY288Fold    SoftenerFold    xxxxAll-in £18.61£21.61£0.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Its a tricky spot after 4 have seen a flop.

Was in very similar spot facing 120BB shove other day, Often I feel that these bets want to be called.  Opponent easily has 2pr, 1pr and draw, 10J, 2 spades.  So already behind, or drawing with no significant advantage.

Alot of it depends on dynamic, how often opponent does this.  But I dont mind a fold here.  Only issue being you hold the nut spade and 2 of his outs when he holds 10J.

I dont really like this spot so may nit fold, hoping opponent takes a similar line when I feel he has less potential equity.
  • edited August 2011
    Defo nasty spot this and tbh i aint got a clue what im doin here , gotta depend on what i think the players range is most likely pre , i mean id hate to fold and be shown AK lolz
  • edited August 2011
    First of all the fact its a draw heavy board is more reason to call

Cant see your stack size but looks like you are getting around 1.5/1 on the call. However been c/r 4way on this board is pretty strong, and you having As knocks out some of his possible drawing hands. Idk I think I sighcall as KK, QQ unlikely but I dont hate a fold , as amybr says you are rarely in very good shape. Also bet flop bigger
  • edited August 2011

just call and cross your fingers ) But not liking it much ...
    you have backdoor spades, outs to better set and 2 pr

nit fold and he shows you draw :() or AK

I can't fold this here
  • edited August 2011
    outs a to a better set??.......

I dont mind folding to some draws here, wouldnt be definitively bad.

Dont think opponent would take this line with AK
  • edited August 2011
    Raise smaller pre 3x is good.

Bet more on flop, at least £1.50 for me.

Looks like you have 80 bigs behind, I probably call this looks like draw played strong, if he has set just make note.