You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHO`S YOU FAV SIGNING??

edited September 2011 in The Football Corner
AS SAID AND WHO DID YOU NOT WANT SEE GO

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Absolutely gutted Northampton sold Shaun Harrad to Bury. Our manager Gary Johnson is clueless. He just decided that he doesn't want to give him a go, just because he wasn't the one who signed him.

The fact that a club in a higher league than us has jumped at the opportunity to sign him, might actually suggest that he is a decent player.

Im so furious with that brainless egotistical manager of ours. I mean, i could understand it if Harrad had played badly, (he hasn't played at all and only just returned from injury), or if he was a bad influence in the dressing round, (he wasn't, he was popular with all the other players).

What makes it even worse is that he hasn't replaced him. Two weeks ago he bought Bas Savage to the club, who is absolutely useless. The other game he got the ball in 6 yard box unmarked and he didn't even shoot!! He just looked at the ball and totally blanked out.

Harrad and Akinfenwa upfront would have been a defenders nightmare in league 2, but sadly we never saw this combination.

He also said he would be bringing in two players today. However, these were two players who we already had at the club! One a defender nearing his 40's given an extra deal til xmas and the other a reject having his loan extended from P*SH!

I really hope the players we have left can get us up the league. We do have some good players, but when the man at the top has lost the plot, then we've got no hope.

Apart from that i was delighted with the deadline day :)
  • edited September 2011
    This just shows you what Gary Johnson is like. This a tweet from Leon McKenzie (about the Harrad situation) who played for us last season and was our top scorer, but for some reason Gary Johnson didn't offer him a new contract this year....

LeonMcKenzie1 Leon Mckenzie
    Good business from GJ @ Northampton to let your best goal scorer go cause u didn't like him! Sums up the Jokers in da game.
  • edited September 2011
     As a Bury Fan Im Obviously sad to lose Lowe and Mozika.
     I think our club did well though snapping up Harrad and also despite already having a few good players in central midfield he as signed Coke on loan from Wednesday while Schumacher is out injured!
     Overall I think the club have shown they are serous about staying in the division and even fighting for a play-off spot. UTS.

• edited September 2011
    Of the summer? Fabregas to Barca - will only make an exceptional team even more brilliant.

Of today, I think Parker going to Spurs - great move for them and cheap as well.
  • edited September 2011
    Arsenal getting Arteta could save their season, Now Everton, they could really struggle Now!!

Fulham fans are raving about this Riuz geezer, not seen him, but all sounds very Good!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Of the deadline day signings i noticed Juventus picking up Eljero Elia from Hamburg for only 8M.
    What little i saw of him was in the World Cup where he came on a few times as sub for Holland.
    Every time he came on tho he seemed to inject something into the game and appeared extremely talented.
    Shame a Prem side didn't take a punt. He maybe a big player in the future.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: WHO`S YOU FAV SIGNING??:
     As a Bury Fan Im Obviously sad to lose Lowe and Mozika.  I think our club did well though snapping up Harrad and also despite already having a few good players in central midfield he as signed Coke on loan from Wednesday while Schumacher is out injured!  Overall I think the club have shown they are serous about staying in the division and even fighting for a play-off spot. UTS.  
    Posted by Donut64
    Rubdown ftw!

Really want him to do well for you to prove our manager wrong.
  • edited September 2011
    Absolutely gutted Northampton sold Shaun Harrad to Bury. Our manager Gary Johnson is clueless. He just decided that he doesn't want to give him a go, just because he wasn't the one who signed him. The fact that a club in a higher league than us has jumped at the opportunity to sign him, might actually suggest that he is a decent player. Im so furious with that brainless egotistical manager of ours. I mean, i could understand it if Harrad had played badly, (he hasn't played at all and only just returned from injury), or if he was a bad influence in the dressing round, (he wasn't, he was popular with all the other players). What makes it even worse is that he hasn't replaced him. Two weeks ago he bought Bas Savage to the club, who is absolutely useless. The other game he got the ball in 6 yard box unmarked and he didn't even shoot!! He just looked at the ball and totally blanked out. Harrad and Akinfenwa upfront would have been a defenders nightmare in league 2, but sadly we never saw this combination. He also said he would be bringing in two players today. However, these were two players who we already had at the club! One a defender nearing his 40's given an extra deal til xmas and the other a reject having his loan extended from P*SH! I really hope the players we have left can get us up the league. We do have some good players, but when the man at the top has lost the plot, then we've got no hope. Apart from that i was delighted with the deadline day :)
    Posted by splashies
    Gary Johnson did a good job as manager of the Latvian national side. He then moved to my home town club Yeovil Town and also did a great job.That was some time ago. Since then he appears to have deteriorated significantly. Sorry to hear it :(
  • edited September 2011
    FAO LIVERPOOL FANS

Any of you guys tell me why you offloaded Aquilani at such a great loss ? If my memory serves me right he managed 7 assists and 2 goals in approximately 1000 mins of football. I thought he looked good. Got no settling in time. Hell Spurs could have sold Modric and bought him and Arteta and still had 20M change.
    Just don't get it.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: WHO`S YOU FAV SIGNING?? : Gary Johnson did a good job as manager of the Latvian national side. He then moved to my home town club Yeovil Town and also did a great job.That was some time ago. Since then he appears to have deteriorated significantly. Sorry to hear it :(
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Yes and we were all pleased when we got him in. His record for us is something like 4 league wins in 20 odd games.

He has two huge flaws imo. One being that he doesn't have a clue how to set up a team to be solid at the back. We leak goals for fun and its plain and obvious for evryone to see.

Secondly his ego has meant that we have lost two or three decent players. He just decides that he doesn't like a player, and then thats it, he ships them, no matter how good they are.

Im gonna stop now coz il rant again.

Any chance Yeovil will take him back? Please? I'll drive him there myself :P

Anyway, its time to get behind the team from now. The deadline has been and gone, nothing we can do now.
  • edited September 2011
    PAKER FOR £6M LOOKS LIKE MONEY WELL SPENT HE MAY BE 30 BUT YOU GET CHUFF ALL FOR £6m THESE DAYS.
    SWP AND BARTON LOOK GOOD BUYS FOR QPR AS DOES PUNCHEON.
    ID LIKE TO HEAR A SCOUSE VIEW ON MEIRALLES GOING SEEMS A STRANGE DECISION TO ME THINK KENNY MIGHT BE OVERESTIMATING THE IMPACT AND THE NUMBER OF GAMES HES GONNA GET OUT OF GERRARD.
    NOT SURE ABOUT JEROME TO STOKE CANT SEE HIM DOING MUCH IN STOKES WAY OF PLAYING THINK CROUCH WILL BE GOOD FOR 10/15 GOALS THOUGH
  • edited September 2011
    Man U not sending Welbeck and Cleverley on loan, if that counts.
  • edited September 2011
    Where do I start? The only one I'm not entirely convinced about is John Carew but tbh, other than a year's salary (which I doubt is anything near what he was on at Villa) we've not got a lot to lose. A ready made replacement for Cole should he get injured/lose form & he's had experience at the top level so should be able to do a job for us.

Lansbury has had a couple of good seasons on loan at Norwich & Watford so knows what's required at this level & if Bentley can find anything like the form he had at Blackburn he'll tear up this division.

Sam Baldock is probably the one I'm most excited about though. For a reported £2mil (plus add ons) he could turn out to be real bargain. Granted, he's unproven at this level but he's started like a house on fire for MK Dons this year & I know their fans didn't want to lose him.

All this & I've yet to even mention Kevin Nolan or Matty Taylor!

TBH, if you'd told me in May that we'd clear almost all of the deadwood & only lose Parker of those we wanted to stay I would've had you committed. We can have no excuses for not getting straight back up imo.
  • edited September 2011
    phil jones shay given david santon the bar codes ave got a bargain phil jones looks as though hes been at utd for 10 years shay given class
  • edited September 2011
    Arsenal getting Arteta could save their season, Now Everton, they could really struggle Now!! Fulham fans are raving about this Riuz geezer, not seen him, but all sounds very Good!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Can't see Arteta, or any of Wenger's late signings, saving their season. They just don't look like those of a team with top 4 ambitions.

Arteta is a good player, but he's been out a fair bit over the last couple of seasons at Everton, and is more of a cut price Fabregas than an answer to Arsenal's lack of a quality destructive midfielder . Parker would have been a far better buy for Arsenal.

Add in a tall but slow CB and a LB who's apparently better going forwards than defending and I don't think it improves Arsenal's chances of making  Europa league football at best.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: WHO`S YOU FAV SIGNING?? : Can't see Arteta, or any of Wenger's late signings, saving their season. They just don't look like those of a team with top 4 ambitions. Arteta is a good player, but he's been out a fair bit over the last couple of seasons at Everton, and is more of a cut price Fabregas than an answer to Arsenal's lack of a quality destructive midfielder . Parker would have been a far better buy for Arsenal. Add in a tall but slow CB and a LB who's apparently better going forwards than defending and I don't think it improves Arsenal's chances of making  Europa league football at best.
    Posted by harding10
    Yeah the whole selling Nasri late for top dollar kinda messed things up a bit. Arteta is ok and should do better for Arsenal than Everton. The fact he went there for a pay cut says a lot. Fabregas was pretty irreplaceable anyway imo. I wondered if they could have tried to do a swap deal for a Barca midfielder ? January window very important for Arsenal.
    The Europa league is a death-trap for any club with larger ambitions. Better to finish outside a Europa place for the big 6. Liverpool got a big break not being in it.
    Agree with you that Arsenal will struggle for top 4. Liverpool have spent a lot, in a few cases way over the odds. They got +6 points too. The pressure's on them tho so let's see. Personally I'd like Arsenal to do it because they are underdogs and get a lot of flak for trying to play a good game. Plus i like it when people stick to their principles esp. in the face of adversity.
    For me i prefer the beautiful loser than the dull, methodical winner. It makes life more interesting. I guess i'm in a pretty small minority. People seemed brainwashed by USA winning is everything mentality. I mean let's face it altho the history books may tell us who won what 50+ years ago does anyone really give a fig ?