You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ARSENAL

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL:
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : Yep m8 but... 3 pts, clean sheet, Liverpool lost. I know what is gonna be said on Sunday Supplement tomorrow but sod it. Gotta take it a game at a time. Players need to gel. I'm seriously considering becoming a gooner.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    this is a level right(roly eyes)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : this is a level right(roly eyes)
    Posted by stokefc
    Hey man why the cynicism ? The more i have attempted to justify Arsenals position the more i realised that i kinda respect them. Maybe ACEGOONER and lucy4 have helped turn me ?
    I briefly contemplated becoming a Stoke fan. The acquisition of Crouch can add an exciting new dimension to their game as they now have a new route one option but i rejected it. The type of satisfaction i'd get from watching Stoke play i already get when i make the occasional outing to watch bare-knuckle fighting. Nothing against your team tho. I respect their work ethic.

COME ON YOU GOOOOOOONERS !!!!!
       Keep the faith my lords !
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : Hey man why the cynicism ? The more i have attempted to justify Arsenals position the more i realised that i kinda respect them. Maybe ACEGOONER and lucy4 have helped turn me ? I briefly contemplated becoming a Stoke fan. The acquisition of Crouch can add an exciting new dimension to their game as they now have a new route one option but i rejected it. The type of satisfaction i'd get from watching Stoke play i already get when i make the occasional outing to watch bare-knuckle fighting. Nothing against your team tho. I respect their work ethic. COME ON YOU GOOOOOOONERS !!!!!    Keep the faith my lords !
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    You picked them cuz they,re a massive club who will come good again,gloryhunting,i,ll take it your on a level tho looking at your post
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : You picked them cuz they,re a massive club who will come good again,gloryhunting,i,ll take it your on a level tho looking at your post
    Posted by stokefc
    How can you accuse anyone who wants to support Arsenal of gloryhunting. You have chelski, manure and now city al arab who have vastly superior finances (through their benefactors/worldwide brand).

Arsenal and Tottenham are on the next rung, so any trophies in the coming years will be a bonus. Arsenal should have won something last year, thats why the pressure on wenger is immense because gooners realise its very difficult to build a side that is as good as the class of 2004.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : How can you accuse anyone who wants to support Arsenal of gloryhunting. You have chelski, manure and now city al arab who have vastly superior finances (through their benefactors/worldwide brand). Arsenal and Tottenham are on the next rung, so any trophies in the coming years will be a bonus. Arsenal should have won something last year, thats why the pressure on wenger is immense because gooners realise its very difficult to build a side that is as good as the class of 2004.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    I think Stoke are a bit naive. Let's see now they have to play Kiev, M. Tel-Aviv and Besiktas in Europa league. Then come back to Prem. and keep winning because they can come 4th. Errrrr yeah right.
    I can see them thinking they can win Europa. Maybe they forget Champ League 3rd place k.o's go into Europa ? I know they are more used to generating injuries than acquiring them but acquire them they will. Plus the inevitable catalogue of suspensions.  How big is the squad ? Can they afford the money they spend ? What about domestic cups ? What happens if a bigger club want one of their players in a rent-a-thug transfer coup ?
    I don't think they've worked out yet that the very structure of football totally prohibits their long-term success and will financially break them when they try. All these facts coupled with a ground capacity of only 28,383.
    So what's their masterplan ? Breaking legs,route one and debt. Genius.
    I don't blame them for having a go but come on ? Instead of criticising Arsenal, Stoke fans may do better to concentrate on the big, black hole they are digging for the future.

COME ON YOU GOONERS !!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : I think Stoke are a bit naive. Let's see now they have to play Kiev, M. Tel-Aviv and Besiktas in Europa league. Then come back to Prem. and keep winning because they can come 4th. Errrrr yeah right. I can see them thinking they can win Europa. Maybe they forget Champ League 3rd place k.o's go into Europa ? I know they are more used to generating injuries than acquiring them but acquire them they will. Plus the inevitable catalogue of suspensions.  How big is the squad ? Can they afford the money they spend ? What about domestic cups ? What happens if a bigger club want one of their players in a rent-a-thug transfer coup ? I don't think they've worked out yet that the very structure of football totally prohibits their long-term success and will financially break them when they try. All these facts coupled with a ground capacity of only 28,383. So what's their masterplan ? Breaking legs,route one and debt. Genius. I don't blame them for having a go but come on ? Instead of criticising Arsenal, Stoke fans may do better to concentrate on the big, black hole they are digging for the future. COME ON YOU GOONERS !!!!!
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    HaHa nice post. Oh To Be, Oh To Be, Oh To Be A Gooooooooooooooooooooooner.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : I think Stoke are a bit naive. Let's see now they have to play Kiev, M. Tel-Aviv and Besiktas in Europa league. Then come back to Prem. and keep winning because they can come 4th. Errrrr yeah right. I can see them thinking they can win Europa. Maybe they forget Champ League 3rd place k.o's go into Europa ? I know they are more used to generating injuries than acquiring them but acquire them they will. Plus the inevitable catalogue of suspensions.  How big is the squad ? Can they afford the money they spend ? What about domestic cups ? What happens if a bigger club want one of their players in a rent-a-thug transfer coup ? I don't think they've worked out yet that the very structure of football totally prohibits their long-term success and will financially break them when they try. All these factscoupled with a ground capacity of only 28,383. So what's their masterplan ? Breaking legs,route one and debt. Genius. I don't blame them for having a go but come on ? Instead of criticising Arsenal, Stoke fans may do better to concentrate on the big, black hole they are digging for the future. COME ON YOU GOONERS !!!!!
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    mmmm,so your not on a level then, ok, a bit naive eh,why have we just spent 22 million on players(was gonna put talent but you would just shoot down)
    who's saying we,ll finish 4th,you,ve been listening to those deluded hacks on Sunday supplement creaming themselves over us,no Stoke fan in their mind would think like this.
    There you go again,breaking legs,anyone would think Arsenal are the only team to suffer leg breaks,do you remember when Rory Delap broke his leg on his debut for Stoke,no,ofcouse you did,nt cuz we didnt go crying about it at every opportunity.
    Route one,i agree with although we are evolving,if teams like The Mighty Arsenal can,t combat our style of play don,t blame Stoke.
    Debt,we have no debt.
    The bit highlighted means you know SFA about Stoke City,if your going to run us down get your facts right instead of spewing the same regurgitated s hite that comes out of Wengers mouth.
    Look were living the dream after being out of it for so long,you should do what Lucy4 says and get your own house in order before slagging Stoke off.
    Don't mean to rant,Lucy4,Norbit are decent lads who can see the bigger picture,you don't..regards
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : mmmm,so your not on a level then, ok, a bit naive eh,why have we just spent 22 million on players(was gonna put talent but you would just shoot down) who's saying we,ll finish 4th,you,ve been listening to those deluded hacks on Sunday supplement creaming themselves over us,no Stoke fan in their mind would think like this. There you go again,breaking legs,anyone would think Arsenal are the only team to suffer leg breaks,do you remember when Rory Delap broke his leg on his debut for Stoke,no,ofcouse you did,nt cuz we didnt go crying about it at every opportunity. Route one,i agree with although we are evolving,if teams like The Mighty Arsenal can,t combat our style of play don,t blame Stoke. Debt,we have no debt. The bit highlighted means you know SFA about Stoke City,if your going to run us down get your facts right instead of spewing the same regurgitated s hite that comes out of Wengers mouth. Look were living the dream after being out of it for so long,you should do what Lucy4 says and get your own house in order before slagging Stoke off. Don't mean to rant,Lucy4,Norbit are decent lads who can see the bigger picture,you don't..regards
    Posted by stokefc
    +1
    quality post
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : mmmm,so your not on a level then, ok, a bit naive eh,why have we just spent 22 million on players(was gonna put talent but you would just shoot down) who's saying we,ll finish 4th,you,ve been listening to those deluded hacks on Sunday supplement creaming themselves over us,no Stoke fan in their mind would think like this. There you go again,breaking legs,anyone would think Arsenal are the only team to suffer leg breaks,do you remember when Rory Delap broke his leg on his debut for Stoke,no,ofcouse you did,nt cuz we didnt go crying about it at every opportunity. Route one,i agree with although we are evolving,if teams like The Mighty Arsenal can,t combat our style of play don,t blame Stoke. Debt,we have no debt. The bit highlighted means you know SFA about Stoke City,if your going to run us down get your facts right instead of spewing the same regurgitated s hite that comes out of Wengers mouth. Look were living the dream after being out of it for so long,you should do what Lucy4 says and get your own house in order before slagging Stoke off. Don't mean to rant,Lucy4,Norbit are decent lads who can see the bigger picture,you don't..regards
    Posted by stokefc
    From the research i did prior to completing my bit i would say Stoke FC definitely dont run at a profit !
    For the year ending 2008 wages alone compared to turnover was 106 %. That was then.
    It appears that the club survives in the way it does by massive interest free loans from the Coates family.
    The main gist of what i was trying to communicate is that if Stoke cannot break into the top 4 then why are they spending the money they do ? They are never getting relegated if they don't shell out the 22M on new players So.
    How do you see the future of the club and what are their realistic ambitions ? Are they just a global advertising campaign for the 365 group ?
    How will changing financial regulations affect the clubs future ?
    Tbf the leg break, route one stuff wasn't really productive :P sorry for that.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : From the research i did prior to completing my bit i would say Stoke FC definitely dont run at a profit ! For the year ending 2008 wages alone compared to turnover was 106 %. That was then. It appears that the club survives in the way it does by massive interest free loans from the Coates family. The main gist of what i was trying to communicate is that if Stoke cannot break into the top 4 then why are they spending the money they do ? They are never getting relegated if they don't shell out the 22M on new players So. How do you see the future of the club and what are their realistic ambitions ? Are they just a global advertising campaign for the 365 group ? How will changing financial regulations affect the clubs future ? Tbf the leg break, route one stuff wasn't really productive :P sorry for that.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    this is a thread about Arsenal not Stoke,i,ve had my say now so i,ll let you get no with it :)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : this is a thread about Arsenal not Stoke,i,ve had my say now so i,ll let you get no with it :)
    Posted by stokefc

Oh i thought you said i didn't know anything about Stoke ? If you need to know more about their finances just ask and i can post you some links.
    It's not that easy trying to obtain financial data on any club tbf. What reading that is available paints a pretty sick picture of an industry in total meltdown. Arsenal are one of the few clubs to be structured in a self-sustaining way and not reliant on huge interest free loans from benefactors. They are not likely to fall foul of UEFAs financial fair play implementation.
    Ironically Birminham were also in this category when run by Gold and Sullivan. When good owners move on it can spell total disaster.
    You guys better keep loving the owners like Tony Pulis keeps reiterating.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : In Response to Re: ARSENAL : this is a thread about Arsenal not Stoke,i,ve had my say now so i,ll let you get no with it :) Posted by stokefc Oh i thought you said i didn't know anything about Stoke ? If you need to know more about their finances just ask and i can post you some links. It's not that easy trying to obtain financial data on any club tbf. What reading that is available paints a pretty sick picture of an industry in total meltdown. Arsenal are one of the few clubs to be structured in a self-sustaining way and not reliant on huge interest free loans from benefactors. They are not likely to fall foul of UEFAs financial fair play implementation. Ironically Birminham were also in this category when run by Gold and Sullivan. When good owners move on it can spell total disaster. You guys better keep loving the owners like Tony Pulis keeps reiterating.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Google is god,but seeing as you want a d ick measuring contest(oh look at me i know what the wages were in 2008) i,ll tell you.
    Peter Coates is not a billionaire Arab or some Yankee doodle dandy who,s bought the club as a plaything he,s a proper fan.He first came in the mid-eighties when we got relegated from the old first division,he was rich but he wasn't,t rolling in it,he stabilised the club but after a few years the club went back into decline and by 1998 after a terrible season culminating in a 7-0 home defeat to Birmingham he was ousted out by rioting fans and death threats.He sold up to an Icelandic consortium but kept a small percentage of shares,they were known as the Golden shares(i wonder why).Anyway the Icelanders couldn't cope and after a few years asked Peter Coates if he wanted to buy the club back,which he did for not much more than what he sold it for,the Stoke fans were NOT happy,but by now he was a multi-millionaire with the explosion of internet gambling,he promised he would,nt make the mistakes that he made in his 1st stint so the fans gave him the benefit of doubt and he,s proved all the doubters wrong(me included),which makes me happy cuz look where we are now
    So he,s not some rich benefactor rolling the club,hes a fan,a very rich fan born and bred in the Potteries living the dream the same as us.
     Anyway you keep googling away to find any kind of snippet to put us down with and we,ll keep doing what we do best upsetting folks like you hahahaha love eeet
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : Google is god,but seeing as you want a d ick measuring contest(oh look at me i know what the wages were in 2008) i,ll tell you. Peter Coates is not a billionaire Arab or some Yankee doodle dandy who,s bought the club as a plaything he,s a proper fan.He first came in the mid-eighties when we got relegated from the old first division,he was rich but he wasn't,t rolling in it,he stabilised the club but after a few years the club went back into decline and by 1998 after a terrible season culminating in a 7-0 home defeat to Birmingham he was ousted out by rioting fans and death threats.He sold up to an Icelandic consortium but kept a small percentage of shares,they were known as the Golden shares(i wonder why).Anyway the Icelanders couldn't cope and after a few years asked Peter Coates if he wanted to buy the club back,which he did for not much more than what he sold it for,the Stoke fans were NOT happy,but by now he was a multi-millionaire with the explosion of internet gambling,he promised he would,nt make the mistakes that he made in his 1st stint so the fans gave him the benefit of doubt and he,s proved all the doubters wrong(me included),which makes me happy cuz look where we are now So he,s not some rich benefactor rolling the club,hes a fan,a very rich fan born and bred in the Potteries living the dream the same as us.  Anyway you keep googling away to find any kind of snippet to put us down with and we,ll keep doing what we do best upsetting folks like you hahahaha love eeet
    Posted by stokefc
    1- This is just plain wrong. He is both. Stoke are operating at ever increasing massive losses which he covers in interest-free loans from his personal fortune. This is a simple fact. It has nothing to do with opinion.
    2- Loved the ending. Well done :)
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    trust you lucy.pmsl
  • edited October 2011
    I went yesterday, as usual stoke caused us problems from set pieces etc. Considering this is the worst Arsenal side since the mid 90s it was a good result and the one true world class player we have ie RVP must be kept at all costs.

As for stoke, quite honestly they are a championship side punching above their weight. Teams like swansea have to be commended because they havent abandanoned their philosophy of playing good football since promotion.

3-1 to the football team was the chant, ohh so true.
  • edited October 2011
    I went yesterday, as usual stoke caused us problems from set pieces etc. Considering this is the worst Arsenal side since the mid 90s it was a good result and the one true world class player we have ie RVP must be kept at all costs. As for stoke, quite honestly they are a championship side punching above their weight. Teams like swansea have to be commended because they havent abandanoned their philosophy of playing good football since promotion. 3-1 to the football team was the chant, ohh so true.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Well done for beating championship Stoke,it took your only world class player to break us down so lets hope you keep him and he doesn,t desert you for a team that wins things.gl for the rest of the season.
    Lets hope i forget to bump threads when things go wrong for you again
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: ARSENAL : Well done for beating championship Stoke,it took your only world class player to break us down so lets hope you keep him and he doesn,t desert you for a team that wins things.gl for the rest of the season. Lets hope i forget to bump threads when things go wrong for you again
    Posted by stokefc
    Haha, I think you will be Bumping it pretty soon ;-)

• edited October 2011
    First time this season ive not felt embarrased to be a gooner. Great result.
  • edited October 2011
    you should never be embarased to be a ar53nal supporter
  • edited November 2011

So Arsenal fans i take it your happier now than page 1?I think you will still miss out on top 4 which imo would be a travesty for your club,I wish you well this cupless season and it will be good to see your neighbours clinch top 4 from your grasp!

• edited November 2011
    Arsenal, 14 consecutive champions league campaigns from 1998-99 to 2011-12.
    Stamford Hill Cowboys, 1 champions league adventure 2010-11.
    Enough said already my boy. ;-)
  • edited November 2011
    great result v ch3l5ea last week,now lets get another 3pts against orfords lot :-)
  • edited November 2011
    jim youve got me giggling keep it up
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to ARSENAL:
    After that display perhaps Wenger will now go out and spend some of the millions he has on proven defenders & midfielders. Not on youngsters who may or may not make the grade. Everyone can see it apart from him, and it`s been like that for the last few seasons. We needed players before we started selling our best ones, OI WENGER IT`S NOT YOUR OWN MONEY SO GET SPENDING NOW.
    Posted by lucy4
    LOL,,dont you love football moaners,Now look on last page at your comments,So funny,YIDDOS..........
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    RVP looks good pity the rest dont..All bites welcome
  • edited November 2011
    Do you want gomez?? 10 mill.Play him up front !!!
  • edited April 2012
    Bumpety bump, quite a transformation since earlier this season. I for one never called for wengers head. Rosicky and arteta where exceptional today. 

I am now sold on arteta being an arsenal class midfielder. Samir who??
  • edited April 2012
    no 20 enough said