You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RUGBY WORLD CUP

edited September 2011 in Betting Chat
I LOVE WATCHING RUGBY UNION BUT DONT KNOW MUCH OUTSIDE THE HOME NATIONS THINKING OF HAVING A GO ON THE TOTAL POINTS SPREAD WHICH IS 2400-2430 WHICH MEANS FOR THOOSE OF YOU WHO DONT DO THE SPREADS MEANS I HAVE TO BUY(LESS THAN THE LOWER) OR SELL (MORE THAN THE HIGHER) WHICH MEANS THAT THE BET IS BASICALLY WILL THERE BE AN AVERAGE OF 50 POINTS PER GAME OR NOT.
THERE ARE USUALLY GAMES IN THE GROUPS WHERE THE TOP TEAMS PUT 60/70 POINT ON ONE OF THE MINNOWS.
BUT WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF THE FACTORS THAT WILL INFLUNCE THIS .IE AS THE TOURNIMENT IS IN NEW ZEALAND WILL IT BE GENERALLY MORE OPEN SO MORE POINTS OR HAVE THE MINNOWS IMPROVED TO MAKE THE  LIKLEYNESS OF BIG TOTALS LESS LIKELY.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I think it's highly likely to average more than 50 points a game in the tourney; and if New Zealand and Australia give a few early Heavy point defeats to minnow teams the market spread will change and you could be well ahead of the new spread and hedge your trade. The other day in the tri-nations between Australia & New Zealand in the final match they had a match spread of over 50 pts.
  • edited September 2011
    Anyone got any idea on the odds of, England, Ireland, Scotland and wales all making it out off the group stage?
    I think England is 14/1 to win, what peeps think? good price?
  • edited September 2011
    A mate of mine who is a pro gambler always bets the underdog with a +points start at the start of any world cup and so far its been every game correct.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP:
    A mate of mine who is a pro gambler always bets the underdog with a +points start at the start of any world cup and so far its been every game correct.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Agree they gave argentina an 18 point start for even money against england
  • edited September 2011

ENGLAND HANDICAP[ 38PTS

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP:
    Posted by Any2Suited
    think it was 11/12 up to yesterday Happy days for ur mate!!
  • edited September 2011

Still all going well on the handicaps i've dabbled in a few and was all in for ireland fortunatly. My mate did a few doubles and trebles on the rugby for good money but another ex-bookie/trader/gambler mate did a £100 acca on the early handicap results for a £25000 pay off. Nice if/when a plan comes together!