You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Clock Moan!!

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Why is when you go to register  for a tournament with less than  30 secs remaining on the clock to register ..... you click to enter and the  a box tells me,
 FAILED TO REGISTER TOURNAMENT HAS STARTED .. 

It hasn't the clock is still running down !!    lol   
I must stop reading this forum and running to my Tournament ....

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Ive noticed this. Im guessing If you go onto downloadable sites and you register even 1 second early it will allow you to enter, also i notice here it says 2 entrants 12 secs to close then suddenly there are a million lol. Im only guessing again but id say its to do with this system and it takes a few years to register all the facts lol. Also other sites the clock goes down 1 second at a time here it says like 52 secs then 2 mins later 49 secs (im exaggerating but you get my point lol)
  • edited October 2009
     hahaha .. hahaha  
    It must have something to  do with the Moon,  reflecting the sunlight onto the oceans ... abit like how the  tide works with the beach.  keeps coming in, then going out again ? ??
  • edited October 2009
    i think its down to the internet explorer refresh rate.
  • edited October 2009
    Whats wrong with Sky having late entrants?

Most other sites do it, Just allow 5 minutes late entrants and job done.

Won't work on all tourneys as the Russian Roulletes are usually over by this time! But you get the drift.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Clock Moan!!:
    Whats wrong with Sky having late entrants? Most other sites do it, Just allow 5 minutes late entrants and job done. Won't work on all tourneys as the Russian Roulletes are usually over by this time! But you get the drift.
    Posted by Hale72
    Nothing - & it's on the way, & will be introduced at the same time as Rebuys are introduced.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Clock Moan!!:
    Why is when you go to register  for a tournament with less than  30 secs remaining on the clock to register ..... you click to enter and the  a box tells me,  FAILED TO REGISTER TOURNAMENT HAS STARTED ..  It hasn't the clock is still running down !!    lol    I must stop reading this forum and running to my Tournament ....
    Posted by bennydip2
    I used to have this problem, but now I use Firefox, it no longer happens.

I was reminded of it last night, when I had to revert to IE for various reasons, & the "lag" suddenly re-appeared.

I just try & Register a little earlier, it's not a problem then.
  • edited October 2009
    The clocks on this site are crazy lol,

When joining a cash table, the clock ticks down before you buy in.  When it gets to 4 seconds, thats it,  also, which is very strange, and happened quite a few times, the clock doesnt even count down....it counts up, work that one out lol.

and I use firefox
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Clock Moan!! : Nothing - & it's on the way, & will be introduced at the same time as Rebuys are introduced.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think rebuys will ultimately be a fantastic way of bringing new players to the site.

Not a fan myself but I assume there will be a mixture of rebuy and freezeouts on the site.

This ultimately increases our options and should suit a lot more players.

I don't mind the idea of a single rebuy as anyone can get their chips in good and hit a suck out, so nothing wrong with a second bite at the cherry.  Multiple rebuys start to give things a lottery feel.
  • edited October 2009
    players are mad enough on here,without rebuys.imagine a BH with rebuys...jeeeez I play on other sites paddy power for example and for the first hour of tourneys its an absolute joke(hate it).Some ppl have an endless supply of funds it would appear and go all-in with any small pair or ace,then just rebuy and on and on and on.
    Posted by igimc
    That ultimately is my biggest gripe with em.

Trust me when I tell you, live can be a lot worse....

Hopefully, there will be tournament types to suit all sorts and pockets and the odd limited rebuy is not too bad.

I don't feel the bounty hunter would be suitable for a rebuy format either. But a normal tournament would benefit from a single rebuy option.

Also if people want the high risk multiple rebuy games, then something should be here to cater for those players too.

This gives players who play in single or no rebuys an edge when the multi rebuying player tries there hand at that type of game as the multi rebuy mentality can be hard to shift.

Most rebuys too are limited to the first hour, but some people can reload 10 times in that time. It creates a huge gap between chip leaders and steady solid players by the end of the rebuy time, Thus making cashing for those who are careful much harder.
  • edited October 2009

I have played many, many single rebuy games, granted all of them live.

It's quite good, we used to have one locally which was a single reload equivalent to half the value of your original buy in. At the end of the first hour, you could also choose to top up whether you needed it or not.

Never played them online though as I always steer clear of any online game offering rebuys. Like I say they are not for me but anything that increases the footfall of the site is ultimately for all our benefits.

I very often see the same names in most games I play and as such, know their plays and I'm sure they know mine. New faces, in whatever shape, are always going to benefit the regular player.

• edited October 2009

In case my point about Rebuys was misinterpreted.

1) They ARE coming. I assume, but don't know, that the functionality will include both Single Rebuys & Unlimited Rebuys.

2) Personally, I don't enjoy them, & I'm unlikely to play many. I never - EVER - play them live, because I feel they create an uneven playing field, & the better-rolled Players have an advantage. And that, in my mind, is wrong - we should all have an equal chance. I once played a £100 Omaha Rebuy, & Jac Arama had 23 Rebuys. Tell me that's fair. But he did create value for everyone else - & he was the first Player to Exit post-freeze!

But many players love them, so the choice will, be there - it's up to us whether we play them or not. There will always be a choice of Rebuys & Freezeouits, so it's something for everyone. And I don't begrudge them to the Rebuy lovers, not at all. I'll do my thing, & they can do theirs, which is coolio.
  • edited October 2009
    There are tournaments both live and  online that have ..one re-buy  and one add-on ....some great points here in this thread ..

however   I'm late I'm late for a very important date.....no time to stop ..hello  goodbye .. I'm late I'm late I'm late !

:))  glk all
  • edited October 2009
    They are coming.

Keep hearing that about omaha, stud, rebuys, etc etc.

I'll believe it when i see it!
  • edited October 2009
    Re-buys are amazing.

Can't wait.
  • edited October 2009
    I know what your all saying about the lag on refreshing... But try and use their clock in the top right of the lobby. This clock is always on time and accurate to what sky run off, DONT GO BY THE TOURNAMENT LOBBY CLOCK
  • edited October 2009

java should be bannished