You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How could i have played this better?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesizzler23Small blind £0.04£0.04£6.10spain2010Big blind £0.08£0.12£6.42 Your hole cardsQK   _4JACKSFold    bolly580Raise £0.32£0.44£6.99cougar26Fold    russky77Fold    sizzler23Fold    spain2010Raise £0.48£0.92£5.94bolly580Call £0.24£1.16£6.75Flop  K25   spain2010Check    bolly580Bet £0.58£1.74£6.17spain2010Call £0.58£2.32£5.36Turn  A   spain2010Bet £0.80£3.12£4.56bolly580Fold    spain2010Muck    spain2010Win £2.14 £6.70spain2010Return £0.80£0.18£7.50

Comments

• edited August 2011
    bet much bigger on the flop, somewhere between 75-100% of the pot (at least 80-90p).

yeah fold turn. I realise that what I suggested above will mean you lose more money on this particular hand. But for everytime the turn isn't an A it means you win more.
  • edited August 2011
    think it's fine, board is dry you want a caller
    if your c-betting the same as when you hit TPGK then the sizing is fine
    turn bricks then bet pot

as played i even fold this on turn, probs A5
  • edited August 2011
    what about re raise pre? can i just hope he got AQ or AJ, KJ, when tht board flop comes?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: How could i have played this better?:
    what about re raise pre? can i just hope he got AQ or AJ, KJ, when tht board flop comes?
    Posted by bolly580
    48p smells like pr but you are suited might aswel take it IP
    depends on player regarding range but I am looking 1010+
  • edited August 2011
    If it was me, there's a good chance your behind because of the hands I'll re-raise a 4x bet with pre (AA,KK,QQ,AK,AQ). Most of the hands I re-raise you with, you are behind to.

BUT I like to think I'm a fairly decent player at this level, so really you need to know if your opponent is a moron or not.
  • edited August 2011
    id actually check back flop w/o reads on his 3betting range
  • edited August 2011
    If it was me, there's a good chance your behind because of the hands I'll re-raise a 4x bet with pre (AA,KK,QQ,AK,AQ). Most of the hands I re-raise you with, you are behind to. BUT I like to think I'm a fairly decent player at this level, so really you need to know if your opponent is a moron or not.
    Posted by Lambert180
    exactly my thoughts, i know the textbook poker would probably say lay the hand down pre but am i really folding KQ suited everytime im 3 bet pre?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: How could i have played this better? : exactly my thoughts, i know the textbook poker would probably say lay the hand down pre but am i really folding KQ suited everytime im 3 bet pre?
    Posted by bolly580
    No definitely not. Everytime he has AA (for instance) and your KQs goes on to make, 2pr, the straight, the flush, trips, you can often take his stack. Although you do need to be able to throw it away if the flop doesn't look great for you.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: How could i have played this better? : exactly my thoughts, i know the textbook poker would probably say lay the hand down pre but am i really folding KQ suited everytime im 3 bet pre?
    Posted by bolly580
    Depends who 3bets as to the there range, some only 3 bet QQ+ - others 1010+
    Some even have lower ranges down to nothing
    If you have no notes then you have  to range QQ+ - follow the rule regard everyone as tight untill proven otherwise
    This guy is in the big blind and 3 bets to 48p.

Table dynamics play a part, have you been raising his BB a lot.
    Has he picked up 66 and thought sod you, take that !!!

More to it than just in isolation )

LOL_RAISE sums this up above

• edited August 2011
    yh, this is tricky because the flop comes good for me to keep me intrested altho i could be miles behind to AA or AK, so if the A doesnt come and turns out he does have AK and he takes large part of my stack due to his kicker so i just take it as a cooler and feel fine about how i played it?
  • edited August 2011
    yh, this is tricky because the flop comes good for me to keep me intrested altho i could be miles behind to AA or AK, so if the A doesnt come and turns out he does have AK and he takes large part of my stack due to his kicker so i just take it as a cooler and feel fine about how i played it?
    Posted by bolly580
    Look at what LOL_RAISE has posted

• edited August 2011
    I snap fold this pre to 3bet.
  • edited August 2011
    Agree with dude here i see so many oppos get in trouble with KQ in spots like this