You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Could i of possibly extracted more from this guy? what do you think he had?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesillymunchSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.62mudrinho18Big blind £0.04£0.06£2.09 Your hole cardsQQ   boozahFold    jugglegeekRaise £0.12£0.18£3.76FishFeastFold    sillymunchCall £0.10£0.28£4.52mudrinho18Fold    Flop  105Q   sillymunchCheck    jugglegeekBet £0.14£0.42£3.62sillymunchCall £0.14£0.56£4.38Turn  6   sillymunchCheck    jugglegeekBet £0.42£0.98£3.20sillymunchRaise £1.47£2.45£2.91jugglegeekFold    sillymunchMuck    sillymunchWin £1.29 £4.20sillymunchReturn £1.05£0.11£5.25

Comments

• edited September 2011
    and yes i know your all gonna say that i should be raising not slow playing my set xD however i had a note on this player
  • edited September 2011
    Re-raise BIG pre, I'd say at least 36p. That then allows you to lead out for 3/4 pot on the flop. Then I'd probably go 3/4 pot again unless my earlier suggestions mean a shove is the only option with remaining stacks.

You've played it super passive by flatting OOP on the flop, then check/calling the flop, then going wild on the turn. I'd argue you've made your hand look VERY strong rather than weak.
  • edited September 2011
    my thinking was, with something like QQ its one of those cards you dont want to see over cards so i didnt want to over inflate the pot pre flop, which is probably what would of happened, then when i hit my set i saw my note on the player which said as long as he hit the flop he would bet, so i gave him a chance to hit something, then when the turn came, and he raised even bigger i figured he must have something and so i raised 3/4 of the pot, which he had raised himself, and then he folded, so do you think he was just bluffing at the pot, or did he have something?
  • edited September 2011
    im thinking he had K 10 / A 10
  • edited September 2011
    You have to inflate the pot pre flop with hands like QQ at this level, and frankly you should be happy to get it in pre against most opponents if possible so definitely a big re-raise. What happens when you're up against AK/AQ/AJ and the flop comes 249 rainbow, you're probably not gonna get another penny off them. I'd say it's a delayed c-bet because you showed weakness by limping pre and then checking the flop.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm not usually flatting pre, if you have a good reason it might be ok, but in general 3bet for value

Much prefer raising flop than turn
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Could i of possibly extracted more from this guy? what do you think he had?:
    You have to inflate the pot pre flop with hands like QQ at this level, and frankly you should be happy to get it in pre against most opponents if possible so definitely a big re-raise. What happens when you're up against AK/AQ/AJ and the flop comes 249 rainbow, you're probably not gonna get another penny off them. I'd say it's a delayed c-bet because you showed weakness by limping pre and then checking the flop.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Its not a delayed cbet its a double barrell, which prob is strong on a blank at 4NL. Also hero checking flop does not show weakness. Pre, 3betting makes a lot of hands fold which will prob cbet flops, if villain is a reg which I think he is. I'm 3betting here all day oop, but calling may have some advantages
  • edited September 2011
    Sorry, must have forgot about the flop bet when I was writing my reply. Yeah in that case, double-barrelling at 4NL is strong.
  • edited September 2011
    he might be a reg, that may be why i had a note on him already, and he played the hand as i expected him to, i just figured if he had hit the flop, then he would be calling my 2/3rd pot raise, but if he is a regular then i dont think i would of gotten any more out of him, if i had just called he may have put me on the draw, and then when i dont get the draw he may think i am bluffing if i raise, therefore i could get paid, but the other side is also true, that he may have been on the draw and he wasnt gonna pay the huge price i put on to find out?