You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

[Omaha] Shove or fold?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This is the second or third hand in a 6-handed MTT. I don't have specific reads, but based on having played many of these I know that my shove will be called every time.
Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
Joyce406 Small blind   10.00 10.00 1970.00
kiansrh113 Big blind   20.00 30.00 1760.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • J
  • K

waltjabs05 Fold        
Giant811 Call   20.00 50.00 1960.00
county Raise   60.00 110.00 2260.00
tiggertoo Call   60.00 170.00 1900.00
Joyce406 Call   50.00 220.00 1920.00
kiansrh113 Call   40.00 260.00 1720.00
Giant811 Call   40.00 300.00 1920.00
Flop

• Q

Joyce406 Check        
kiansrh113 Check        
Giant811 Bet   225.00 525.00 1695.00
county Fold        
tiggertoo Fold        
Joyce406 Raise   975.00 1500.00 945.00

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to [Omaha] Shove or fold?:
    This is the second or third hand in a 6-handed MTT. I don't have specific reads, but based on having played many of these I know that my shove will be called every time. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Joyce406 Small blind   10.00 10.00 1970.00 kiansrh113 Big blind   20.00 30.00 1760.00   Your hole cards K J K 2       waltjabs05 Fold         Giant811 Call   20.00 50.00 1960.00 county Raise   60.00 110.00 2260.00 tiggertoo Call   60.00 170.00 1900.00 Joyce406 Call   50.00 220.00 1920.00 kiansrh113 Call   40.00 260.00 1720.00 Giant811 Call   40.00 300.00 1920.00 Flop     Q 10 4       Joyce406 Check         kiansrh113 Check         Giant811 Bet   225.00 525.00 1695.00 county Fold         tiggertoo Fold         Joyce406 Raise   975.00 1500.00 945.00
    Posted by Giant811

SHOVE - against 99 % of opponents... should be so live... coolers happen if flush draw dead... nice hand post :)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Shove or fold?:
    In Response to [Omaha] Shove or fold? : SHOVE - against 99 % of opponents... should be so live... coolers happen if flush draw dead... nice hand post :)
    Posted by _keenberg

stack sizes decent to shove - Joyce maybe gd enough to fold bottom set etc... SHOVE 99.99 %

• edited September 2011
    RE-bump for Giant - ps need some help/tips posting if uv got a few minutes spare this evening saaaafe, Keenberg
  • edited September 2011
    I'd shove open ender + fd, pretty huge
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah, get this in, your pretty huge. The only hand you really dont want to see is AAxx with spades but, thats a mega cooler.

YoungGun, never forget the fact you have an overpair to draw to an overset vs bare QQxx and TTxx... makes a pretty big difference in the long run

• edited September 2011
    Thanks for all your feedback. I shoved and lost when a flopped set filled (KdThTc8c) up on the turn. When I put the hand into an odds calculator I only had 42% equity, so I wasn't sure if this is a spot where I will be behind against most of the range that would call a shove this early.
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah, get this in, your pretty huge. The only hand you really dont want to see is AAxx with spades but, thats a mega cooler. YoungGun, never forget the fact you have an overpair to draw to an overset vs bare QQxx and TTxx... makes a pretty big difference in the long run
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    CoxyLBoro just checked u out on the leaderboard (& sharkscope obv) - u are the MAN !!! AA burnin hot redpro WOW

ps ever been/come from LBoro (Loughborough - my home town !??
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Shove or fold? : CoxyLBoro just checked u out on the leaderboard (& sharkscope obv) - u are the MAN !!! AA burnin hot redpro WOW ps ever been/come from LBoro (Loughborough - my home town !??
    Posted by _keenberg
    Studied there (miserably) for 5 years. If you ever went to Rileys the snooker club, you will have met me. I was the one with the big ears.
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks for all your feedback. I shoved and lost when a flopped set filled (KdThTc8c) up on the turn. When I put the hand into an odds calculator I only had 42% equity, so I wasn't sure if this is a spot where I will be behind against most of the range that would call a shove this early.
    Posted by Giant811
    Your calculation of equity is fairly accruate (I got 43%), but you are been results orientated. Villain has a king, which is not good for us, and villains range includes more than just middle set. I did a quick odds calculation with all combos of QTxx and your a good favourite, more so if they have QT combos which do not hold spades or straight blockers. With some dead money in the pot, this is fine to get in and look to accumulate chips early on in and omaha tournament (which is a huge advantage, much moreso than in holdem)

ks2sjdkd 58.51%
    qt**41.49%

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Shove or fold? : Studied there (miserably) for 5 years. If you ever went to Rileys the snooker club, you will have met me. I was the one with the big ears.
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    LOL Coxy - i was the accountant with the big mouth - got banned from the card room eventually - used to crush The Crown n Cushion till daybreak round the corner (and i mean CRUSH ;) !!!

i see know i am not the best poker playa from LBoro - not nearly !!! Massiv kudos for the stats & clear redproness skills. i heard there was a LBoro student who final-tabled for an Aussie Millions Seat in a freeroll - was this you !??? MAX respect - i only really play Omaha now - got quite a rep on Fulltilt runnin private tournies trashtalkin & soul-reading via railbirds.com - my name is Martin Keenan on Facebook be cool to hook up on there im friends with some other jedi death-gods (my canadian railbirds buddy Brent Crawley took down a MFTOPS... we chat live hand histories on there - respek, keenberg
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Shove or fold? : LOL Coxy - i was the accountant with the big mouth - got banned from the card room eventually - used to crush The Crown n Cushion till daybreak round the corner (and i mean CRUSH ;) !!! i see know i am not the best poker playa from LBoro - not nearly !!! Massiv kudos for the stats & clear redproness skills. i heard there was a LBoro student who final-tabled for an Aussie Millions Seat in a freeroll - was this you !??? MAX respect - i only really play Omaha now - got quite a rep on Fulltilt runnin private tournies trashtalkin & soul-reading via railbirds.com - my name is Martin Keenan on Facebook be cool to hook up on there im friends with some other jedi death-gods (my canadian railbirds buddy Brent Crawley took down a MFTOPS... we chat live hand histories on there - respek, keenberg
    Posted by _keenberg
    YOU TOO GIANT - u my best buddy on Skypoker by far so far (always a good winner & loser & chat poker sense + lol's ;)
    Martin Keenan is the name - keenberg to my opponents - some of my Fulltilt screenshots on there, some kinda cool i think :)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Shove or fold? : YOU TOO GIANT - u my best buddy on Skypoker by far so far (always a good winner & loser & chat poker sense + lol's ;) Martin Keenan is the name - keenberg to my opponents - some of my Fulltilt screenshots on there, some kinda cool i think :)
    Posted by _keenberg
    Cheers! Too many MKs on fb, not sure which one is you. Isent you a pm with my fb link.