You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KK on QJ10 flop facing pot bet.

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Readless as per.
WUBS Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £2.05
x Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.45
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

icelady794 Fold        
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £10.65
UDirtyRAT Fold        
WUBS Call   £0.25 £0.70 £1.80
x Call   £0.20 £0.90 £10.25
Flop

• J
  • Q

WUBS Check        
x Bet   £0.90 £1.80 £9.35
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited September 2011

Defo raise here!  getting value from Qx and flush draws

make it 2.70 and stack off lol

exception if it is a giant nit donk betting, then i just flat i guess.  But your readless and we have a v nice hand

• edited September 2011
    i agree its a very nice hand to have, the fact that you have 2 kings in your hand reduces the chances that someone has AK although it can happen, if they havent got Ace king, then worst case scenario someone has 8 9, QJ, etc etc, either way i would imagine if they are calling then maybe they have Queen Ace, or Queen X
  • edited September 2011
    just out of interest (and sorry to hijack)- you only raised 3x pre. do they respect pre raises so much more at nl10 than nl4? At nl4 I'd be doing 7x or so first to act and even then I'm told it is too small! What about nl8?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: KK on QJ10 flop facing pot bet.:
    just out of interest (and sorry to hijack)- you only raised 3x pre. do they respect pre raises so much more at nl10 than nl4? At nl4 I'd be doing 7x or so first to act and even then I'm told it is too small! What about nl8?
    Posted by walesboy
    Yh 3x is my standard at NL10 and works quite well, NL8 I'd say my standard is 4x usually and of course NL4 can be anything over 5x.
  • edited September 2011

im more than happy to get my money in here.

backdoor flush and open ended with overpair, i raise to bout 2.70 and snap call to a shove, even if he got AK you aint dead.

AQ will insta call at this level anyway