You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4nl - Help with hand...

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic

This was a hand from a session I played last night.

I'd usually raise bigger pre with AKs but up until this point all rasies of 3x or bigger had just caused the rest of the table to fold.

Monotone flop is scary  but 4p bet seems small, why not just check?  Is my raise following this big enough?  When it gets called I'm thinking to myself I'm probably done but then the K comes on the turn and it seems worth firing again but should I be going bigger??

When the fourth diamond comes on the river I don't think I can call the bet and have to fold.  Is this right??

I think villian is a reg

help appreciated :-)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.72ATOMIC28Big blind £0.04£0.06£0.36 Your hole cardsKA   JoJo1890Raise £0.16£0.22£3.87AlobarFold    KingHaroldCall £0.16£0.38£0.84xCall £0.14£0.52£4.58ATOMIC28Fold    Flop  6JK   xBet £0.04£0.56£4.54JoJo1890Raise £0.49£1.05£3.38KingHaroldFold    xCall £0.45£1.50£4.09Turn  K   xCheck    JoJo1890Bet £0.75£2.25£2.63xCall £0.75£3.00£3.34River  9   xBet £2.25£5.25£1.09JoJo1890Fold    xMuck    xWin £2.77 £3.86xReturn £2.25£0.23£6.11

Comments

• edited August 2011
    yep have to fold here ul

• edited August 2011
    I've never been a big fan of raising these types of flops.  Mainly due to the fact opponent wont really go anywhere,  Merely inflating the pot for them to bink.  I'm only raising happy to get it all in vs particular stack sizes and opponents.  Very happy to inflate pot at turn, when bricking.

Am sure people would argue that raising flop is fine (which it is) for when the 4th D doesnt come.  But am just speaking for myself and the way I manage variance.

Pretty much have to fold river the way action plays.
  • edited August 2011
    Think you played it good until the turn, where your bet was too small.

River is an easy fold, but you should still be congratulated for folding top trips at nl4. even though you're never good,alot of players would still call here.

bigger on't turn. wp.
  • edited August 2011
    Yep easy fold , also help if ya left in villians name cos then sumone can come on and say if a reg or not
  • edited August 2011
    raise bigger on flop for me, and bet bigger on turn - but i think it's played quite well, ul
  • edited August 2011
    Flop raise should be at least 60p.

Turn bet at least £1.20.

River easy snap fold.
  • edited August 2011
    flop is ok
    turn - bet pot

if there still around at river - cry fold :)

• edited August 2011
    flop is ok.

turn a little more

river is brutal ul
  • edited August 2011
    Not much wrong with the way you played this as others have mentiond you could have bet abit more flop and turn but even so you had to fold the river ul
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks everyone :-)

I felt that I probably should have gone with more on the turn when I looked back over it.  It's good to see that I'm not way off with my own analysis.

I still don't quite understand the 4p donk bet on the flop though?  Does it mean he's got something (nut flush draw?) but he thinks he might be behind and is trying to control the pot size?  If so why not just check?

Seems strange.
  • edited August 2011
    you see this alot at nl4 with a strong draw or the nuts some people think they are being clever and getting more money in the pot and no one will guess their hand when in fact they are allowing people to catch up cheap and not really getting much more money usually there i a significant raise on the river and they wonder why they lose or get a fold :p