You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The sky poker river. It's these kinds of hands that make you think online poker is rigged.

edited August 2011 in Area 51
Dealt to avfcalex [Jc,Ad]
Tang***9: folds
monk***10: folds
souz***1: is all in 10,489
danc***2: is all in 12,194
Icul***3: folds
avfcalex: is all in 2,970
bala***5: folds
shor***6: folds
Dave***8: folds
danc***2: returns uncalled bet 1,705
souz***1: shows [Kc Ah]
danc***2: shows [Ac Kh]
avfcalex: shows [Jc Ad]
*** FLOP *** [5c,8d,Js]
*** TURN *** [7h]
*** RIVER *** [Ks]
***SHOW DOWN***
souz***1 wins 7,519 with Pair of Kings   
danc***2 wins 7,519 with Pair of Kings   
***SHOW DOWN***
souz***1 wins 5,175 with Pair of Kings   
danc***2 wins 5,175 with Pair of Kings  
avfcalex finished 55 out of 108 players.

Bearing in mind someone on chat explained how they'd thrown away the king of diamonds, which for the brainy of you out there will add up to PRECISELY ONE OUT.

Now. I don't deserve to win anything with AJ vs AK/AK. However, all I do know is I am the slight favourite to HIT my card. Just that I did. But SKY wasn't having any of it. Oh no.. this guy is short stacked, we can't possibly let him get back into this tournament and have 10k stack now because that means we're losing money because we want him onto another table as quick as possible so we can get more rake out of him! What shall we do.. hmmm

Wait! I've got a fantastic idea! We'll pop out these guys ONE outer on the river! Oh yes, wonderful.. the river, that really ruffles players feathers. Let's do it. Let's forget the legitmacy and legality of online poker, forget our random number carefully designed computer algorithm and then we can make this a split pot and get another player out of this tournament pronto!

Hey listen. Yeah I'm annoyed. Yeah this has been happening to me for months.. years. Yes I am on a REALLY bad run right this second. But seriously.. don't these types of hands make you question how legit online poker really is? 

Comments

• edited August 2011
    In Response to The sky poker river. It's these kinds of hands that make you think online poker is rigged.:
    Dealt to avfcalex [Jc,Ad] Tang***9: folds monk***10: folds souz***1: is all in 10,489 danc***2: is all in 12,194 Icul***3: folds avfcalex: is all in 2,970 bala***5: folds shor***6: folds Dave***8: folds danc***2: returns uncalled bet 1,705 souz***1: shows [Kc Ah] danc***2: shows [Ac Kh] avfcalex: shows [Jc Ad] *** FLOP *** [5c,8d,Js] *** TURN *** [7h] *** RIVER *** [Ks] ***SHOW DOWN*** souz***1 wins 7,519 with Pair of Kings    danc***2 wins 7,519 with Pair of Kings    ***SHOW DOWN*** souz***1 wins 5,175 with Pair of Kings    danc***2 wins 5,175 with Pair of Kings   avfcalex finished 55 out of 108 players. Bearing in mind someone on chat explained how they'd thrown away the king of diamonds, which for the brainy of you out there will add up to PRECISELY ONE OUT. Now. I don't deserve to win anything with AJ vs AK/AK. However, all I do know is I am the slight favourite to HIT my card. Just that I did. But SKY wasn't having any of it. Oh no.. this guy is short stacked, we can't possibly let him get back into this tournament and have 10k stack now because that means we're losing money because we want him onto another table as quick as possible so we can get more rake out of him! What shall we do.. hmmm Wait! I've got a fantastic idea! We'll pop out these guys ONE outer on the river! Oh yes, wonderful.. the river, that really ruffles players feathers. Let's do it. Let's forget the legitmacy and legality of online poker, forget our random number carefully designed computer algorith m and then we can make this a split pot and get another player out of this tournament pronto! Hey listen. Yeah I'm annoyed. Yeah this has been happening to me for months.. years. Yes I am on a REALLY bad run right this second. But seriously.. don't these types of hands make you question how legit online poker really is? 
    Posted by avfcalex
    Challenge to anyone .

or have we given up on this guy.!     Annie x

-
  • edited August 2011
    I think when our level of frustration reaches this point bud the only answer is to take a break, even to stop perhaps.  If a persons mind is made up that online is rigged - or cant be beat for whichever reason - then surely it is time to stop?

Only thing I will say is that one outers do happen.  Sky's RNG must generate 10,000's perhaps (100,000's) hands a day, so we are going to see this kind of thing.

I am not justifying your bad experience or rationalising it away, its just a devils advocate statement.

My level of frustration got so high I quit online.  Partly as I dont fully trust it, but equally I'm just a much better player live.  But have been much happier since.  I think when you get to the point your at it would be wise to selfexclude for awhile.  This goes for a fair few of the frequent flyers in here.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: The sky poker river. It's these kinds of hands that make you think online poker is rigged.:
    I think when our level of frustration reaches this point bud the only answer is to take a break, even to stop perhaps.  If a persons mind is made up that online is rigged - or cant be beat for whichever reason - then surely it is time to stop? Only thing I will say is that one outers do happen.  Sky's RNG must generate 10,000's perhaps (100,000's) hands a day, so we are going to see this kind of thing. I am not justifying your bad experience or rationalising it away, its just a devils advocate statement. My level of frustration got so high I quit online.  Partly as I dont fully trust it, but equally I'm just a much better player live.  But have been much happier since.  I think when you get to the point your at it would be wise to selfexclude for awhile.  This goes for a fair few of the frequent flyers in here.
    Posted by AMYBR
    AGREED xx
  • edited August 2011

Most weeks someone wins the lottery.

That's like hitting 6 consecuative 1 outers. 

Lottery aint rigged. 

If you want a constructive comment, your call is questionable facing 2 all ins from much bigger stacks. Can't see the blinds though so it might be ok.

You will lose this hand most of the time. dw about it. #Standard
  • edited August 2011
    The thing is you called when behind,hit, then got beat on the river and thats why it hurts so much.....i sooo hate thev redraw!

ps have a break.......black ops zombies ftw! 
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to The sky poker river. It's these kinds of hands that make you think online poker is rigged.:
    Dealt to avfcalex [Jc,Ad] Tang***9: folds monk***10: folds souz***1: is all in 10,489 danc***2: is all in 12,194 Icul***3: folds avfcalex: is all in 2,970 bala***5: folds shor***6: folds Dave***8: folds danc***2: returns uncalled bet 1,705 souz***1: shows [Kc Ah] danc***2: shows [Ac Kh] avfcalex: shows [Jc Ad] *** FLOP *** [5c,8d,Js] *** TURN *** [7h] *** RIVER *** [Ks] ***SHOW DOWN*** souz***1 wins 7,519 with Pair of Kings    danc***2 wins 7,519 with Pair of Kings    ***SHOW DOWN*** souz***1 wins 5,175 with Pair of Kings    danc***2 wins 5,175 with Pair of Kings   avfcalex finished 55 out of 108 players. Bearing in mind someone on chat explained how they'd thrown away the king of diamonds, which for the brainy of you out there will add up to PRECISELY ONE OUT. Now. I don't deserve to win anything with AJ vs AK/AK. However, all I do know is I am the slight favourite to HIT my card. Just that I did. But SKY wasn't having any of it. Oh no.. this guy is short stacked, we can't possibly let him get back into this tournament and have 10k stack now because that means we're losing money because we want him onto another table as quick as possible so we can get more rake out of him! What shall we do.. hmmm Wait! I've got a fantastic idea! We'll pop out these guys ONE outer on the river! Oh yes, wonderful.. the river, that really ruffles players feathers. Let's do it. Let's forget the legitmacy and legality of online poker, forget our random number carefully designed computer algorith m and then we can make this a split pot and get another player out of this tournament pronto! Hey listen. Yeah I'm annoyed. Yeah this has been happening to me for months.. years. Yes I am on a REALLY bad run right this second. But seriously.. don't these types of hands make you question how legit online poker really is? 
    Posted by avfcalex
    just spent the last 3 days back on the forums reading books watching vids but whats the fn point as i said at the3 weekend gettin busted by rag hands normal service resumes today set of 8 beat by 64 yet again and all in with q8 suited get called by 76 of the same suit bye bye wayne again and again and again makes u think but maybe they know something the rest of us dont because no matter how much time u put in to learning and playing this happens on every site
  • edited August 2011

To any doubters.....................its no gd avin a whinge in here really cos although its what area51 is here for it AINT gonna help.

Post these hands in the 'Poker Clinic' and you will prob get all of the answers ya lookin for.

Best of luck xx