You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can i get away from this

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
The first hand of the 250gtd. I played the handed passively as it was the first hand i didnt really want to go to war this early. This is also the reason i was check calling, i was only worried about Ak but as the river give me a two pair i would be ahead most of the time. I put my opponant on Ax, I didnt think he could have the flush because at this level it is rare for people to bet with flush draws, so could i have got away from this

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancemel1961Small blind 10.0010.001990.00super_flyBig blind 20.0030.001980.00 Your hole cardsAQ   showy08Fold    manotheskyRaise 80.00110.001920.00POKERFACE1978Fold    moanaCall 80.00190.001920.00mel1961Fold    super_flyCall 60.00250.001920.00Flop  52A   super_flyCheck    manotheskyCheck    moanaBet 125.00375.001795.00super_flyCall 125.00500.001795.00manotheskyFold    Turn  9   super_flyCheck    moanaBet 250.00750.001545.00super_flyCall 250.001000.001545.00River  Q   super_flyCheck    moanaAll-in 1545.002545.000.00super_flyAll-in 1545.004090.000.00super_flyShowAQ   moanaShow10A   moanaWinFlush to the Ace4090.00 4090.00

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Its a good bet by him on river.  Frankly I think all the money would have gone in on flop if you'd have been aggro.

I think you can fold river, as he is going to be as wary of that Diamond as you are, unless he has them, perhaps more so after the check calls.  But readless it is tricky.

• edited September 2011
    What a mess !

Starting a tournament with the attitude to not get involved irrespective of the cards is unlikely to be a winning strategy. Nor is calling down the streets. The chips may well have ended up in the middle anyway, but a standard bet on flop, followed by a good bet on the blank turn may well have got through.

The opponent is a good player and could have put it down, although the fact that A10 had showdown value, and the flush draw too may have been too attractive.

Nightmare river. and with 20% of your chips in there, hard to lay down.

Unlucky, but I would have definitely preferred being the aggressor.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Can i get away from this:
    Its a good bet by him on river.  Frankly I think all the money would have gone in on flop if you'd have been aggro. I think you can fold river, as he is going to be as wary of that Diamond as you are, unless he has them, perhaps more so after the check calls.  But readless it is tricky.
    Posted by AMYBR
    It's tough to fold on that river but the question you have to ask is "what hands would he do that with on the river that I am beating?" If you ignore the fact that you have just made two pair I don't really thing there are many. AK without the flush draw would have bet more than half the pot on the flop and turn to protect against the flush. Your passive line looks like a draw to be honest. A9o would have bet more on the turn for the same reasons. He is betting for value knowing that if the flush hits and you have diamonds he gets paid off big time. I think that the only hand he might do this is with AQo as a semi bluff representing diamonds.

The Qd on the end is the coldest card in the pack but you have to start thinking about what your opponant might have and what he thinks you have.
  • edited September 2011
    thanks for the feedback. I seem to get into spots were with second thought i know im beat but i carnt press the fold button
  • edited September 2011
    bet flop
    bet turn
    fold river

don't be so passive - you have a hand - bet it !!!
  • edited September 2011
    I think its fine

wtf would you lead flop? I might c/c a lot v some villains
  • edited September 2011

the half pot bets is showing he is controlling the pot but feels he has showdown value, i would always check call flop and then check raise turn in a tournament readless

• ybyb
    edited September 2011
    i'd probably play it the same w/o reads tbh