You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mathematically can i call this?

Villain hadnt really got out of line but hasnt really been raising that much so thought he must have been fairly strong. I probably should have folded but they were soooted were'nt they!

Basically, i think this is quite marginal. Can i should i call?

Hand History #412577056 (13:43 10/09/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gaz2124 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.94
swantrades Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £0.36
  Your hole cards
  • K

xRaise  £0.12 £0.18 £2.32
DrSharp Call  £0.12 £0.30 £3.76
mackem247 Call  £0.12 £0.42 £0.89
DUDLYE888 Fold     
gaz2124 Fold     
swantrades Fold     
Flop

• A

xBet  £0.21 £0.63 £2.11
DrSharp Call  £0.21 £0.84 £3.55
mackem247 Fold     
Turn

• K

xBet  £0.42 £1.26 £1.69
DrSharp ?
Cant be sure that my 10 or trip kings even win the hand here can i? I think villain has the ace FWIW and from the reads i have. He only raises pre when strong from what i have seen as in 2xpicture cards. A,10 is a possability as is AK i suppose. I think i should have folded pre flop but is that too nitty?

Thoughts please.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Fold pre flop. I know it sounds nitty but at NL4 you don't have to look for these marginal spot to make it profitable. Don't mind playing this hand to a 3x raise though. On the flop you can't flat call. This gives you only one way of winning the hand (out drawing your opponent who probably has an ace and a picture card)

Raise it to 50p-70p on the flop. Then if your opponent bets half the pot again you can re-raise to represent AK. By this point your opponent should either fold or go all in, in which case you call knowing that you may be beat but you have 9 outs (or 12 if he just has the ace) to still win the hand on the river and you have made every effort to win the hand.

However I still don't like playing KT at NL4 for exactly this reason.
  • edited September 2011
    i think you should be raising that flop so you dont polarise a flush too much. As played im flat calling as any raise can result in a reshove and im not keen on getting my money in behind.

edit:- i would't be too bothered about repping 2pair+ here as the villain is just over 50bb so top pair good kicker probably goes all in regardless.
  • edited September 2011
    pre is probz marginal at 4nl but it's ok imo

raise or call is fine on the flop - with your reads i'd probz flat aswell
    if you choose to flat the flop you can't really raise the turn imo - calling is good and if you don't improve on the river just fold
  • edited September 2011
    Snap fold preflop for me.

People will say shut up you tight dirty nit but I've beat this level and it didn't involve making these calls pre.

As played flop call fine, don't like raising with his stack size.

Turn you probably have to call again and then fold if miss but tbh I'd much rather continue postflop if both stacks were deeper as original raiser only has just over 50 bb's behind a 100 would make it more appealing.

But most of all just fold pre.
  • edited September 2011
    You have pot odds of 3-1, so if you've a 25% chance of winning call all day long.

The A clubs is out already so if you hit flush, you know you've won. You're 17% to make flush (I think) and have 2nd pair medium kicker. Chances are he has a weak ace. You can call and not lose any more on river imo.
  • edited September 2011
    I wish people would leave the villians name in the HH. It's fine to do so as long as you're not being insulting to said villian.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Mathematically can i call this?:
    I wish people would leave the villians name in the HH. It's fine to do so as long as you're not being insulting to said villian.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I got told off once for giving info on peoples games by leaving the name in so i have always taken it out since.

Anyway, his name was jasp234 or something along those lines.
  • edited September 2011
    fold pre

call flop is fine, now call turn, fold or check river unimproved
  • edited September 2011
    i would call pre no shame in folding tho, easy call on the flop no point raising the fd here as you will only get it in behind, even easier call on the turn as we improve some and yeah fold or check back river with no more help
  • edited September 2011
    call then check fold / raise the river :) no point getting snapped off when behind. But after the river it depends what you improve to. If the player is tight he might suss a check raise and check behind a club . id maybe lead for value if a club hits.
    check call if a another king or ten came, he might have ak a10

btw what was the river and what happend lol 
  • edited September 2011

In Response to Re: Mathematically can i call this?:
    Posted by Lambert180
    I think it's just polite to leave the players names out unless they say it's ok to leave them in.

• edited September 2011
    played fine, i would flat turn now.