You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct fold with AA nl4?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Readless, and without a heart, is this  correct fold?

Villain hadn't been sat at table for long and hadn't played many hands, and I thought the limp/call pre could have been suited cards or small pp. If it's a bluff then well played, I'll bide my time.

Couple of orbits later I might have played it differently because they were bluffing a lot of hands.

asr147 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £10.21
harding10 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.84
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

xxxxCall  £0.04 £0.10 £3.38
MRENT121 Fold     
gibbo1992 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.60
coetie28 Fold     
asr147 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £10.19
harding10 Raise  £0.28 £0.44 £6.56
xxxx Call  £0.28 £0.72 £3.10
gibbo1992 Fold     
asr147 Call  £0.28 £1.00 £9.91
Flop

asr147 Check     
harding10 Bet  £0.75 £1.75 £5.81
xxxxRaise  £1.50 £3.25 £1.60
asr147 Fold     
harding10 Fold     
xxxxMuck     
xxxxWin  £2.31  £3.91
xxxxReturn  £0.75 £0.19 £4.66

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Nope, at NL4 you have to shove here he could be on flush draw or just have A7 lol

If he has set/flush just make a note that he raises with big hands on flop.
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah you gotta shove here, especially with him not being particularly deep.
  • edited September 2011
    Shove flop as at this level over time vs randoms ure gonna profit
  • edited September 2011
    good raise pre.

im probably against the majority here saying i like the fold. But then what do i know.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with AA nl4?:
    good raise pre. im probably against the majority here saying i like the fold. But then what do i know.
    Posted by The_Don90
    You know that you're practically drawing dead to flopped flushes and sets which is what your opponent is trying to represent. They got it or it's a semi bluff which comes good fairly often. In my experience they usually got it  when it goes like this.
    But then what do i know ?
  • edited September 2011
    shove - make note, a fool only makes the same mistake twice )
    he probably got a big heart and big balls 

if he got set which is probably the most obvious raising hand here,  then hey ho here we go

A fold here is just super nitty, you can't keep folding these hands.
    There is still a range of 1 heart hands that he could be doing this with.

Imagine flop is 269 rainbow and you lead and a guy min raises, are you really folding.

• edited September 2011
    shove - make note, a fool only makes the same mistake twice ) he probably got a big heart and big balls  if he got set which is probably the most obvious raising hand here,  then hey ho here we go A fold here is just super nitty, you can't keep folding these hands. There is still a range of 1 heart hands that he could be doing this with. Imagine flop is 269 rainbow and you lead and a guy min raises, are you really folding.
    Posted by rancid
    True but those hands must shove right cos the turn blanx so often.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with AA nl4? : True but those hands must shove right cos the turn blanx so often.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    They should but that doesn't mean they will at NL4

He only left himself 1.50 behind or something :s So you would think he is not folding !!
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with AA nl4? : They should but that doesn't mean they will at NL4 He only left himself 1.50 behind or something :s So you would think he is not folding !!
    Posted by rancid
    this is exactly why i think a fold is positve here. the rainbow flop u mention i snap jam if they have  a set then nh. but this hand here is a killer, as black mass says we dont have a flush re-draw. id rather wait for a better spot. the raise size here tells me the opponent wants his chips in.
  • edited September 2011
    depends on villain, prob get it in at 4NL
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with AA nl4? : this is exactly why i think a fold is positve here. the rainbow flop u mention i snap jam if they have  a set then nh. but this hand here is a killer, as black mass says we dont have a flush re-draw. id rather wait for a better spot. the raise size here tells me the opponent wants his chips in.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yeah but alot of people at this level wants their chips in because they have TPTK (or worse) or when they've flopped 4 to a flush. If this situation played out 100 times at 4NL I'm pretty sure you'd be in profit.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with AA nl4? : this is exactly why i think a fold is positve here. the rainbow flop u mention i snap jam if they have  a set then nh. but this hand here is a killer, as black mass says we dont have a flush re-draw. id rather wait for a better spot. the raise size here tells me the opponent wants his chips in.
    Posted by The_Don90

w/o reads I am thinking he has left himself 1.50 behind either:

1. bluffing
    2. fish with 1 heart 
    3. fish with flopped flush or set

not really thinking anything else at NL4 w/o reads tbh
    i just can't give this player any credit, if your playing against anyone decent and you leave yourself behind that amount you know they will know your not folding so hey he is a fish )

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with AA nl4? : w/o reads I am thinking he has left himself 1.50 behind either: 1. bluffing 2. fish with 1 heart  3. fish with flopped flush or set not really thinking anything else at NL4 w/o reads tbh i just can't give this player any credit, if your playing against anyone decent and you leave yourself behind that amount you know they will know your not folding so hey he is a fish )
    Posted by rancid
    i agree with this logic however number 3 makes up a huge huge part of his range imo.

Also looking again

what do people think about pur vill having 99-KK with a heart?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with AA nl4? : i agree with this logic however number 3 makes up a huge huge part of his range imo. Also looking again what do people think about pur vill having 99-KK with a heart?
    Posted by The_Don90

A pr or non pr with a heart makes up a bigger percentage of his range, and frankly this is what you will be facing the majority of the time. 

• edited September 2011
    im not folding here at this level readless