You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK 3bet then 4bet by REG

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Seizer Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £6.69
Dudeskin8 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

Robbo67 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £8.52
FinalFlush Fold        
x Raise   £0.30 £0.55 £10.66
Seizer Fold        
Dudeskin8 Raise   £1.00 £1.55 £8.90
Robbo67 Fold        
x Raise   £3.20 £4.75 £7.46
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited September 2011
    snapshove

Cant see how you could 3b/f AK btn v blind without some really specific read, even if his sizing is bad
  • edited September 2011
    This is the most standard hand i've ever seen
  • edited September 2011
    i wouldnt ever fold AK pf @nl10p
  • edited September 2011
    Depends if you have reads on player regardless of level if you know how they play you can make a fold here. I don't like shove with AK on any cash table as its not a made hand.
    Your never ahead here against a good player at best your against QQ in my opinion but easily could be KK AA or AK its never going to be AQ AJ TT 99 88 maybe JJ so you know you have to hit to win. Taking all this into account and you saying he is a reg so im guessing decent player i fold
  • edited September 2011
    Yep agree with batkin who sums up the situation perfect
  • edited September 2011
    All in, can you not define regs?? seriously we get alot saying v reg or no reads would help if you had any

if readless then ez shove
  • edited September 2011

It's a shove definitely, (particularly given it's Btn vs BB) unless their 4b range is ultra tight..... but it's probably a bit of a sigh knowing that you are getting called almost always, and you are not dominating v.often. 

Much better if their is some dynamic, such as you've 3b them a couple of times already etc...

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: AK 3bet then 4bet by REG:
    Depends if you have reads on player regardless of level if you know how they play you can make a fold here. I don't like shove with AK on any cash table as its not a made hand. Your never ahead here against a good player at best your against QQ in my opinion but easily could be KK AA or AK its never going to be AQ AJ TT 99 88 maybe JJ so you know you have to hit to win. Taking all this into account and you saying he is a reg so im guessing decent player i fold
    Posted by Batkin88

Firstly, if he is a decent player, he is more likely to have a light 4b in his range.

Agree we aren't in great shape often, but the fact we are only 100BB's deep, and there is effectively 20BB's in the middle that I'm leaving behind if I fold, means that the shove is probably marginally profitable, even if he never 4b bluffs.
    If he 4b bluffs sometimes it makes it more profitable.

It also adds balance to the times we shove AA/KK  in these spots and want calls from QQ/JJ/AK etc...

• edited September 2011
    do many 4b light at nl 10??????
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: AK 3bet then 4bet by REG:
    do many 4b light at nl 10??????
    Posted by pod1
    NO
  • edited September 2011
    Just as a side note , you have posted quite a few AK situations in the past few days dudeskin so have you worked out how much youve made/lost in these hands , just interested