You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Input please

1. Should I even have called? I figure for a min raise i have pot odds in case i get a miracle board

2. Should I have maintained aggerssion on turn/river?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxxxx Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £13.37
dgw69 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.98
luvBWFC Big blind   £0.10 £0.25 £16.80
  Your hole cards
  • J

fish4pair Fold        
7king Fold        
luvBWFC Check        
p8pnt Fold        
xxxxx Raise   £0.15 £0.40 £13.22
dgw69 Fold        
luvBWFC Call   £0.10 £0.50 £16.70
Flop

• K
  • J

xxxxx
Bet   £0.55 £1.05 £12.67
luvBWFC Raise   £1.10 £2.15 £15.60
jtm Call   £0.55 £2.70 £12.12
Turn

jtm Check        
luvBWFC Check        
River

xxxxx Check        
luvBWFC Check        
xxxxx Show
  • A

luvBWFC Show
  • J

luvBWFC Win Pair of Jacks £2.54   £18.1

Comments

• edited September 2011
    btw, was making a cuppa, and had missed my blind, so when came back had to post
  • edited September 2011
    Fold pre, calling min raise here is never going to be profitable in this spot

on the flop i probably just call and play same from then on, your not really getting much value raising other then vs the flush draw. someone with a better jack probably continues still and your just valueing yourself.

Your 2nd point there is no need at nl4, check down for showdown is fine you dont have top pair so no point betting, get to showdown as cheap as poss
  • edited September 2011
    WOW.

Insta snap fold pre.

Flop snap fold too, you have 2nd pair no kika lolz.

After flop at least you slowed down.

If you're playing these sort of hands you need to load up more tables asap !
  • edited September 2011
    Fold pre for sure but glad ya slowed down as dude said ya aint really got much at all
  • edited September 2011
    why raise flop what was your thinking?
  • edited September 2011
    Fold pre. Don't raise flop, I'm not even sure I call with 2nd pair and 4 for a kicker. Luckily you got a free showdown for the rest of it and somehow managed to win, but this is not profitable long term. Just fold pre.

If you're calling pre with hands you wouldn't normally to see if you hit a monster flop then personally I think you should be doing it with things like 45s, 56s, 89s and you should be doing it when theres a few people in the pot, so that when you do hit, it'll make it worthwhile.
  • edited September 2011
    v.muddled hand

fold pre - you wont hit a miracle flop!!!!

don't even wanna know what the flop is about, it's either on a diff level completely in a good way, or it's tragic! not good imo, you raising as a bluff or for value? you have a made hand you don't need to bluff - but tbh, you should just fold there

turn and river are fine

• edited September 2011
    dont think the call pre is as bad as everyone says, would like some reads to do it though and I fold readless

flat flop, Im not folding a pair here after flatting with this hand pre and I cant see any reason to raise.

rest is good
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Input please:
    btw, was making a cuppa, and had missed my blind, so when came back had to post
    Posted by luvBWFC
    You couldn't wait for that hand to play out ?
  • edited September 2011
    heh this hand was a million years ago! just back from hospital, I have a new daughter!

I bet the flop in case the bet i was facing was a c bet, when he called i would have folded to any reasonable bet.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Input please:
    heh this hand was a million years ago! just back from hospital, I have a new daughter! I bet the flop in case the bet i was facing was a c bet, when he called i would have folded to any reasonable bet.
    Posted by luvBWFC
    Gratz.