You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (10th/11th)

edited September 2011 in Betting Chat

Proper football returns this weekend & with it more options to try & take some cash from the bookies. I’ve had a winning selection for the last two weekends & I’m hoping to make it three tomorrow.

Two bets to begin with for me for tomorrow. I might add a both to score acca in the morning.

Main Acca:

Chelsea to beat Sunderland (A) @ 8/11

Cardiff to beat Doncaster (H) @ 4/7

Charlton to beat Exeter (H) @ 4/7

Sheff Weds/MK Dons – Both to score @ 8/13

These 4 pay a very respectable 11/2.

Chelsea have made a fairly solid, if unspectacular start to the campaign with 2 wins & a draw from their opening 3 outings. They’ve got a good record against Sunderland with 12 victories in their last 13 meetings & will be looking to improve it further tomorrow. I said before the season started that Sunderland’s biggest problem this term will be scoring goals & so far they’ve proved me right. Their only league goal so far came at Liverpool on the opening day & with new boy Nicklas Bentder their only fit option up front tomorrow it’s unlikely they’ll improve on that. I don’t expect Chelsea to run riot in the North East but they’ve got goals all over the park which is why I expect them to see off Sunderland on their own patch.

Cardiff got off to a cracking start winning their opening two games but have gone off the boil in their 3 picking up only 2 points from 9. However they welcome rock bottom Donny to South Wales tomorrow & will be hopeful of getting back on track. The Bluebirds have a fully fit squad to choose from & will be looking to maintain their good recent record against Donny where they’ve won the last 3 in a row. Donny have some players back from injury but they’re still missing quite a chunk of their first 11 & I can’t see them leaving South Wales with anything other than another defeat.

Charlton have made a strong start to the season & have yet to lose in their opening 6. Surprisingly though both of their draws this season have come at The Valley but I expect them to take maximum points here. Exeter are the visitors & they’ve not started well with only 1 win & 4 defeats from their opening 6. They were pretty weak on their travels last term & so far it’s looking like more of the same this time round as they’ve only taken 1 point from a possible 9 so far which came in a 0-0 draw at newly promoted Stevenage on the opening day.

Wednesday & MK Dons have both got goals in them & their recent meetings prove this too. You have to go back to November 2002 for the last time someone kept a clean sheet between these two when MK Dons were playing under their former guise of Wimbledon. Their two meetings last term produced a total of 9 goals with 4 of them shared at Hillsborough in a 2-2 draw back in February. Wednesday have only failed to score in 1 league game this term (in a 2-0 defeat at Bournemouth) whilst MK Dons have scored at least once in every game they’ve played so far.

Long Shot Acca:

Everton/Villa – DRAW @ 23/10

Arsenal (-1) to beat Swansea (H) @ evens

Leicester to beat Barnsley (A) @ evens

Scunthorpe to beat Sheff Utd (H) @ 17/10

Oxford to beat Burton (H) @ evens

Wrexham to beat Barrow (A) @ 10/11

These 6 potentially pay a monster 135/1 so only small stakes for some extra fun.

Four of the last five meetings between Everton & Villa have finished all square & with neither side looking particularly potent up front it looks like they could cancel each other out again.

This price on Arsenal is seriously huge. Granted, by their standards they’ve made a pretty horrific start to the season but while they’ll give Swansea the respect they rightly deserve, they’ll be looking at this as the perfect game to get their season up & running. They should have at least 4 of their 5 deadline day signings making their debuts tomorrow & even without the suspended Gervinho they should see off Swansea quite comfortably at home.

Leicester have stuttered a bit so far but they won their last outing at home to Southampton & will be looking to build on that victory at Oakwell. Barnsley have only one victory so far this term which came at Reading a couple of weeks ago. They’ve lost their two home games in the league so far to Southampton & Middlesbrough as well as their league cup meeting against League 2 Morecambe too.

Scunthorpe might seem like a strange pick here as they’ve yet to win in 6 this term whilst visitors Sheffield Utd are unbeaten so far. However, not only are they gonna get maximum points sooner or later but Utd are also gonna lose too & that defeat is more likely to come on the road. Scunthorpe have certainly had the better of recent meetings too with 5 wins & 1 draw in their last 6 league meetings, winning all 3 at Glanford Park.

Oxford haven’t made the start that they’d have hoped for but will be confident of getting things back on track at home to Burton. They beat them 3-0 in this fixture last season & Burton don’t generally travel that well which is why I’ve backed them here.

Wrexham currently top the Conference on goal difference from Gateshead & they’ll be looking to extend that lead at mid table Barrow tomorrow. They’ve yet to lose in 7 so far this term & have won all 3 on the road scoring at least 2 in each of those. Wrexham won this fixture last term & should take the points again this time round.

Good luck if you’re having a go peeps

Jay

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Got offered a free in -running bet of £20 on another site. I had to place £20 though so i put it on Norwich at 13/8 and laid them off 13/8, therefore getting my £20 in running for free which I will be putting on Chelsea at 8/11,

I,ve also got Sunderland on the handicap list so wouldn,t be to gutted if they won although I really can,t see it tommorow.

Also got Juan Mata for topscorer at big odds so I,m really hoping for him to bag at least 1 tommorow 
  • edited September 2011
    COLCHESTER 4/5
    GILLINGHAM 5/6
    SOUTHAMPTON 5/6

TREBLE
  • edited September 2011
    Arsenal
    everton
    Man City
    Leicester
    Man United

£6.60ish @ 17/2

---------------
    Arsenal -1
    everton
    Man City
    Blackpool
    Leeds
    Chelsea
    Man Utd
    Southampton
    Stoke & L'pool both to score

£2 @ 140/1ish

• edited September 2011
    Leicester @11/10
    Brighton @5/4
    Cardiff @8/13
    Southampton @5/6
    Sheffield United @13/10

£5 acca and 5 x £1 fourfolds.
  • edited September 2011
    I've also gone for these six both to score @ 18/1

Blackpool/Ipswich @ 4/6
    Burnley/Boro @ 8/13
    Sheff Weds/MK Dons @ 8/13
    Notts Co/Walsall @ 8/11
    Crewe/Barnet @ 8/15
    Swindon/Southend @ 4/6
  • edited September 2011
    I've gone for a first goalscorer yankee and acca with players who should be making their debuts today..

Peter Crouch (STOKE v Liverpool)

Jermaine Beckford (Barnsley v LEICESTER)

Denis Stracqalursi (EVERTON v Aston Villa)

Mikel Arteta (ARSENAL v Swansea)

The acca pays a tasty 2687/1 so fingers-crossed!!
  • edited September 2011
    GET IN!! 

Must admit I was a little worried when Sunderland got one back at the death but all was well in the end. And to top it off we got our first home win of the season too (albeit we were made to work bloody hard for it by the sounds of things).

Time to go & see if I can find any value in tomorrow's games now :-)
  • edited September 2011
    Only a few games to choose between tomorrow & hopefully I've found a winning combination.

Fulham/Blackburn - Both to score @ 10/11
    Norwich/West Brom - Over 2.5 goals @ 10/11
    Birmingham to beat Millwall (H) @ 5/4

These 3 pay a juicy 7/1 & although they're tight calls I think it's well worth the gamble.

Fulham & Blackburn shared 5 goals between them in this fixture last season & with neither side getting off to a good start this term they'll both be thinking they've got a good chance to get their first win of the season in West London. I actually fancy Fulham to just sneak this but Steve Kean will have his troops fired up & will be a threat in front of goal.
    Norwich won back to back promotions by playing open attacking football & they've tried to continue that philosophy in the top flight. They've yet to win a game this season but they never give up & are always capable of grabbing a goal or two. West Brom have lost their opening 3 games this term but two of those were against Man Utd & Chelsea & they run both of them close. I think this will be quite an open game & one which should (hopefully) produce plenty of goals.
    Backing Birmingham is a close call but with the game being played at St Andrews you simply cannot ignore this price. They've won both their home games in all competitions so far & have some key players back from injury in time for tomorrow's game. Millwall have made a reasonable start to the season but they're always vulnerable to dropping points, particularly on the road.

Good luck if you're having a go tomorrow peeps. Let's find some more winners
  • edited September 2011
    Bet Details
    ReceiptO/11420690/0001655
    Bet placed at09/09/2011 22:46
    Bet Type7 Fold Accumulator(s)
    Bet ChannelInternet
    Number of lines1
    Stake per line£13.00
    Total stake£13.00
    SettledY
    Number of win lines1
    Number of void lines0
    Returns£301.39
    Refunds£0.00

Selection Details
    Class/SportEvent Type EventMarketDateSelectionNotes
    FootballNpower ChampionshipCardiff v DoncasterMatch Result 10/09/2011 15:00Cardiff (Win) @ 8/13
    FootballNpower ChampionshipWest Ham v PortsmouthMatch Result 10/09/2011 15:00West Ham (Win) @ 8/13
    FootballNpower League 1Charlton v ExeterMatch Result 10/09/2011 15:00Charlton (Win) @ 4/7
    FootballNpower League 2Shrewsbury v HerefordMatch Result 10/09/2011 13:00Shrewsbury (Win) @ 8/13
    FootballNpower ChampionshipSouthampton v Nottm. ForestMatch Result 10/09/2011 15:00Southampton (Win) @ 5/6
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueArsenal v SwanseaMatch Result 10/09/2011 15:00Arsenal (Win) @ 4/11
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueBolton v Man. UtdMatch Result 10/09/2011 17:30Man. Utd (Win) @ 2/5
    Back to Account History Search
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (10th/11th):
    Bet Details Receipt O/11420690/0001655 Bet placed at 09/09/2011 22:46 Bet Type 7 Fold Accumulator(s) Bet Channel Internet Number of lines 1 Stake per line £13.00 Total stake £13.00 Settled Y Number of win lines 1 Number of void lines 0 Returns £301.39 Refunds £0.00 Selection Details Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes Football Npower Championship Cardiff v Doncaster Match Result 10/09/2011 15:00 Cardiff ( Win ) @ 8/13 Football Npower Championship West Ham v Portsmouth Match Result 10/09/2011 15:00 West Ham ( Win ) @ 8/13 Football Npower League 1 Charlton v Exeter Match Result 10/09/2011 15:00 Charlton ( Win ) @ 4/7 Football Npower League 2 Shrewsbury v Hereford Match Result 10/09/2011 13:00 Shrewsbury ( Win ) @ 8/13 Football Npower Championship Southampton v Nottm. Forest Match Result 10/09/2011 15:00 Southampton ( Win ) @ 5/6 Football Barclays Premier League Arsenal v Swansea Match Result 10/09/2011 15:00 Arsenal ( Win ) @ 4/11 Football Barclays Premier League Bolton v Man. Utd Match Result 10/09/2011 17:30 Man. Utd ( Win ) @ 2/5 Back to Account History Search
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Nice one,
  • edited September 2011

NORWICH V WEST BROM. Both teams to score. 

FULHAM V BLACKBURN. Fulham win.

Returns 15/8. 

• edited September 2011
    Gone for 4 home wins, Fulham, Norwich, B'ham and QPR tomorrow.

4 quid returns 90ish.