You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

correct fold at nl4?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceSHADYADYSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.11robyoungBig blind £0.04£0.06£8.02 Your hole cards810   BROWNIEGIRFold    blondynka7Call £0.04£0.10£5.95SHADYADYFold    robyoungCheck    Flop  385   robyoungCheck    blondynka7Bet £0.10£0.20£5.85robyoungCall £0.10£0.30£7.92Turn  6   robyoungCheck    blondynka7Bet £0.30£0.60£5.55robyoungCall £0.30£0.90£7.62River  10   robyoungCheck    blondynka7All-in £5.55£6.45£0.00robyoungFold    blondynka7Muck    blondynka7Win £0.83 £0.83blondynka7Return £5.55£0.07£6.38

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Am not sure, it being a hand in isolation.  May I ask why you limp pre?
  • edited August 2011

b/f flop
    b/f turn
    b/f river

as played
    yucky hand - just fold
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: correct fold at nl4?:
    Am not sure, it being a hand in isolation.  May I ask why you limp pre?
    Posted by AMYBR
    to be honest mate, i was on 6 tables and almost timed out and just wanted to play the hand so hit the call button without really thinking, dont know much about the villain but i think they dont shove there full stack in with a worse hand then mine
  • edited August 2011
    You're in the BB pre, you didn't call anything
    what rancid said ..
  • edited August 2011
    You're in the BB pre, you didn't call anything what rancid said ..
    Posted by percival09
    sorry i ment i hit the check button (not call) lol
  • edited August 2011
    yeah my bad, i often read them ones wrong lol. 
  • edited August 2011
    gota agree with rancid on this. horrible spot. although if we have notes i may call. do you have notes?

Edit:
    Actually just checked opponent again, know him well. Its a hard one as at times v this villian i will fold, but i think i often stack v him.

However to an overbet i have no notes on that so again could someone leand me a hand so i can give best aadvice
  • edited August 2011
    gota agree with rancid on this. horrible spot. although if we have notes i may call. do you have notes? Edit: Actually just checked opponent again, know him well. Its a hard one as at times v this villian i will fold, but i think i often stack v him. However to an overbet i have no notes on that so again could someone leand me a hand so i can give best aadvice
    Posted by The_Don90
    nope, from what i have seen they seemed a solid player, i put them on the flopped flush myself, i know you get bad players in nl4 who will do this with alot worse but i was fairly confident i was well beaten on this occasion
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: correct fold at nl4? : nope, from what i have seen they seemed a solid player, i put them on the flopped flush myself, i know you get bad players in nl4 who will do this with alot worse but i was fairly confident i was well beaten on this occasion
    Posted by robyoung
    I just dont get why anyone which half a brian cell would bet 5x pot with the flopped flush here. I think a set is more likley.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: correct fold at nl4? : I just dont get why anyone which half a brian cell would bet 5x pot with the flopped flush here. I think a set is more likley.
    Posted by The_Don90
    yup could well have been a set, tho i have seen stranger things in poker then people shoving flopped flushes lol
  • edited August 2011
    Iit wasntn Response to Re: correct fold at nl4?:
    In Response to Re: correct fold at nl4? : yup could well have been a set, tho i have seen stranger things in poker then people shoving flopped flushes lol
    Posted by robyoung

yea so true.
  • edited August 2011
    I dont agree that it is bad, especially at nl 4 where ppl stack off so easy.  So many ppl will call here on the river with their perceived value that it will be profitable.

Its a matter of levelling and one hand in isolation doesnt really show the dynamic.

Quite often vs a loose cannon I'll jam a massive hand knowing how wide his alling range can be.  Vs this kind of player you can go for a standard vbet or get tricky and risk a c/r.  But often they just wont lay their hand down, so jamming at these levels (player dependant) isnt always bad.

From his pov he's been called through streets, perhaps opponent will call.  But equally if he is weak and has missed he forces out opponent. 

Not my style but have to try and respect multiple avenues to skin a cat :p
  • edited August 2011
    Yh bet fold flop, turn. When get to river if I was bet folding all the way I might find it hard to fold on the end if raised with top two pair but most likely would with lots of possible straights out.
  • edited August 2011
    gota agree with rancid on this. horrible spot. although if we have notes i may call. do you have notes? Edit: Actually just checked opponent again, know him well. Its a hard one as at times v this villian i will fold, but i think i often stack v him. However to an overbet i have no notes on that so again could someone leand me a hand so i can give best aadvice
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yeah gotta agree here don ive got plenty notes on him , plays short sumtimes at nl10 , i prob call river here
  • edited August 2011

Fold, this guy always bets pot/shoves river when he thinks hes ahead.

As played maybe tempted to plant a smallish blocker bet on river of maybe 54p.