You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Extracting Max Value

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
First Deepstack of the night of the DTD. £2.20 at 7.15

I would like opinions on how other people would play a hand like this?

Not seen much of x's showdown hands, hes played the hands strong he has been involved in.

Ill just post up in sections so you dont see the outcome of the hand.

Firstly is my raise pre big enough? And is my flop bet ok?

What should i do after he min-raises me? What range would you put him on?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceSlykllistSmall blind 20.0020.006071.25MRBURNS4Big blind 40.0060.004978.75 Your hole cards1010   xRaise 80.00140.005100.00HYPETINGRaise 215.00355.005775.00sweetyladyFold    Giant811Fold    SlykllistFold    MRBURNS4Fold    xCall 135.00490.004965.00Flop  310Q   xCheck    HYPETINGBet 335.00825.005440.00xRaise 670.001495.004295.00HYPETING

Comments

• edited September 2011
    ALL in lol

on a serious note if you really dont wanna scare him away, 3/4 of the pot is usually the bet if he has a card like AQ or even better 2 pair he wont fold for that

Q 10, Or A 10 maybe KK or the Nuts but if i was to guess it would have to be AQ
  • edited September 2011
    Lad. ;)

Tbh youve played this fine, you don't want to build a massive pot pre your re raise is fine. After he min raises deffo re raise. There arnt too many people who will bluff with a min raise it looks incredibly strong. So id pump it up to around 1.3k. hes struggling to fold this after his min raise so will most probably call then you half bet pot on turn and look to jam on river :) Hes played it like Q 10 or 33 :)
  • edited September 2011

Just callllll in position :D
  • edited September 2011
    LOL What DOHH said, make him think your worried about a card :)
  • edited September 2011
    Jus decided to flat in position ^

What next?

410820722Hand history isnt working for some reason! 

Turn is a 3 to give me the boat and he half pot bets it.

Call or raise?
  • edited September 2011
    Just flat again. Pot would then be 4k, and u have three thou left?
  • edited September 2011

I dont flat as he can have KJ, i'd re-raise 1200ish

as played i'd prob min raise turn he doesn't look like he's folding , reckon he can stack of with AQ here too depending whether reg or not

• edited September 2011
    there's always hands he can possibly have that can get there - but that doesn't mean you have to raise all the time

i think either option is ok
    most of the time readless i'd raise, but flatting is also fine

pre is fine - if i choose to raise i'd make it around 1.3K - let him think he has fe
  • edited September 2011
    I only flatted the flop minraise YG because i put him on a range of AQ/KQ/JQ possibly. Didnt think he would raise with an up and down.

Turn is just a dream card really, so i decided to flat again.

Is the flat call bad on the turn because he might decide to c/c my v-bet or he could just fold. Am i losing any value not trying to get money in on flop and build the pot and on the turn?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Extracting Max Value:
    I only flatted the flop minraise YG because i put him on a range of AQ/KQ/JQ possibly. Didnt think he would raise with an up and down. Turn is just a dream card really, so i decided to flat again. Is the flat call bad on the turn because he might decide to c/c my v-bet or he could just fold. Am i losing any value not trying to get money in on flop and build the pot and on the turn?
    Posted by HYPETING
    if you flat the flop raise you have to flat the turn imo
  • edited September 2011
    how much you raise on turn because stack sizes are awkward-ish. After his half pot bet on the turn of 900, his stack is around 3400 and i have around 4000 left.

If i raise im putting atleast half my stack in. Just and awkward size raise maybe?
  • edited September 2011

flat pre

I prob raise flop, flatting ok too

Flat turn after flatting flop, shove river

• ybyb
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Extracting Max Value:
    flat pre I prob raise flop, flatting ok too Flat turn after flatting flop, shove river
    Posted by grantorino
    disagree

i think 3b/fing is fine to a minraise utg given that people minraise/4bet rarely at lower limits and they don't really like folding to 3bets very much, especially this deep. also we have position on the raiser so playing for a bigger pot with the initiative /> playing for a smaller pot imo.

i would 3bet bigger given stack sizes though.
  • edited September 2011
    Pre and flop work perfect imo i would flat the raise when the board pairs on the turn raise his 1/2 pot bet to maybe 2000 he won't think the 3 has helped you much just looks like your more happy with 2 pair if he has tptk or a igher 2 pair than the 3s i can't see him folding then you can shove the river
  • edited September 2011
    Definetly alot of ways to play it! In my opinion i think i should of raised it slightly bigger pre, but i was very happy about the flop and turn i played it passively, but i can see where i would lose value. He bet called a shove on the river with KQ!