You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to play AK out of early position? 6 handed

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys, if I am dealt AK in early position I will raise 3xbb often and understandably the other players will fold and this style of play leads to little action. The same raise in middle or late position often leads the limpers to fold and there and usually leads to more action and more chance of increasing my stack. 

Therefore how does your play vary with hands such as AA KK AK AQ in early vs. late position?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Hi gibAA
    I am new to this forum, but it looks to me you must be playing a tight game and getting to much respect from the other players. If you open your range up they will be more chance of action.
    any raise from early position from a tight player indicates a big hand,with aa kk change what you do raise then limp reraise , I normally do the opposite next hand if I have shown my hand.but remember if they are multi limpers after u have limped with aa kk, they will be a good chance you have the 2nd best hand. after the flop.
    It also depends on how many bb you have and is the pot worth taking down straight a way, are you short stacked and looks like a steel.what are you trying to tell the other players with your bet.
    this is just a small part of what you have to think and thisis just my way.

mark