You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rebuys and addons..

edited June 2009 in Poker Chat

WAS WONDERING WHEN IF IN THE FUTURE SKY WOULD INTRODUCE REBUYS/ADDONS TO THERE MTTS? WOULD BOLSTER THE PRIZEPOOLS!!!!!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    WOULD BE NICE JAMES
  • edited June 2009
    think it would b a gr8 idea..get it on
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: rebuys and addons..:
    think it would b a gr8 idea..get it on
    Posted by razorkev
    Hi Guys,
    I HATE THEM and i think that i could be disasterous if they come to Sky Poker.
    In a different post, i said that IMO Bounty Hunters have brought a mentality into peoples game that they cant change from one type of  tourny to another. I can see rebuys lowering the standard of play and istead of good play being seen, we would just be gambling for the rebuy period.
    Sorry thsi goes against the grain but hey ho.
    col
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: rebuys and addons.. : Hi Guys, I HATE THEM and i think that i could be disasterous if they come to Sky Poker. In a different post, i said that IMO Bounty Hunters have brought a mentality into peoples game that they cant change from one type of  tourny to another. I can see rebuys lowering the standard of play and istead of good play being seen, we would just be gambling for the rebuy period. Sorry thsi goes against the grain but hey ho. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    no probs mate... i can see your point... well put;-)
  • edited June 2009
    I wouldn't mind seeing them here sure the play in first hour is mental but if you can get a big stack built and play well after the first hour till the end the prize pool is very juicy;-)
  • edited June 2009
    Rebuy and add on tournaments are widely available in online poker and they are in development at Sky Poker also.  They won't be everyone's cup of tea, we accept that, but there are a number of different ways to play them and I'm sure you guys will have some fun trying to figure the best strategy out, while enjoying the larger prize pools.  They should launch later in summer.
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: rebuys and addons.. : Hi Guys, I HATE THEM and i think that i could be disasterous if they come to Sky Poker. In a different post, i said that IMO Bounty Hunters have brought a mentality into peoples game that they cant change from one type of  tourny to another. I can see rebuys lowering the standard of play and istead of good play being seen, we would just be gambling for the rebuy period. Sorry thsi goes against the grain but hey ho. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    The skill in rebuy tournaments come AFTER the rebuy period, because everybody has much deeper stacks than they normally would an hour or so in. To new players, it will be a bit of gambling to begin with, but once they have played a few they will realalise there is a skill to them as there is any other game.

I think its important that Sky emphasise what bankroll adjustments players have to make in rebuys. A guy that plays £10 freezeouts cant play £10 rebuys etc

• edited June 2009
    They should launch later in summer.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Which basically means autumn at the earliest! (No offence intended to the Sky Crew, i'm sure they'll do their darndest to get it out asap, but the launching of the community slipped right at least a month or so, these things happen).

Will be interesting to see how people play these. I don't care to think much about rebuy tournaments, but I did monitor them at the WSOP (before they got banned, which was an interesting move) and I noticed that the bigger players just kept going all-in blind. I can't imagine that to happen on sky as there won't be a coveted gold bracelet for every winner of a rebuy tournament, but it will be interesting to see how many people let the rest of the table do the gambling and rebuying and who is the most pro-active.
  • edited June 2009
    Apologies for the double post, but...

In Response to Re: rebuys and addons.. : The skill in rebuy tournaments come AFTER the rebuy period, because everybody has much deeper stacks than they normally would an hour or so in.
    Posted by ButtonDonk
    This is exactly why Phil Ivey would go all-in blind every hand in a bracelet event, because it makes his table WELL chipped-up so he can take them to the sword when the rebuys have finished.

For the more advanced players on the site this type of tournament can be a bit of a dilemma. Do they do a 'Phil Ivey' and spend lots of money chipping the table up, but rendering anything less than a top 3 finish as a losing session? Or do they sit tight, hover around the starting stack and then try double/treble through the big stacks on the table? Will be interesting.