You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Difficult decision at 50nl

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Facing this 4 bet all in on turn in a 50nl game. Can i call here? what would he be doing this with? 2 pair, set,  top pair with high flush draw?? Confused!!! Did i play hand correctly? Would appreciate advice please! PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexSmall blind £0.25£0.25£57.65xBig blind £0.50£0.75£109.45 Your hole cardsAQ   maximus66Raise £1.50£2.25£76.61xFold    xFold    vilCall £1.50£3.75£51.15xFold    xFold    Flop  A103   maximus66Bet £2.81£6.56£73.80vilRaise £7.50£14.06£43.65maximus66Raise £14.07£28.13£59.73vilAll-in £43.65£71.78£0.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    KQ (either one of them being a spade...maybe even both) and he figures that if any scare cards come on the turn, then you're probably not putting another chip in the pot?
  • edited August 2011
    why did you 3bet the flop?
    when you do 3bet the flop you should already have made up your mind whether or not you are going to call his shove. if you aren't it would be better to just call or fold to his raise

i think you are drawing almost dead in this situation
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Difficult decision at 50nl:
    why did you 3bet the flop? when you do 3bet the flop you should already have made up your mind whether or not you are going to call his shove. if you aren't it would be better to just call or fold to his raise i think you are drawing almost dead in this situation
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    +1
  • edited August 2011
    Yh when he raises you, if you min 3bet back you can't then fold lol. Your 3bet should be for value and then you snap it off or just call his raise and get it in on later street or fold which I'm not sure about, but on 3 suit board probably best option.
  • edited August 2011
    Should never be 3betting here without cast iron read, not even then likely.  Snap fold when 4bet.
  • edited August 2011
    your 3b was basically a bluff - i know you were probz doing it for info but that's def a losing play
    as much as i hate 3b/f with a good hand, you probz do have to fold - you're never good here - either flat his raise and re evaluate the turn, or fold

• edited August 2011
    Thanks for all the comments. I can see now that it was probably best to just call his raise and reavluate on the turn. However, i had already been re-raised by villain twice in last 20-30mins when i put in my Cbets, had to fold on thoses occasions. This time however i did have a part of the flop so tried to fight back as i thought he could be stealing on that flop, when he then shoved all in it was obvious i had to fold which is what i did as i wasnt beating much really. I suppose it could have made my 3bet bigger but then i would have been left virtually pot committed which i didnt want to be, with that size 3bet i could get away from the hand if shoved on as im almost certainly behind. Is this a fair comment or play badly?
  • edited August 2011
    I think as people said above, if you're not willing to call a shove then just don't 3bet.
  • edited August 2011
    Fwiw you were drawing dead to runner runner ridic
  • edited September 2011