You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

trips v crazy opponent 200BB deep river action

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Opponent is one of those super aggressive maniacs.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £7.30
Raziel101 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.67
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

cCall  £0.04 £0.10 £8.99
thethirdpo Fold     
Rakeme Call  £0.04 £0.14 £1.50
The_Don90 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £7.28
Raziel101 Check     
Flop

• J
  • A
  • J

The_Don90 Bet  £0.16 £0.32 £7.12
Raziel101 Fold     
cCall  £0.16 £0.48 £8.83
Rakeme Fold     
Turn

• Q

The_Don90 Bet  £0.36 £0.84 £6.76
cCall  £0.36 £1.20 £8.47
River

The_Don90 Bet  £0.90 £2.10 £5.86
cRaise  £3.90 £6.00 £4.57
The_Don90 ?????

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Jam. A lot of times he'll pay you off with a rag ace or smaller jack, which means it has to be profitable.

I am not worried about those instances where he has a boat or got there with backdoor hearts as it's too infrequent for us to lose the value from the above (more plausible) holdings that a maniac will call off with.
  • edited August 2011
    Don cmon mte you gota be raising pre with these hands if ur guna play em.

And for me its probably a crying call on the end. Although does look like he got a flush, unless his plan has been all along to flat the streets then try to get you off in the river with it being such a wet board, but yeah im calling here
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: trips v crazy opponent 200BB deep river action:
    Don cmon mte you gota be raising pre with these hands if ur guna play em. And for me its probably a crying call on the end. Although does look like he got a flush, unless his plan has been all along to flat the streets then try to get you off in the river with it being such a wet board, but yeah im calling here
    Posted by bolly580
    Likley ghet 3bet by a maniac by a wide range and have to fold. Happy to get to a flop hit big and take 200Bigs off him.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: trips v crazy opponent 200BB deep river action : Likley ghet 3bet by a maniac by a wide range and have to fold. Happy to get to a flop hit big and take 200Bigs off him.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Or you could 4bet and stick it in his eye with pretty much any two once in a while if the guy is a super maniac...
  • edited August 2011

The limp pre is by far the best move imo.

The river isn't fun.

I like the bet, it's a crying call at best.

I think I would literally be crying when I hit call too.
  • edited August 2011
    Gotta agree with the 'dont keep limpin' with these type of hands , IF im comin into this pot pre with KJ then im comin in with a raise xx
  • edited August 2011
    The limp pre is by far the best move imo. The river isn't fun. I like the bet, it's a crying call at best. I think I would literally be crying when I hit call too.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cmon dohh even if ure entering this pot with 2 7 ure comin in with a RAISE ;))
  • edited August 2011
    limp pre is fine OOP, it under reps you hand and you can get good value by a weaker kicker by just c/c, c/r or just over betting river - does work

IP always raise 

just flat :s w/o reads

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: trips v crazy opponent 200BB deep river action : Or you could 4bet and stick it in his eye with pretty much any two once in a while if the guy is a super maniac...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Jam it in his eye, a man after my own heart. Are you sure you don't want to join Team HitSquad????
    Back to the hand, raise pre.
    As played call river. Sighhhh a lot if he's got there.
  • edited August 2011
    I'd prefer to raise pre here for value, call could be ok as you're VERY deep but I still like raise/fold.

Flop I bet bigger at least 25p.

Turn bigger again, at least like 60p.

River if played betting bigger throughout I just shove.

As played snap it off.
  • edited August 2011
    raise pre
    probz a call, dunno though quite close between call and fold imo - just because of your reads, i call
  • edited August 2011
    Limp pre is fine, if they really are crazy i do get in on river. I agree with Sky Dave's alot of the time its more likely they have rag ace, if they have you beat then UL make a note