You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JJ v A8

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #409829788 (02:40 03/09/2011)
Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
TINTIN Small blind £0.02 £0.02 £3.77
2003 Big blind £0.04 £0.06 £2.98
  Your hole cards
J
J

denty765 Fold
barnsy91 Raise £0.16 £0.22 £3.97
sillymunch All-in £4.30 £4.52 £0.00
TINTIN Fold
2003 Fold
barnsy91 All-in £3.97 £8.49 £0.00
sillymunch Unmatched bet £0.17 £8.32 £0.17
barnsy91 Show
A
sillymunch Show
J
J
Flop

A

Turn

River

K

barnsy91 Win Pair of Aces £7.69 £7.69

Now i know what your gonna say, i shouldnt be going all in with JJ but this guy was really annoying me raising with trash hands, and i knew even if he had an ace im still favourate to win it, gotta ask is this guy just a complete fish

Later on he see's a flop all hearts, i put him all in, and he manages to call with the smallest pair on the board and then when i get my Queen, which wins me the hand, i actually lose the hand cus the Queen of heart turns up >< ok that was just for 50p and i couldnt care less about it, but he then goes to call me a donk.... seriously who calls all in with an A8

Comments

• edited September 2011
    sounds like your on tilt. Do a normal raise to 68-90p with the view of getting it in imp
  • edited September 2011
    tilt maybe, but at the same time, seriously do people just think i have a ace with a weak kicker lets call an all in lol
    and i dont think im on tilt, but made a bad judgement call lol, part of the reason i dont like the ABC style poker is cus i get frustrated at watching people make stupid calls and getting paid off for it, and i get any hand and i want to make them pay for there stupid mistakes and usually they get lucky hitting there high card, or in other situations 2 low cards and then i lose lol, it annoys me at times :(

im just happy it only cost me 4 quid and i managed to get near enough all of it back now
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: JJ v A8:
    tilt maybe, but at the same time, seriously do people just think i have a ace with a weak kicker lets call an all in lol and i dont think im on tilt, but made a bad judgement call lol, part of the reason i dont like the ABC style poker is cus i get frustrated at watching people make stupid calls and getting paid off for it, and i get any hand and i want to make them pay for there stupid mistakes and usually they get lucky hitting there high card, or in other situations 2 low cards and then i lose lol, it annoys me at times :( im just happy it only cost me 4 quid and i managed to get near enough all of it back now
    Posted by sillymunch
    we (most of us) dislike these becasue the calls. But we want these calls.

Best advice, add tables, add volume and pint the notes.
  • edited September 2011
    yep, and get some sleep when your tired instead of playing more poker lmao, i think thats what i need to do 
  • edited September 2011
    You got it all in pre JJ v A8, bad beat yaaaaawwn here.
  • edited September 2011
    i cant tell if your just being sarcastic there dudeskin, 
    im not even sure if it is a bad beat, but if my calculations are correct, im 70% favoured to win preflop
    even though you should never go all in with JJ pre flop because its the worst of the big hands, as such should be approached with caution.
    That being said, and the only reasons i left names in is because i told the guy straight away that i would be putting this hand up to get feed back......
    his reaction to the hand was, he played better then me for 2 reasons
    1..... Who got the money
    2..... I just felt it was gonna be a good call
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: JJ v A8:
    i cant tell if your just being sarcastic there dudeskin,  im not even sure if it is a bad beat, but if my calculations are correct, im 70% favoured to win preflop even though you should never go all in with JJ pre flop because its the worst of the big hands, as such should be approached with caution. That being said, and the only reasons i left names in is because i told the guy straight away that i would be putting this hand up to get feed back...... his reaction to the hand was, he played better then me for 2 reasons 1..... Who got the money 2..... I just felt it was gonna be a good call
    Posted by sillymunch
    Are you being serious here ?
  • edited September 2011
    yep, that was his first case xD
    hence the reason i called him a fish lol, cus most of the time i hear that its from someone who got lucky
    then he went on and called me a donkey