You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i have to call here right?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jasp3315 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.02
tonkar Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.57
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

Micknick Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.80
drumbeat99 Call  £0.20 £0.46 £2.18
DOWTOM Fold     
jasp3315 Fold     
tonkar Call  £0.16 £0.62 £1.41
Flop

tonkar Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.47 £1.09 £3.33
drumbeat99 All-in  £2.18 £3.27 £0.00
tonkar All-in  £1.41 £4.68 £0.00
The_Don90 Call

Comments

• edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011

I don't like it.
    You are definitely behind and one of those cats could have the A-x.
    Why do you think you HAVE to please ?
    Personally i would have checked the flop too.
    But hey i imagine a legion of people will disagree.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: i have to call here right?:
    I don't like it. You are definitely behind and one of those cats could have the A-x. Why do you think you HAVE to please ? Personally i would have checked the flop too. But hey i imagine a legion of people will disagree.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    I think the pot size for don to call is defo worth the gamble in this instance , if they all had 200+ bb's or summin then i can prob find a fold here , i hope xx
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: i have to call here right? : I think the pot size for don to call is defo worth the gamble in this instance , if they all had 200+ bb's or summin then i can prob find a fold here , i hope xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Effectively tho he's calling 2 all ins. So i figure usually 1 of them has made hand of some description and 1 of them often is drawing.
    If 1 of them is drawing to flush they have 2 of Dons outs. Sometimes they have A-x and his flush draw is useless.
    It just struck me as unwise under those circumstances. It is a gamble and one he doesn't have to make. He cant even be sure that his K or Q are live.
    If the counter argument is yeah but it's nl4 so they are fish poos or whatever then i still don't think it's a good argument on principle. Just because our opponents play poorly it is not a good reason to do the same.
    If he had have checked things might have been different.
    I'm just telling you how i'd do it tbh. Maybe i'm too tight/passive but i spend my time looking for more favourable spots than this if i choose to call all ins.
    We'll probably find out that they are both insane and doing it with air in which case i stand corrected.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: i have to call here right? : Effectively tho he's calling 2 all ins. So i figure usually 1 of them has made hand of some description and 1 of them often is drawing. If 1 of them is drawing to flush they have 2 of Dons outs. Sometimes they have A-x and his flush draw is useless. It just struck me as unwise under those circumstances. It is a gamble and one he doesn't have to make. He cant even be sure that his K or Q are live. If the counter argument is yeah but it's nl4 so they are fish poos or whatever then i still don't think it's a good argument on principle. Just because our opponents play poorly it is not a good reason to do the same. If he had have checked things might have been different. I'm just telling you how i'd do it tbh. Maybe i'm too tight/passive but i spend my time looking for more favourable spots than this if i choose to call all ins. We'll probably find out that they are both insane and doing it with air in which case i stand corrected.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Ya do make very very gd points and maybe ya may even be right , i still call tho ;)) xx
  • edited September 2011
    Ya do make very very gd points and maybe ya may even be right , i still call tho ;)) xx
    Posted by debdobs_67

Oh sod it i will too then. GAMBLE !!!!!!!!!!   it's worth it for the rush.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: i have to call here right? : Ya do make very very gd points and maybe ya may even be right , i still call tho ;)) xx Posted by debdobs_67
    Oh sod it i will too then. GAMBLE !!!!!!!!!!   it's worth it for the rush.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS

There ya go we converted ya from bein a decent player to a total donk like the rest of us xxx
  • edited September 2011
    Wild horses do not stop me hitting the call button.
  • edited September 2011
    Due to stack sizes and large cbet I think I would have to then call here not overly happy about it though.
  • edited September 2011

I might fold if I disconnected. Once you bet that flop you are not folding

• edited September 2011
    let me guess, drumbeat has A/K - 9
    Tonkar is sitting nicely with the set of 7's
    and you called and hit your flush beating em both :) or did he manage to get a full house by the end of it ;o