You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

another correct fold of AA post flop? Attn Batkin88

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
After a donk lead and a min raise of my 3x reraise it just stunk of a set. It's possible he had an overpair but I really think  a check raise would've happened in which case I would've stuck the lot in. I've ignored my gut feelings before because I've got AA and not listened to the info presented to me and lost a wedge.
Any thoughts appreciated.
smoke58Small blind £0.05£0.05£9.73
Batkin88Big blind £0.10£0.15£13.85
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

MohicanRaise £0.30£0.45£11.00
fish4pairFold    
boknoyCall £0.30£0.75£7.55
Seizer Fold    
smoke58Call £0.25£1.00£9.48
Batkin88Fold    
Flop

smoke58Bet £0.50£1.50£8.98
MohicanRaise £1.70£3.20£9.30
boknoyFold    
smoke58Raise £3.40£6.60£5.58
MohicanFold    
smoke58Muck    
smoke58Win £4.07 £9.65
smoke58Return £2.20£0.33£11.85

Comments

• ybyb
    edited September 2011
    don't raise the donk lead if you're not happy getting it in imo
  • edited September 2011
    This is cash and i aint foldin here im shippin it and making a note either way , also dont like ure raise pre here im makin it 50-60p
  • edited September 2011
    When you raise his bet it's either for value or a bluff, of course your not bluffing with AA lol so it's for value and hence have to get it in when he reraises, for me I get it in and make a note.
  • edited September 2011
    This may be one of the occasions when i would lose a lot of money because that board is not scary in the slightest :S
    so if he really wanted to raise my raise i would re raise him all in, if he has hit his set then just have to congratulate him, but he may be reraising you over a flush draw, a set.

I wouldnt imagine a overpair because if he had QQ or KK he would be raising your raise pre flop due to the raise being only 3x

after the flop you raise half the pot, he may be calling your bluff or putting you on a draw, in both instances he would be wrong, i definately be getting this all in, and winning back my money later :) if i lost that is lol

wait just noticed after re reading it was him who did the min raise xD so maybe top card top kicker IMO all i will say is sometimes you have to pay for information, now you have no notes on him, i would still be going all in and winning my money back later if i lost, and yes i have seen people going all in on a flush draw, the chances of him hitting would be about 33%
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: another correct fold of AA post flop? Attn Batkin88:
    don't raise the donk lead if you're not happy getting it in imo
    Posted by yb

+1 shove any raise
  • edited September 2011
    you cant raise/fold AA there unless you know he only raises better and calls often with worse, so only raise if you are happy getting it in. If you are not happy getting it in flat (or fold lol)