You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did i play this bad or is it just reli reli bad luck?

i was in the 100pound speed tourney. In the money, 1st, Chip leader with about 25K when this happened.

mattdexter
Small blind  800.00 800.00 29977.09
lynnpin Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 10577.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

THEOCALOT Fold     
00kav Fold     
aspro Fold     
EVILFULTON Fold     
mattdexter All-in  29977.09 32377.09 0.00
lynnpin All-in  10577.50 42954.59 0.00
Flop

• K
  • K

Turn

• Q

River

mattdexter Show
  • A
  • K

lynnpin Show
  • J
  • A

lynnpin Win Straight to the Ace 24355.00  24355.00
mattdexter Win Three Kings 18599.59  18599.59
Thinking it over maybe i should of min raised and hoped to see a flop and win it there. But my opponent had about 11K and had AJ suited so he would of raised. I wanted to win, i had come 2nd a few days prior.

Could i have played this any better or is just just a bad beat?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Well he's got less than 10 BB's so isnt folding AJs too any bet, even an all-in. You completely dominated him to boot and hit trips, he has to hit runner-runner, just hideous bad luck m8.
  • edited October 2009
    REALLY REALLY bad spelling
  • edited October 2009

not much play involved, this is just a standard blind vs blind, big stack vs short stack hand..

All the chips were going in pre flop, so the way they got in is irrevelant imo..

how would you have felt had your opponent had won in a much simpler way, eg if the board ran 3 J 7 A 9, (him 2 pairing).

I think the nature of the beat has led to you posting this.

• edited October 2009
    You played the hand fairly well, it would not of mattered how you played the hand he would of pushed no matter what raise you put in, the hand played itself by both players and you just got unlucky !!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Agree with those comments above. You've done your job well, getting the money in around a 3-1 leader. Keep doing that and you'll be alright ;)
  • edited October 2009
    I like your shove in this situation. Usually I think it's wrong for the big stack to just shove with no prior action, (you're usually saying - hey! all you small stacks! if any of you get a hand and want to double up, then do it through me!) but this looks like a blind steal so would get called by much less than AJ. I'd probably be calling with as little as KT in the big blind here (depending on the ladder etc).
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Matt

I cant see any other way the cards could have been played tbh, it played itself, you answered your own question really, the chips would have probably ended up in the middle, so, imo it was right to push, unfortunately the poker gods love to kick us where it hurts, but can also love us it was bad luck that is the game Poker :)
  • edited October 2009
    this hand played itself, folded around to you in sb, bb has hand also, the chips were always going to go in and you just got unlucky. But i bet you've got just as lucky doing the same thing, we all have.
  • edited October 2009
    very bad luck mate, i hate it when this happens, it just demoralises me!