You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This is just so sick. 300bb pot.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ARCHIEJOE Big blind  £0.08 £0.08 £12.54
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

jibbed Fold     
NColley Raise  £0.24 £0.32 £14.40
Mr_Devoto Call  £0.24 £0.56 £8.25
squeak13 Fold     
ARCHIEJOE Call  £0.16 £0.72 £12.38
Flop

• J
  • J

ARCHIEJOE Bet  £0.72 £1.44 £11.66
NColley Raise  £2.34 £3.78 £12.06
Mr_Devoto Fold     
ARCHIEJOE All-in  £11.66 £15.44 £0.00
NColley All-in  £12.06 £27.50 £0.00
NColley Unmatched bet  £2.02 £25.48 £2.02
ARCHIEJOE Show
  • J

NColley Show
  • J
  • K

Turn

River

ARCHIEJOE Win Full House, Jacks and 3s £24.08  £24.08

Comments

• edited September 2011
    worst part is he ran 2 hands later after making a bluff vs me and then called me a donk.
  • edited September 2011
    WOW you get some horrow shows enit lol
  • edited September 2011
    mate I'm treading water at the moment because I'll make a buy in or two and then something like this happens to take away my profit.
  • edited September 2011
    That is bad luck but i don't see too much wrong with the pre flop play regardless of cards, yeah it was a bit donkish but 0.16 into a pot of 0.56, I probably would call hoping of catching a bit and getting you off the pot, he hit it and got lucky on the river.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: This is just so sick. 300bb pot.:
    That is bad luck but i don't see too much wrong with the pre flop play regardless of cards, yeah it was a bit donkish but 0.16 into a pot of 0.56, I probably would call hoping of catching a bit and getting you off the pot, he hit it and got lucky on the river.
    Posted by _Milhouse_
    I'm sorry but what?
    Calling 3x bb with j3 off suit pre flop out of position is bad, there is no saying 'oh its only 16p more' its just plain bad.
  • edited September 2011
    I would only make one criticism of your play, and that's of your raise on the flop. I would have taken a slight risk on the flush and straight draws, and just called his bet. You'd give him a chance to do off more chips if he's playing a bluff or a 9. With that said, it's not terrible to raise here, since he'll likely call a bet with a draw and you can get some value here and now.

There's no way he should be playing J3 here. His pot odds might be tempting if he had a decent drawing hand, like connecting cards or a low pair, but J3o has no drawing value at all. He wants to play it out of position to a raise and a call. That's awful. He mostly checks fold the flop and kisses goodbye to his 24p.

Ignore his "donk" taunt and seek him out in future. Across the course of your playing time, you'll very likely fleece this guy. ;)