You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2.5/5 cash hand with AA

going from memory so the numbers might be a little off. I have AA UTG and raise it to 15, it folds around to F_Ivanovic in the small blind who calls and the big blind calls aswell.

Flop comes K T 7 with 2 diamonds. They both check to me i cbet 30 and F_Ivanovic re-raises to 90. The big blind then flat calls the 90. Should i call? raise? fold? its £60 to call, the pot is now £255 and i have £455 left in my stack.

Comments

• edited June 2009

do u remember if u had the ace of diamonds?

thats a pretty sick board.  i think its f ivanovic you have to beware of.  this board is draw heavy so if for example he has flopped a set he would want to re raise to scare off the many draws....he could also be raising a drawing hand like the nut flush draw which we are currently beating. our decision will need to take into account whether we think he will play for stacks with a drawing hand.  i dont think there is a great % of his range which is air though.

the big blind i would expect to have a drawing hand perhaps both straight and flush draws as the board is too scary to slow play a hand like k10 or a set.  if the big blind has top 2 or a set i think we can expect them to re raise to take down the pot.

call is not an option.  i am torn between raise and fold.  fold is the better option.  the only hands that we should expect our opponents to have to play for stacks with are beating us....with the exception of the naked flush draw type hands.   there is a big possibility we are up against a set or 2 pair and the only way to find out is to commit the majority of our stack at which point we could possibly be drawing to 2 outs.  having the ace of diamonds would make the re raise more tempting as we would also have the backdoor draw but more importantly it acts as a blocking card.

great hand to post....really difficult decision

fold />raise>call

• edited June 2009
    Almost every flop has a potential straight draw; the majority of flops have 2 suited cards.
    In my opinion, folding here is too weak: you can't let every raise and every card that hits the board scare you. You've got 4.25/1 pot odds - take off the turn then re-evaluate.

• edited June 2009
    having the ace of diamonds would have made the hand definitely easier to play, unfortunately i didnt have it.
  • edited June 2009
    i think calling to see the turn is spewing money.

what realistically could come on the turn to make us happy? 

we could already be dominated by a set or 2 pair.  many straight and flush cards could come that in theory make our decision easier but we could be peeling a turn card whilst holding the 3rd worst hand here.  it costs £60 to see the turn and i wouldnt even be happy to hit our set with the QJ draw out and if we do hit our set half the time that will complete the flush.

i know our hand is strong but we have to take into account the strength being shown by 2 other players at the table - one of whom has positon on us.