You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sattelites into re-buy tournaments

I know there are sats running for re-buy tourneys, but would it not be a good idea to give 'tournament tickets' as prizes for these games ?
This would then allow players to play in as many sats as they like for the same tourney thus giving them a chance to win re-buys rather than having to pay for them. Players could then re-buy for the price of a sat rather than the full re-entry cost.
Tournament tickets could also be used for the same tourney but on another date giving people who are on shifts a chance to play the sats one week for buy ins to the tourney the following week.
The restrictions imposed could be
a) tickets can only be used for the tournament they were intended for
b) a set time limit, (posibly four weeks) in which these tickets must be used.
Thanks for reading this, any comments are appreciated.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    i suggested tourny tickets many months ago but also got no response, i can't see a problem with it as most players who sat. in to a tourny are very unlikely to rebuy at full cost.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to sattelites into re-buy tournaments:
    I know there are sats running for re-buy tourneys, but would it not be a good idea to give 'tournament tickets' as prizes for these games ? This would then allow players to play in as many sats as they like for the same tourney thus giving them a chance to win re-buys rather than having to pay for them. Players could then re-buy for the price of a sat rather than the full re-entry cost. Tournament tickets could also be used for the same tourney but on another date giving people who are on shifts a chance to play the sats one week for buy ins to the tourney the following week. The restrictions imposed could be a) tickets can only be used for the tournament they were intended for b) a set time limit, (posibly four weeks) in which these tickets must be used. Thanks for reading this, any comments are appreciated.
    Posted by Quietman
    Excellent idea Quietman and I for one feel v. dissapointed that as this site grows the less opportunities are being catered for shift workers.eg: when they run competitions to win free tokens to a competition, they tend to specify when you have to play......which is pretty damn awkward if you are a shift worker.
    Why they just can't give a token for use at a convenient time for the winner (where's the hardship or inconvenience) in that.......they make a note and you just contact them when you wish to use it.....or even better, why don't they just place the token under the 'My Account'... /> />..'Promotions'...tabs.  
    I really would like the suits and the TV presenters to have a look at this thread as you and I already have said, shift workers are being excluded from an increasing amount of tournaments which is a crying shame......ps: excellent idea and well written post......wd.    
  • edited September 2011
    +1 asked for this at the SPT Blackpool event
  • edited September 2011
    We're drifting away a bit from the OP, but +1 to billyboot's comments.

If you're a shift worker who is unable to play in the evening you are at the following disadvatages to those that can;

1. You cannot win the jackpot.
    2. You cannot satellite into an SPT live event as every single semi-final is played in the evening. If you cannot afford to buy-in direct you're effectively excluded.
    3. If you play MTTs you are at a huge disadvantage in the Poker League due to all the extra points awarded in the evening ME. I used to finish in the MTT top 150 and qualify for the League Stars Freeroll every month, now I never make the top 150.
    4. You have almost no chance of winning through to join Team Sky Poker for the same reason as above.
    5. MTT players get less cash-for-points for the same spend on buy-ins due to the extra poker points awarded for buying into evening MEs.
    6. There is little point entering forum/Facebook/Twitter/live show competitions as they all award seats into evening tournaments.
    7. You have no opportunity to win prizes awarded in events like the forum DTD competition.
    8. You cannot participate in the current Poker Premiership series which offers generous prizes and freerolls.

I appreciate that traffic is at its highest in the evening and that'll always be the time when the most stuff is going on. But it seems to me that non-evening players miss out on nearly everything. I'm very grateful for challenges like those set by IrishRover as you can participate at any time of day.
  • edited September 2011

another good idea tha wont get  implamented  (ANY ONE LISTINING SKY POKER HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sattelites into re-buy tournaments:
    We're drifting away a bit from the OP, but +1 to billyboot's comments. If you're a shift worker who is unable to play in the evening you are at the following disadvatages to those that can; 1. You cannot win the jackpot. 2. You cannot satellite into an SPT live event as every single semi-final is played in the evening. If you cannot afford to buy-in direct you're effectively excluded. 3. If you play MTTs you are at a huge disadvantage in the Poker League due to all the extra points awarded in the evening ME. I used to finish in the MTT top 150 and qualify for the League Stars Freeroll every month, now I never make the top 150. 4. You have almost no chance of winning through to join Team Sky Poker for the same reason as above. 5. MTT players get less cash-for-points for the same spend on buy-ins due to the extra poker points awarded for buying into evening MEs. 6. There is little point entering forum/Facebook/Twitter/live show competitions as they all award seats into evening tournaments. 7. You have no opportunity to win prizes awarded in events like the forum DTD competition. 8. You cannot participate in the current Poker Premiership series which offers generous prizes and freerolls. I appreciate that traffic is at its highest in the evening and that'll always be the time when the most stuff is going on. But it seems to me that non-evening players miss out on nearly everything. I'm very grateful for challenges like those set by IrishRover as you can participate at any time of day.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

.....Most eloquently put gary.....hope your efforts aren't in vain.......c'mon sky please listen to this and we welcome a reply ....it's not as if there is any extra cost......many thanks