You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin

ACAACA
edited September 2011 in Area 51
ZZCopSmall blind 30.0030.001020.006tinman19Big blind 60.0090.003665.00 Your hole cardsJJ   ACARaise 180.00270.004100.00puttitinFold    PELSTAR235Fold    jonarCall 180.00450.005200.00ZZCopFold    6tinman19Fold    Flop  578   ACABet 180.00630.003920.00jonarRaise 990.001620.004210.00ACAAll-in 3920.005540.000.00jonarCall 3110.008650.001100.00ACAShowJJ   jonarShow47   Turn  K   River  6   jonarWinStraight to the 88650.00 9750.00

Comments

• ACAACA
    edited September 2011
    I will pre-emp the usual "I'd love to play this type of player every day of the week crew", 
    the problem is I have been playing this type for nearly 4 yrs on this site and still cant beat them,this hand for me is a classic example of my average MTT exit, If anyone can give me advice on how to beat this I would be delighted for your input, variance, surely variance should level after 4yrs
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin:
    I will pre-emp the usual "I'd love to play this type of player every day of the week crew",  the problem is I have been playing this type for nearly 4 yrs on this site and still cant beat them,this hand for me is a classic example of my average MTT exit, If anyone can give me advice on how to beat this I would be delighted for your input, variance, surely variance should level after 4yrs
    Posted by ACA
    i personally like to steam in with jj, 10.10 99 s cos i dont want to see a flop especially with jacks .if u had raised all in or a bigger raise do u think he wud have called  with 47 ???????
  • edited September 2011

"The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad"
    Loooooony Bin.
  • edited September 2011
    I take offence , good players can play just as bad and win ;))
  • ACAACA
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin:
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin : i personally like to steam in with jj, 10.10 99 s cos i dont want to see a flop especially with jacks .if u had raised all in or a bigger raise do u think he wud have called  with 47 ???????
    Posted by kb245
    tbh kb, the way the guy was playing he was calling virtually any raise other than an allin and with JJ and the blinds 30/60 I wasn't shuvin pre with 70 bb's.
  • ACAACA
    edited September 2011
    "The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad" Loooooony Bin.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you seem to have missed out the salient word "winnin" in my quote and clearly the cryptic nature of the title, never mind at least I got you to bite  "again"

as for your well constructed, balanced and intellectual response I thank you, although tbh I find it a very interesting quote from sky's answer to Howard Hughes, no doubt once you've discovered your front door has a handle you'll be in touch soon.

Always a pleasure
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin : tbh kb, the way the guy was playing he was calling virtually any raise other than an allin and with JJ and the blinds 30/60 I wasn't shuvin pre with 70 bb's.
    Posted by ACA
    i see and iknow wot u mean .but once hed caught his pair with his straight draw  the end was nigh.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin : you seem to have missed out the salient word "winnin" in my quote and clearly the cryptic nature of the title, never mind at least I got you to bite  "again" as for your well constructed, balanced and intellectual response I thank you, although tbh I find it a very interesting quote from sky's answer to Howard Hughes, no doubt once you've discovered your front door has a handle you'll be in touch soon. Always a pleasure
    Posted by ACA
    lol.
  • edited September 2011

I will pre-emp the usual "I'd love to play this type of player every day of the week crew",  the problem is I have been playing this type for nearly 4 yrs on this site and still cant beat them,this hand for me is a classic example of my average MTT exit, If anyone can give me advice on how to beat this I would be delighted for your input, variance, surely variance should level after 4yrs
    Posted by ACA

i'm in this category but unfortunatly they do hit sometimes.....no one can advise you how to beat it.....you played the hand perfectly i love jamming on the flop with an overpair and the villian calls thinking he is ahead...i just dont like it when he hits!.

you may think you have been getting beat up for four years but you will of been beating these rubbish calls its just that when someone knocks you out with a bad call it hurts more and you remember it more.

i kept a chart for a couple of months in my early days because "my aces always got beat"

I kept note of all top hands from 10/10 upwards and after a few weeks it was obvious they where holding up the % that they should
    (apart from the times i refused to let aa v flush go etc).

gl,dave

ps you shouldnt leave a players name in if you are criticising him
    (he may not know that he is bad,and we like that :)

• edited September 2011

I totally agree with you these types of players usually call  to see a flop, seeing that he hit second pair and a gutshot draw, he wouldnt consider or calculate his outs,  he could actually think he was ahead, if he put you on A K A Q. there will always be bad players playing badly.
    what to do about it ??? i try to stay away from them if i can,however in your case, there was no way that you could do anything other than shove, and when he made his one out ??  he probably jumped around shouting yes yes. It sickens me when it happens,i jump around saying no  no.

I dont think that there is anyone who can tell you anything that you dont already know,i recommend kicking the cat, slamming doors,shouting abuse at your laptop, then get back to the next hand
  • ACAACA
    edited September 2011
    fair points well made guys, 

going back to your point dave re % of big hands holding up

I haven't had time to chart this but I'm sure my stats would be similar to your own, the problem for me is, unlike cash, these hands are not stand alone and are only 1 of a number of hands as part of a MTT. 

In my case even the 1 or 2 examples from  4 or 5 seems to crush my stack making it more and more difficult to navigate through an average MTT

I have no doubt my style of play can attract said type of player to play hu v me, but perhaps since I've played here this type of player runs better v me than they do v other more successful players on the site.

Just a thought.
  • edited September 2011
    fair points well made guys,  going back to your point dave re % of big hands holding up   I haven't had time to chart this but I'm sure my stats would be similar to your own, the problem for me is, unlike cash, these hands are not stand alone and are only 1 of a number of hands as part of a MTT.  In my case even the 1 or 2 examples from  4 or 5 seems to crush my stack making it more and more difficult to navigate through an average MTT I have no doubt my style of play can attract said type of player to play hu v me, but perhaps since I've played here this type of player runs better v me than they do v other more successful players on the site. Just a thought.
    Posted by ACA
    thats the nature of the beast....lose a big hand in cash and you can reload in mtt's they take you out or crush you.

but one day(and it will come) everytime you are ahead it will hold and afew you are behind you will bink.then you will win the big money.......easy aint it!
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin : thats the nature of the beast....lose a big hand in cash and you can reload in mtt's they take you out or crush you. but one day(and it will come) everytime you are ahead it will hold and afew you are behind you will bink.then you will win the big money.......easy aint it!
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    pls let this day come soon for me, i am getting sick of it now
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin : i'm in this category but unfortunatly they do hit sometimes.....no one can advise you how to beat it.....you played the hand perfectly i love jamming on the flop with an overpair and the villian calls thinking he is ahead...i just dont like it when he hits!. you may think you have been getting beat up for four years but you will of been beating these rubbish calls its just that when someone knocks you out with a bad call it hurts more and you remember it more. i kept a chart for a couple of months in my early days because "my aces always got beat" I kept note of all top hands from 10/10 upwards and after a few weeks it was obvious they where holding up the % that they should (apart from the times i refused to let aa v flush go etc). gl,dave ps you shouldnt leave a players name in if you are criticising him (he may not know that he is bad,and we like that :)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Lol - Why arent the usual suspects claiming this means nothing because of variance. Nothing like some double standards eh
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin : Lol - Why arent the usual suspects claiming this means nothing because of variance. Nothing like some double standards eh
    Posted by baggs
    I agree the sample size is very tiny
  • edited September 2011
    yea the bane of my poker life and usualy the ones who exit me through stupidity and lack of percentages or anything else for that matter.

The way i try and combat them these days is locate this type of player who always shows them self up very early on in the game, as you prob know you can spot them from a mile away. Then dont bet heavy cos you know they will call with just about anything and generaly all the way to the river so bet light, that way your not getting commited to the pot with him. Be prepared to lay a good hand down and get him next time because you will have a spot where you have him by the balls and because he calls constantly with say bottom pair hoping to hit 2 pair or some other stuip outs you can take his entire stack. It is frustrating and you cant beat just pure luck. But when you know he cant beat your hand you've got him by the balls you can take him out with a smile and the satisfaction you outplayed him. Its going to happen still quite often but you can stop the i bet the pot he keeps calling and sucks out senario to a minimum.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The problem with this site is not the beats or the river's it's bad players playin bad and winnin : Lol - Why arent the usual suspects claiming this means nothing because of variance. Nothing like some double standards eh
    Posted by baggs
    i dont think it is a small sample.......6 hours + a night aleast 2 tables for 2 months must be a fair few hands?
  • edited September 2011
    You said you stopped after a few weeks not two months?? Cant have it boith ways. If people are using variance  to explain away peoples worries you cant collect a few weeks data and say it proves something
  • edited September 2011
    yea the bane of my poker life and usualy the ones who exit me through stupidity and lack of percentages or anything else for that matter. The way i try and combat them these days is locate this type of player who always shows them self up very early on in the game, as you prob know you can spot them from a mile away. Then dont bet heavy cos you know they will call with just about anything and generaly all the way to the river so bet light, that way your not getting commited to the pot with him. Be prepared to lay a good hand down and get him next time because you will have a spot where you have him by the balls and because he calls constantly with say bottom pair hoping to hit 2 pair or some other stuip outs you can take his entire stack. It is frustrating and you cant beat just pure luck. But when you know he cant beat your hand you've got him by the balls you can take him out with a smile and the satisfaction you outplayed him. Its going to happen still quite often but you can stop the i bet the pot he keeps calling and sucks out senario to a minimum.
    Posted by Dazler
    I usually do the opposite.

why bet light? he may fold to a bigger bet and if you are in front why make it cheap for him to see the next card/s and suck out on you.

pot control is good but not if i think i have the best hand and he is calling down on a bottom pair or draw of some kind.

The only problem is i will get all of his chips or he will get all of mine
    dunno if that is a good or bad thing :)