You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Speed rebuys.Practically everyone.

edited September 2011 in Community Suggestions
Not sure a petition has been set up whereby all of us demanded a rebuy facility on speed and turbo games.

Apart from the glaringly obvious monetary benifit to sky could we please have less rebuys on speed games as in excess of 90 percent is a bit much don't you think.

I think 50 percent is more than enough and would allow people to make a choice.

This has been touched on when they were introduced and after much debate.(ie we debated and said we did not like it much)You have now made practically every speed and turbo a rebuy.

Sky at the time said adding rebuys gave people a better choice but by making ninety percent of them rebuys you have done the opposite.

Crunch the numbers on velocities and you will see the numbers declining.

Please remove some of the rebuys on speed and turbo's and you may see numbers improve again.

You have done exactly what everyone said you would do and take every opportunity to make everything  a rebuy....the numbers for the turbo's and speeds are now dire the evidence is clear.Lose some of them.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Hi snorky,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are trying to create a good mix of rebuys and standard tournaments at the moment. I understand it may seem that there are a lot of tournaments with a rebuy option, however we need these to run in order to generate business to the site.

There are still plenty to choose from without rebuys if you prefer, however we will continue to monitor these and if, like you say, numbers continue to dwindle, we will look at replacing these with something more productive.

Thanks again,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Speed rebuys.Practically everyone.:
    Hi snorky, Thanks for the suggestion. We are trying to create a good mix of rebuys and standard tournaments at the moment. I understand it may seem that there are a lot of tournaments with a rebuy option, however we need these to run in order to generate business to the site. There are still plenty to choose from without rebuys if you prefer, however we will continue to monitor these and if, like you say, numbers continue to dwindle, we will look at replacing these with something more productive. Thanks again, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Thanks for listening, we all have our preferences personally i think a £3 quid non rebuy for say 150 around 2000-2100 would see quite a few takers.

Nice to know you are up for sugguestions Jordan.

Snorky