You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Right on the Button!!!

edited October 2009 in The Shed

Just wanted to say huge congratulations to the Button Man!

I think that's the first time GB have had two different consecutive world champs and it's a great achievement!

So thanks and a massive well done Jenson, you've made us proud!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    +1.

Genuinely thought he was gonna blow it.

The other teams technology caught up so quickly!
  • edited October 2009
    It was the first race I've thoroughly enjoyed for a long time (watched them all since '93!)

Glad he won it in that style - he drove like a demon - rather than limping to the WDC via no-scores from RB or SV

Was really chuffed for Ross too.

• edited October 2009
    He never really had a decent car in the past, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

He has proved with the right equipment he can hold his own anywhere.

Unfortunately, I can't give him a hope of retaining unless Brawn have got some major tricks under their sleeve.
  • edited October 2009
    Get this everyone - its not the driver it is 100% the car. To be honest i used to love F1 but you may as well go down the bus terminal and watch them now its that boring, the only excitement is when the cars have stopped ( for fuel/ tyres) and looking at the dolly birds lol
  • edited October 2009
    +1 from me to.
    After the great start, he had to work hard to pick up points when his car was not as good as some of the other and the final race was a really agressive drive.
  • edited October 2009
    button is ok but hes not in the same class as hamilton
  • edited October 2009
    I was thinking about making some god-awful joke/pun/comment about the Button being pole position in both cars and poker, but then realised how bad it would be...
  • edited October 2009
    same here too!! congrats to jensen :)
  • edited October 2009
    Button to Mclaren in 2010. Now that would show how good he really is v. Hamilton.
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009

Get this everyone - its not the driver it is 100% the car. To be honest i used to love F1 but you may as well go down the bus terminal and watch them now its that boring, the only excitement is when the cars have stopped ( for fuel/ tyres) and looking at the dolly birds lol

Posted by loonytoons

Hi Loony, I'm happy to accept that the quality of the car has the major bearing on who wins, however let there be no doubt that F1 is much more open, exciting and unexpected now than it has been for a long, long time.

I don't know when you were a fan, but I can tell you that it was far more monotonous and boring in the Schumacher years in terms of knowing which teams and drivers would do well and the lack of competition from others.