You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Couple of hands later, was this played badly or again unlucky?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedevonfish5Small blind £0.02£0.02£5.79shazbagBig blind £0.04£0.06£2.00 Your hole cardsKK   sillymunchRaise £0.16£0.22£1.32tally8Fold    coco3461Fold    pokerdad23Raise £0.52£0.74£7.32devonfish5Fold    shazbagFold    sillymunchAll-in £1.32£2.06£0.00pokerdad23Call £0.96£3.02£6.36sillymunchShowKK   pokerdad23ShowKA   Flop  9JA   Turn  2   River  6   pokerdad23WinPair of Aces£2.79 £9.15

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Raise much more pre, at least 24p. But it's all going in anyway with your stack anyway.

Don't sit at a table short stacked, if you take a hit and you're down to £2, top up. You'll be glad of it when you get AA and get £4 out of it instead of £2
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Couple of hands later, was this played badly or again unlucky?:
    Raise much more pre, at least 24p. But it's all going in anyway with your stack anyway. Don't sit at a table short stacked, if you take a hit and you're down to £2, top up. You'll be glad of it when you get AA and get £4 out of it instead of £2
    Posted by Lambert180
    I should really learn to do that, but this was like 1 or 2 hands after that other hit i took, i was planning on leaving the table cus i was trying to do 3 tables and i couldnt concentrate on em all, so i was about to leave the table when i got KK, then i lost that aswell and i thought to myself im taking a break cus im gonna go on tilt if this keeps up, as for the raise size, i always do the same raise size that way its impossible for them to know what kind of hand i have, always raise the same pre flop, always raise the same amount after the flop, same again on turn, its predertmined so that people cant know how strong my hand is until they have called, or even better raised me
  • edited September 2011
    Read This: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-school/beat-small-stakes-cash-games-1?tracking=pokersleftnav

It's Dohhh's guide to small stakes cash and you'll find it very useful. Trust me, you can change your raise sizes at this level and no-one will even blink an eye. Most premium hands that you're going to play (AK,AQ,AJ) raise to 20-24p + 4p per limper + 4p if you're UTG. If you get QQ/KK/AA just put a massive raise in, I'd say minimum of 36p.

People at this level just look at their own cards, so if they've got Q10 and wanna call, they'll call a 40p bet just the same as they will a 24p bet and it won't even enter their mind that it's not your normal raise size. Honestly.
  • edited September 2011
    yeah i did read that guide :) loved reading that guide, except the ammount of people that do fold to the larger raises was really annoying me lol, its as if they could see it wasnt my normal raise xP 
  • edited September 2011
    would you post the hand if your KK holds ;) didnt think so zzzzzzz
  • edited September 2011
    LOL only posted this hand cus it was a couple of hands after losing to the same guy a few hands back xD
  • edited September 2011
    no i was being honest wasnt trying to be funny, you would never post this if you lose

such a standard hand AK v KK pre