You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reasonable or unreasonable call

down to 25 BB have already got ~ 4BB in as a raise to an initial limper,and am facing an all in behind. Calling is another 12 BB, fold or call? Also is my initial raise from SB OK or spewy?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
luvBWFC Small blind   200.00 200.00 10842.50
v Big blind   400.00 600.00 6890.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

snowy6789 Fold        
chipthief2 Call   400.00 1000.00 12345.00
Dideusboo Fold        
Mothboy737 Fold        
luvBWFC Raise   1550.00 2550.00 9292.50
v All-in   6890.00 9440.00 0.00
chipthief2 Fold        

Comments

• edited September 2011

Depends on your read on the  player who has shoved.

Against a competent aggro player it's an easy call, as  they have the perfect rejam stack, and can put it in with a wide range.

Against a tight player, it's probably just about a fold.
  • edited September 2011
    unfortunately im readless
  • edited September 2011
    I'd raise smaller pre, but as played it's close between call or fold.

I'd fold though lol
  • edited September 2011
    i raise to 1100 pre, then fold to the re raise if i didnt know anything about the other player.
  • edited September 2011
    i think it should be a fold since your opening raise is really big so his jamming range tighter
  • edited September 2011
    I called, he had AK, K on flop turn T river T. I actually felt bad about winning a hand of poker. I figured I had donked, but wanted to know where and in what way.

So

A) raise smaller pre
    B) if raised larger, give more credence to rr
  • edited September 2011
    Its so easy to get the preflop betsize wrong in tournaments, and end up committed in spots where you should have been able to get away.

I did the same last night too, button raising with 78 suited when shortish, immediately realising my mistake had committed me to calling a shove from the blinds.

I took some chatbox abuse when I hit against AK, but I had put in too large a percentage of my stack to fold and had to call knowing I was 40%+ against anything other than an overpair.

Errors like this are often terminal, but you shouldnt feel guilty on the occasions you do beat the odds.

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Reasonable or unreasonable call:
    Its so easy to get the preflop betsize wrong in tournaments, and end up committed in spots where you should have been able to get away. I did the same last night too, button raising with 78 suited when shortish, immediately realising my mistake had committed me to calling a shove from the blinds. I took some chatbox abuse when I hit against AK, but I had put in too large a percentage of my stack to fold and had to call knowing I was 40%+ against anything other than an overpair. Errors like this are often terminal, but you shouldnt feel guilty on the occasions you do beat the odds.
    Posted by penguin7
    i did the same at the 1st SPT final.

Toby lewis had been rasing every hand, i got fed up and 3 bet to big with 10 7o/s.

Had 70% of chips in the middle so had to call he shove.

Luckily was against AK and rivered the 10 or 7 cant remember. But if your not thinking clearly its easy to get yourself in terrible situations where there is nothing you can do!
  • edited September 2011
    People that are hurling abuse at you in the shoutbox arent realising that AK aint that great, of course its the favourate starting hand that isnt a already made hand, but its still only a drawing hand, ive been on the bubble of a tourney before holding AK, and get pushed all in, i folded and he shows me QQ, to be honest the shoutbox shouted how tight i was but i still feel on the bubble it was the right call, he could of had AA, KK, or anything.
    Back to my point, AK is a drawing hand so even with a smaller drawing hand its still a coin toss, the people moaning at you for winning that hand are probably the same people that put too much value on a AK
  • edited September 2011
    To be fair to the guy, he wasnt deeply abusive. Many players would have shoved in his position.

He said he assumed I had misclicked ! I answered that 78 suited plays quite well v AK.

And he then wished the rest of the table luck.

Its never worth trying to justify a call like this at the time, but it was not a bad call by me, but a poorly judged bet.
  • edited September 2011
    It sux that the BB finds a hand mannnnnnn

But it's a fold, knowing you played the hand well and got unlucky. 
  • edited September 2011
    what size do people want to make it pre with a limper in front?

I prob call