You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Irish must be all Millionaires!

edited September 2011 in The Shed
Having just spent a long weekend 14 miles from Dublin playing golf, i've come to the conclusion - All the Irish must be loaded! Unless irishrover could shed some light on this matter lol?
Im from Northern ireland, although im actually English, i have just lived here for the past 20 years. My local golf society decided to have our ''weekend away'' in a place called carton house, just the other side of Dublin. It has two championship courses and offers great rooms good golf etc, this i couldn't fault. But the prices are something to be hold! The euro atm is virtually pound for pound so to speak when you exchange it, and i can honestly say that we had a great time, the people were fantastic, but we would not go there again! the local bars charge 5.20 for a pint, the local chippy was 16.50 euro for a fish and chip, or 14 euro for a burger and chip, a polo neck t-shirt from the golf shop was 99 euros, a golf buggy hire was 50 euros, in fact everything seemed to be double or treble our prices! Even a 3 mile taxi ride was 16 euros. My mates have told me this is similar to Portugal at the moment. no wonder the stag and hen party's are going to prague now lol, i dont see why they dont charge reasonable rates so tourists would again flock there! End of moan lol!

Comments

• edited September 2011
    It's because they capture leprechauns, don't you watch The Simpsons?
  • edited September 2011

at least they only charge money, i went to join the local golf course and they said i couldnt join because i was circumsised, i didnt realise that you had to be a complete one to play golf

i also wonder about the ( dress code ) why do you have to wear a dress ?? it maybe ok  for the ladies and i suppose some men ??

so if being a complete one  and wearing a dress is  what you need to join a golf club,no wonder tiger went loopy

• edited September 2011

a true tale about golf.
     when i was in the  U.A.E i was invited to play a round of golf by the  local police chief.
     It would be the a match between  the U.K. servicemen and abu dhabi. police.
     out there they dont have greens, they have browns. they pour diesel onto the sand and roll it.
     so you cant just stick your tee in the ground, you use a metal plate and place your ball on that.
    At this point i must tell you i had never even held a golf club never mind played the game.
    So i asked our team leader how do i start?? he gave me a 5 iron and said just hit it down towards the flag,
    OK  thats easy,  my first swing hit the metal plate,and bent the head of the club. chaos ensued,people were rolling on the ground,and the guy that had hired the clubs was busy looking at insurance.But im no quiter, i got hold of another club, and yes i broke that one as well,at which point no one could stand,they were all in fits, so the golf for me was called off,no problems there,i went back to the hotel and done what i do best

DRINK  DRINK AND MORE  DRINK