You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA on a double paired board. Should I give up?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #408877573 (18:20 31/08/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
MP33 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £4.67
jugglegeek Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

vaugha1971 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £1.81
mrsnacho23 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £3.05
rancid Fold        
victor0928 Call   £0.04 £0.18 £1.03
MP33 Call   £0.02 £0.20 £4.65
jugglegeek Raise   £0.36 £0.56 £3.60
X
Call   £0.36 £0.92 £1.45
mrsnacho23 Fold        
victor0928 Fold        
MP33 Fold        
Flop

• Q
  • Q

jugglegeek Check        
X Check        
Turn

jugglegeek Bet   £0.69 £1.61 £2.91
X
Call   £0.69 £2.30 £0.76
River

jugglegeek Bet   £1.15 £3.45 £1.76
X
All-in   £0.76 £4.21 £0.00
jugglegeek Unmatched bet   £0.39 £3.82 £2.15
jugglegeek Show
  • A
  • A

X
Show

jugglegeek Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens £3.53   £5.68

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I would bet out on flop strong like 80p and snap all in.

As played nh.
  • edited August 2011
    This is my very first hand. Pre is fine I think but when he called I thought either suited conectors or a small PP set mining or just bad play. My massive raise is either a bluff or AA/KK

On the flop I figure I want to keep the pot small for now. If he has a 9 he bets, if he has a queen then I'm beat anyway. He checks back so I bet the 9 on the turn but am ready to fold to a raise since this is what she should do with a queen or a nine. When he flats I don't know why but I just felt like he didn't have the full house.

Is this good thinking or does a player show up with a house most of the time and I was lucky to come up against an idiot? Obviously this guy is an idiot because he doesn't realise that the second 9 counterfits his hand leaving him with 2-high!

But if I play like this against good cash players at high levels will I go broke more often than not?
  • edited August 2011

love the river call playing the board!!!
    You should really c - bet here rather than giving the player a chance to represent, higher levels you will be getting bet back on with pocket twos or raised throughout on this kind of board.
    You got max value so well done i just can't understand his call in the end

• edited September 2011
    Gutted - I had the queen

just checked the hand to find out who the villian was
  • edited September 2011
    vaugha1971 says it pre,

bet flop you will get calls from worse as you would with AK for value/cbet bluff, then get it in on turn he would snap you with a king and pocket twos lol
  • edited September 2011
    bet flop for value 
    b/c turn for value
    b/c river / or just shove if pot size and stack sizes are ok

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: AA on a double paired board. Should I give up?:
    This is my very first hand. Pre is fine I think but when he called I thought either suited conectors or a small PP set mining or just bad play. My massive raise is either a bluff or AA/KK On the flop I figure I want to keep the pot small for now. If he has a 9 he bets, if he has a queen then I'm beat anyway. He checks back so I bet the 9 on the turn but am ready to fold to a raise since this is what she should do with a queen or a nine. When he flats I don't know why but I just felt like he didn't have the full house. Is this good thinking or does a player show up with a house most of the time and I was lucky to come up against an idiot? Obviously this guy is an idiot because he doesn't realise that the second 9 counterfits his hand leaving him with 2-high! But if I play like this against good cash players at high levels will I go broke more often than not?
    Posted by jugglegeek
    you wont go broke, you'll just lose a lot of value - it's not the most logical way of thinking about it, checking the flop and then betting the turn more time than not means you have a hand, betting the flop keeps all your bluffs which gives you more chance of getting paid
  • edited September 2011

should be betting flop, if he got a 9 at this level probably getting all his mone

not quite sure you bet the turn you should only be getting called by a hand that beats you.

And after the call on river ya gota be check folding the river at a higher level. But this is NL4 after all