You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quick check for me guys please.

Hi guys. Right, villain is a reg at this level. Multi tables. Sometimes posts on the forum but i wouldnt say he is a guy who posts daily. Obviously, i arent on the table to target this player as there is easier money available, however here we are. I know he is relatively tight, but with him just calling pre gives the impression he is not sat on a monster.

The flop gives me a nut flush draw. I get the chance to check behind and get a free card but if its a diamond i are'nt getting any more money for it. I decide to bet out and build the pot. If he has the ace and 3-bets me i'm happy to shove this arent i? Fairly sure he doesnt have the ace, if he did he'd have a decent enough kicker to bet the flop following his call pre.

I hit the turn but not the way i really wanted. I check behind as the pot is already quite big and i dont want to have to stack off on the river with 2nd pair. Just want to control the size of the pot in case he is slow playing an ace or a set.

The river comes, and pairs the board. He bets in to me. Didnt like it to be honest, couldnt put him on a 2 unless he had quads. Still a faint possability he has an ace. Thought i was ahead so made the call.

Is this the right thought process and the right way to play this hand against another reg?

Hand History #409177042 (15:28 01/09/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.94 leee Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £0.37   Your hole cards K J       radjygad04 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £10.35 chaznchips Call  £0.04 £0.14 £2.58 DrSharp Raise  £0.20 £0.34 £3.74 enyap Fold     xCall  £0.18 £0.52 £3.76 leee Fold     radjygad04 Fold     chaznchips Call  £0.16 £0.68 £2.42 Flop    A 2 3       xCheck     chaznchips Check     DrSharp Bet  £0.51 £1.19 £3.23 xCall  £0.51 £1.70 £3.25 chaznchips Fold     Turn    K       xCheck     DrSharp Check     River    2       xBet  £0.52 £2.22 £2.73 DrSharp Call  £0.52 £2.74 £2.71 xShow 9 9    DrSharp Show K J    DrSharp Win Two Pairs, Kings and 2s £2.53

Comments