You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I think this guys had enough......

Villain had only been at table for 3 orbits. No previous notes. Nothing seen out of ordinary but with a full buy in and also he wasnt involved every hand. I had him tagged as a player with at least half an idea at 4NL until i had seen proof otherwise.

We all know the drill at NL4. Get a big hand and bet big. The situation is as follows, since his arrival, every orbit this situation had occurred. Me in the small blind raising in to him in the big blind, this was the third time it had happened with him folding the previous two times.

Can i assume in this situation that he would be getting a bit annoyed at my 'stealing' (i wasnt, i had two good hands previously). If so whats the move, am i folding this or shoving. If he's defending his blind then i should be in front.

Thankyou.

Hand History #409530001 (14:41 02/09/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DrSharp Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.95
xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.45
Dommo65 Sit out     
  Your hole cards

ghost926 Fold     
DOC_56 Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £3.83
xRaise  £0.50 £0.68 £3.95
DrSharp ????

Comments

• edited September 2011
    It's very likely he just has a hand this time.

Fold.
  • edited September 2011
    fold readless imo
  • edited September 2011
    same as above, esp that your oop

you don't want to get involved in marginal spots at 4nl - there will be plenty more good spots for value
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: I think this guys had enough......:
    same as above, esp that your oop you don't want to get involved in marginal spots at 4nl - there will be plenty more good spots for value
    Posted by percival09
    why not, assuming they are marginally profitable
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: I think this guys had enough...... : why not, assuming they are marginally profitable
    Posted by grantorino
    Like I said in my previous post, I don't think there's any need to - you'll easy find a better spot , but you're probz right it's ok
  • edited September 2011
    We have to call 38p pre to hit a set basically (which we hit 1 in 7-8 times) and he has 10 times that behind so why can't we call ?
  • edited September 2011
    We have to call 38p pre to hit a set basically (which we hit 1 in 7-8 times) and he has 10 times that behind so why can't we call ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    not profitable to call readless - you'll find yourself leaking money if you call w/ a pp everytime you're 3b, esp oop - if you are literally just going to set mine, it might be ok - as in you'd fold on a 223 flop every time .... but i guess players wouldn't - and what makes you think he'll stack off every time you hit? he doesn't have to have a big pair here, i know it's likely, but it's not a certainty 
  • edited September 2011
    i must admit i would call, you guys keep telling me how bad nl4 is, would a player do this with ax?. a on flop ob fold, 2 overs fold to any bet. 1 over cbet and re evaluate. is this spewy?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: I think this guys had enough...... : not profitable to call readless - you'll find yourself leaking money if you call w/ a pp everytime you're 3b, esp oop - if you are literally just going to set mine, it might be ok - as in you'd fold on a 223 flop every time .... but i guess players wouldn't - and what makes you think he'll stack off every time you hit? he doesn't have to have a big pair here, i know it's likely, but it's not a certainty 
    Posted by percival09
    Well I could fold on a 223 flop lol, also I'm pretty sure he stacks a good enough percentage of the time to make it ok.
  • edited September 2011
    Anyway, i had a feeling this guy was just playing back at me. When he called the shove i thought i would be racing at best. Was happy when he turned his cards over but it helps when you bink a set on the flop.

Thought i might have some fold equity. Thought i could push him off the hand as he had been fairly cagey. Probably not the correct way to play this at all. Maybe i got a little lucky. At the time it seemed plausable. Not sure if i would do this again though.

One more thing, this obviously played alot according to the table dynamic. If he thinks i am stealing every time, is his call ok or really bad? I couldnt believe when he called with this. He thought about it for pretty much the entire time bar.

I think its a gamble by both of us. We are both guessing really. Not really proud of the hand, just thought i would throw it out there for analysis.

Thanks guys.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DrSharp Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.95
    xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.45
    Dommo65 Sit out     
      Your hole cards

ghost926 Fold     
    DOC_56 Fold     
    DrSharp Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £3.83
    xRaise  £0.50 £0.68 £3.95
    DrSharp All-in  £3.83 £4.51 £0.00
    xCall  £3.43 £7.94 £0.52
    DrSharp Show

xShow
    • A
    • J

Flop

Turn

River

• J

DrSharp Win Three 9s £7.34
  • edited September 2011
    if he thinks you are stealing why would he 3b/f AJ? I know its 4NL but if you both look reggy it would be a strange line imo

I doubt you have much FE when you shove against hands that you want to fold
  • edited September 2011
    Don't like the shove AT ALL, you're basically gambling for me and a lot of the time will be facing and overpair here, and even with overs you're flipping.