You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (3rd/4th)

edited September 2011 in Betting Chat
I really hate the international break. It's a bit like having top set on a wet board. You're sure there's a little value bet out there somewhere but you're not sure if you can find it.

After a little looking I'm hopeful that I've found a little value in the games being played tomorrow.

Sheff Utd to beat Bury (H) @ 8/11
Scunthorpe/Colchester - Both to score @ 8/15
AFC Wimbledon/Port Vale - Both to score @ 8/11
Gateshead to beat Alfreton Town (H) @ 1/2

These four pay a none to shabby 11/2

Sheffield Utd have made a solid start to their season & are unbeaten in their opening 5 games. Their only dropped points so far came in a 1-1 draw against Tranmere at Prenton Park a couple of weeks ago. They've won both games at Bramall Lane this term although they did have to come from 2-0 down against Walsall in their last outing there. Bury have started the season well enough with 7 points from their opening 5 games but they've lost Ryan Lowe to United's neighbours Wednesday & it remains to be seen how they get by without him. They've brought in Shaun Harrad from Northampton to replace Lowe but I don't think the Shakers will be getting much joy from the red half of Sheffield tomorrow.
Scunthorpe have started life back in league 1 a lot slower than they would've liked but the one thing you can almost guarantee with them is goals. They've scored & conceded in all 5 of their league games so far & with Colchester in town tomorrow that trend should continue. Like their hosts, Colchester fans have certainly been getting value for money in their games with 11 scored & 9 conceded in just 5 games. So far they've conceded in every game this season & the only time they failed to score was against high flying Charlton in a 2-0 home defeat.
AFC Wimbledon can be fairly pleased with the start to their life in the football league. 7 points from their opening 5 games sees them sitting in mid table but they've yet to keep a clean sheet at home. Bristol Rovers got 3 there on the opening day whilst strugglers Hereford managed their first goal of the season at Kingsmeadow a couple of weeks back. Port Vale have yet to see a clean sheet for or against so far this term & I think it's highly likely that will continue this weekend. 
Gateshead entertain newly promoted Alfreton Town at the International Stadium this weekend & they'll be looking to continue their impressive start to the campaign. They've won 5 & drawn 1 of their opening 6 games including an impressive 3-2 win away to fellow high flyers Kidderminster. Newly promoted Alfreton have had a difficult start to life in the top tier of the non league pyramid with their first win of the season coming only last week at York City. They've already been on the wrong side of 4-1 & 6-1 defeats this term & I don't fancy them coming away from the North East with anything tomorrow either.

Good luck if you're having a go this weekend.

Jay

Comments