You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

22$ full ring tournament

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
table been v.solid - only in third level (25/50)

UTG +1 min raises to 100  4/4
hero calls in middle position (7s7d) 12/8
CO calls 8/6
BB calls 0/0

flop - 9sAd7c (pot 425)

UTG+1 bets 100
hero makes it 290
CO calls 290
BB raises to 499
UTG+1 calls (pot 2003)

all around starting stacks (3000) 
action was on me and I reluctantly shipped it - I say reluctantly because I was convined UTG+1 had AA the way he played it! 

was called by 99 and AA - obv a cooler, but could I have played it another way and got away? I did dwell for quite a long time before shoving, I couldn't put UTG+1 on any other hand, but then again I couldn't bring myself to fold!

Comments

• edited September 2011
    wow those stats look vnitty even for fr

raise flop bigger if you are going to raise. I think you prob have to when he leads so small. I think you prob should fold this, but I doubt anyone ever does with this kind of limited info .

BTW which guy folded?
  • edited September 2011
    serious cooler ul. wp. raise bigger as mentioned.
  • edited September 2011
    No doubt I'm being ignorant here but are the 'stats' mentioned by grantorino the numbers after each action pre-flop? And if so, what do they relate to/mean?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: 22$ full ring tournament:
    wow those stats look vnitty even for fr raise flop bigger if you are going to raise. I think you prob have to when he leads so small. I think you prob should fold this, but I doubt anyone ever does with this kind of limited info . BTW which guy folded?
    Posted by grantorino
    CO folded AQ he said - BB had 99 and UTG AA - the guy w/ 99 hit quads! #mbn
  • edited September 2011
    just quickly, how much would you raise to? was rainbow flop and i really didn't want to raise but his lead was so small i felt i had too - so i didn't wanna make it too big, i wanted the other players to stay in aswell but at the same time i wanted to inflate the pot
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: 22$ full ring tournament:
    No doubt I'm being ignorant here but are the 'stats' mentioned by grantorino the numbers after each action pre-flop? And if so, what do they relate to/mean?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah, first number is 'voluntarily put me into pot' (VPIP) - basically how many times player choose to raise/call pre flop

2nd number is pre-flop raise (PFR)  -  helps determine how passive/aggressive they are pre flop

this was like second level - thats why stats are so low, nothing really happened