You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Round Down Effect

edited September 2011 in Area 51
The Round Down Effect at the end of tournaments is killing this game for me!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceQuietly1Small blind 400.00400.009008.75hoof79Big blind 800.001200.002882.50 Your hole cardsKK   jaytee606Fold    mildsteal0Fold    fuzzymuzzyFold    snapieRaise 3200.004400.0011386.67Quietly1Call 2800.007200.006208.75hoof79Fold    Flop  5J7   Quietly1Check    snapieBet 2400.009600.008986.67Quietly1Raise 4800.0014400.001408.75snapieCall 2400.0016800.006586.67Turn  2   Quietly1All-in 1408.7518208.750.00snapieCall 1408.7519617.505177.92Quietly1ShowKK   snapieShow1010   River  K   snapieWinFlush to the King19617.50 24795.42

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Stick with it Quietly it shows your playing well to get so far, its anoying i know i had a really sick bad spell but its starting to change a bit now. Keep doing what your doing and that win will come x
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah was vul but im pretty sure when ure raised here its a simple all-in shove with 9k behind ya , prob same outcome but dont really like ure flat call for 1/3rd of ure stack
  • edited September 2011

i think his call to your raise was a cry call you may have had the j he was always going to call your alin i think with p10 and a flush draw, i think you played it right just ul
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks for the reply's all - it was an awful day and started to get to me by this point. it was as much the fact i played really tight for an hour (as per normal) and i only played primes - i guess that some people just dont care what others have in hands - The "Hee Haw I've A Pair Ma!" routine hoping to get lucky, this was just 1 out of so many similar beats yesterday.

A New Day - Having a rest - Be back and fighting fit for Mondays DTD :-)

Thanks Again. :-))

• edited September 2011
    Out of Yet another - my AA pre flop all in called by A7 off and they flop a straight - out from 7th in tourny to losing 14th :((
  • edited September 2011
    And another - pre flop raise by ace 2 off - re-raised and re-rasied again - 10 10 in my hand
    flop 632 - i shove -  J turn - 2 river - end of.
  • edited September 2011
    The first hand, your call of his bet is just over 30% of your stack. For me, I'm just gonna three bet jam here. I want all the moniez in on flop with KK. If he folds, you've won 4400 chips uncontested, a 50% increase in your stack size. If he calls with 10 10 your an 80% favourite. I'm never flatting pre and as played I'm shoving over the top, all in on that flop.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The Round Down Effect:
    The first hand, your call of his bet is just over 30% of your stack. For me, I'm just gonna three bet jam here. I want all the moniez in on flop with KK. If he folds, you've won 4400 chips uncontested, a 50% increase in your stack size. If he calls with 10 10 your an 80% favourite. I'm never flatting pre and as played I'm shoving over the top, all in on that flop.
    Posted by Mohican
    sorry, but he did not ask if he played the hand correctly. he was showing how sick and tired he was of this happening, i know , had it many times myself...

will people please stop telling others how to play their hands. he would of called allin any way at the back end of a tourney...

he did not post the hand to be criticized for his play..
  • edited September 2011
    all the hand shows is that another bad callers hits runner runner yet again to win a hand when dominated..

as per usual
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The Round Down Effect : sorry, but he did not ask if he played the hand correctly. he was showing how sick and tired he was of this happening, i know , had it many times myself... will people please stop telling others how to play their hands. he would of called allin any way at the back end of a tourney... he did not post the hand to be criticized for his play..
    Posted by bigal36903
    actually the way i read the op is that he thinks sky needs to knock out a few players to get the game finished?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The Round Down Effect : actually the way i read the op is that he thinks sky needs to knock out a few players to get the game finished?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

And OP would be right.

• edited September 2011
    He is a She & She is sic of river bad beats........at the time......

in fact most days . . . . .
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The Round Down Effect : And OP would be right.
    Posted by avfcalex
    dont be silly....
  • edited September 2011
    He is a She & She is sic of river bad beats........at the time...... in fact most days . . . . .
    Posted by Quietly1
    opps sorry....i know its frustrating,but sky really dont need to "round down"
     to end tourny's.
    there are enough "idiots" calling with rubbish that dont get lucky as it is.

if you think about it how else are you going to go out?.
    at any stage of the game if you get it all in you are either going to have thev best hand that doesnt hold up or have the worst hand that doesnt improve.

I would rather be in your situation where you are going in ahead rather than calling when behind for your tourny life.
    it means you are doing the right things........gl,dave
  • edited September 2011
    At the end of tournies there are a much greater number of all ins. This is why you feel there is a so called rounding down effect.
  • edited September 2011
    This by its very nature, is the definition of tournament poker.

We are happy to get it in bad for marginal portions of stack to slim down the field.  If the best hand always won at showdown tournaments would go on for a very long time.

It is gross I agree.  But when the chips are in there's very little you can do while the cards are in the air.  Plus we are more inclined to be playing for stacks post when connecting.  So if we get sucked out on, we get sucked out on hard.  When we exit a tournament we rarely sit and think "I played such and such hand well, I'm glad I got paid here or I like what we did here".  We think "AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHh how can that $%***& call", "How can he make his hand!!!!", or "yeah, of course he has a hand dominating me there".  Exiting is always going to be a negative experience.

Have always really enjoyed A51, just seems the tone has been lowered lately.

Interestingly enough I have watched my house mate play a few of the reg "unlucky" posters.  Watching how they played was a huge insight.
  • edited September 2011
    This by its very nature, is the definition of tournament poker. We are happy to get it in bad for marginal portions of stack to slim down the field.  If the best hand always won at showdown tournaments would go on for a very long time. It is gross I agree.  But when the chips are in there's very little you can do while the cards are in the air.  Plus we are more inclined to be playing for stacks post when connecting.  So if we get sucked out on, we get sucked out on hard.  When we exit a tournament we rarely sit and think "I played such and such hand well, I'm glad I got paid here or I like what we did here".  We think "AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHh how can that $%***& call", "How can he make his hand!!!!", or "yeah, of course he has a hand dominating me there".  Exiting is always going to be a negative experience. Have always really enjoyed A51, just seems the tone has been lowered lately. Interestingly enough I have watched my house mate play a few of the reg "unlucky" posters.  Watching how they played was a huge insight.
    Posted by AMYBR
    i lol'd at this deano!

come on admit it,you've had a sneaky game of poker online

aintchya? eh? eh?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: The Round Down Effect : i lol'd at this deano! come on admit it,you've had a sneaky game of poker online aintchya? eh? eh?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Pmsl bud.

Yeah i do play occassionaly on line.  And I do really well... Until I find a reason to lose dicipline and donk it off in silly ways.

I have always said that my game is live, my skillset being suited to that format.  You yourself have seen my live play, so you know how verbal I am, relying on physical information.  These are my best weapons.  I got bored online also.

But mainly my dicipline and online BRM is beyond beyond beyond a joke.  But live I am super concious of everything, managing my finances and information far better.

But I do find sky kind of laggy when first to act, but its likely that I'm a technotard :p