You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 unreal bad beats in a row

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
ok so my hole cards are kk im in with small blind and big blind i raise 4 times bb b4 flop flop comes low 9 6 3 two spades i decide to check theres a smallish bet so i go all in and get called by two people on has a 10 7 of spades on a flush draw the other a pair of nines and the turn and river both come 7 7 i get beat with 9-7 he hits trips on the turn and river!shocking this was an 8k gaurenteed 22 to enter so how can he call on a flush draw its not low stakes here???unless he knows hes gna hit
next one literally 10 mins after 1.2 k gaurenteed the table is really slow with ppl taking ages to bet everyone complaing on chat including me, so one guy says to me alrite then next hand we both go all in i humered him and said ok not thinking i would but my cards come ak suited he goes all in and i have to call he turns over 2-3 off suit and wins the hand knocking me out!!and the weird thing is he says sorry before the cards are dealt like he know whats coming its fu**ed up and bad enough to make me stop playing this site i think.
after looking online this happens to a lot of ppl and every1 has the same complaint i hope ull look into this for other ppls sake its just not right the way some hands play like the ppl know theyre going to hit.rant over

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I haven't read the thread but looking at the title, get it in BBV
  • edited September 2011
    Hand 1
    You have 44% equity against 2 opponents with one on a flush draw + gutshot and the other with top pair (random kicker because you didn't specific his hand properly.
    In other words hand 1 is a standard beat.

Hand 2
    You agree to flip all in effectively 'blind', and now your complaining that you lost a 60/40 shot. Honestly..
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: 2 unreal bad beats in a row:
    Hand 1 You have 44% equity against 2 opponents with one on a flush draw + gutshot and the other with top pair (random kicker because you didn't specific his hand properly. In other words hand 1 is a standard beat. Hand 2 You agree to flip all in effectively 'blind', and now your complaining that you lost a 60/40 shot. Honestly..
    Posted by NColley
    This

Also you fully deserve the 2nd beat for agreeing to go all in blind when you had no intention of doing so
  • edited September 2011
    i wasnt going to go all in untill i saw ace king!and knew he was all in on anything!
  • edited September 2011
    I think you need to lookup what a bad beat is, they sure as hell arent 'unreal'
  • edited September 2011
    everyone gets bad beat. i went through an absolutely sick run the other day. 2 £40 quid pots, when the money went in one i was 96% favourite the 95%, as well as other sick beats not quite as bad. my question is not about each beat, but does anyone have any tips to avoid tilt, and letting these beats get in your head.
    playing 5p 10p blinds i must have lost £50 on bad beats in few hours plus the 60/70 i should have won if my hand held up.
    in the next hour i think i lost 25 from complete misplays because of tilt. i know when tilted i should leave the table, but any tips to avoid tilt in the first place.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: 2 unreal bad beats in a row:
    i wasnt going to go all in untill i saw ace king!and knew he was all in on anything!
    Posted by howesyboy
    yeah that's the point, you behaved poorly and so it was fitting that the 23o got there

agreeing to go all-in blind with someone and in reality only intending to do it if you find a good hand is really really bad form imo
  • edited September 2011
    ur only 3/5 in second so not a bad beat my friend
    and first hand i dont believe that is how it played unless it was first level or maybe 2nd meaning ur shoving 80bb or more on flop which isn't very good play
    tbh i would ask u to post both hands as i dont believe they played like this i bet u limped with the kings on the button.
    which tourney is 1.2k gtd on here ?