You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Daytime deep stack. Please guys.

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
I would like to start a campaign for a daytime true deepie.
If the 7.30 gets 15 runners, I'm sure a daytime one can match that, even if the buy in was lower.

I can only usually play during the day but would love a 4 hour deepie.

If you agree please post below.

TK, I expect you first on the comments!!!!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Seconded Hale! Awesome game!! Thanks to the players and the Railers!!

Much love for the Deepies too! A wee daytime one would be grand!

Night all x

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Daytime deep stack. Please guys.:
    I would like to start a campaign for a daytime true deepie. If the 7.30 gets 15 runners, I'm sure a daytime one can match that, even if the buy in was lower. I can only usually play during the day but would love a 4 hour deepie. If you agree please post below. TK, I expect you first on the comments!!!!
    Posted by Hale72
    YEAH     YEAH     YEAH   YEAH   YEAH!!!  YEAH

good idea hale72---10 seater----2 ish would be good

ps--will be back on bingo site thread tomorrow--mad busy week---gl with this campaign
  • edited October 2009
    About time too, your leadership has been sorely missed!
  • edited October 2009
    hey hale72,

thanks for the suggestion. i will let this thread run and see how many people agree...

after it has had a few responses i'll send it over to the poker team.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited October 2009
    My campaign has reached it's fruition!!!

Thanks rich that was quick!

There is now one at quarter past the hour for 2.20.

Feel a bit foolish now, I assume it's quite new cause I never found it before!!!!!!

Rich, can you close this down and take it away as I don't fancy the ridicule for being such a ninny.

Anyway, my optician has just called me and told me my eyetest is 15 years overdue!!!!

Mind you, 1 minute to kick off and only 3 entrants.

Maybe we now need a campaign to promote em!
  • edited October 2009
    no problems hale72, we would still be quite interested if there is much demand for any higher buy-in deepstacks through the day. £5? £10?

if we get enough responses the poker team may look at altering the schedule.

let us know your thoughts everyone?
  • edited October 2009
    Hi rich

I think tbh the main players in the day prefer quick torns as they are at work etc, i think the 2.20 d/stacks dont attract much for this reason.
    As you know im a massive fan of d/stacks maybe one 10.00 d/s on a mon say at midday call it the monday blues and if its popular do another 10..00 one thurs, just an idea,
  • edited October 2009

I'm in favour of Daytime Deepies, but remember, we already have a Deepie at 15 minutes past EVERY Hour, 24/7.

But a Daytime "feature" Deepie, 6 or 10 Seater, would certainly get my support.
  • edited October 2009
    Ended up heads up as there was a withdrawl.

Ever played a deepie heads up at level one? No me neither, luckily full house over full house prevailed at level 3 and they all went in.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi all,what a great idea it is to have a daytime deepy.My suggestion would be a £4 or £5 entry.Im sure this could easily attract 30 + runners.Hope this comes off and all interested please show your support on this thread.GL ALL
  • edited October 2009
    Hi, if you are going to set this up - would it be possible to make it a deep stack with a slow structure?

Maybe 20 minute blinds? (30 minutes would be perfect!)

The current Deep stacks are OK, but a deep stack needs a slow structure as well IMO.

This is probably best for an evening game rather than daytime.

Maybe even once every Sunday starting around 16:00?

Would be a nice flagship tournament I think.

All the best.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Daytime deep stack. Please guys.:
    Hi, if you are going to set this up - would it be possible to make it a deep stack with a slow structure ? Maybe 20 minute blinds? (30 minutes would be perfect!) The current Deep stacks are OK, but  a deep stack needs a slow structure  as well IMO. This is probably best for an evening game rather than daytime. Maybe even once every Sunday starting around 16:00? Would be a nice flagship tournament I think. All the best.
    Posted by Sherlock
    WHAT A GREAT IDEA SHERLOCK.EVERYONES GOT GRRREEEAAAATTT IDEAS TODAY.A FLAGSHIP 30 MIN BLIND DEEPY WOULD BE BRILL IMO
  • edited October 2009
    dunno, 12-15 blinds are fine.

30 minute blinds means we'll still be playing christmas!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi, if you are going to set this up - would it be possible to make it a deep stack with a slow structure ? Maybe 20 minute blinds? (30 minutes would be perfect!) The current Deep stacks are OK, but  a deep stack needs a slow structure  as well IMO. This is probably best for an evening game rather than daytime. Maybe even once every Sunday starting around 16:00? Would be a nice flagship tournament I think. All the best.
    Posted by Sherlock
    Hi Sherlock,

The 7.30 Deepie - NOT the 7pm Deepie - has an awesomely slow structure. but only attracts about 20 Runners most nights - 15 last night. (See seperate Thread).

I will support any well-structured Deepie, & we CAN have them, but we have them already, & hardly anyone plays them.
  • edited October 2009

I think 30 minute Blinds is a bit excessive, to be honest.

12 or 15 minutes, 5,000 Chips, & a good structure (the latter is key) would be optimal poker.
  • edited October 2009
    I'd certainly give my support to a featured daytime tournament as long as the buyin is £10 or under.  Personally I'd prefer it to be 10 seat, but I am NOT going to get into THAT debate again lol, as I will happliy also play in it as a 6 seater.

As for the blind levels I think 12 or 15 is more than enough as any longer and the game will be lasting 6 or more hours.

Steve
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Daytime deep stack. Please guys. : Hi Sherlock, The 7.30 Deepie - NOT the 7pm Deepie - has an awesomely slow structure. but only attracts about 20 Runners most nights - 15 last night. (See seperate Thread). I will support any well-structured Deepie, & we CAN have them, but we have them already, & hardly anyone plays them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay

I notice tonight's 19:30 Deepie is £22 to enter - are all the 15 minute blind Deepies £22?

If so, then that may explain why they are getting so few runners?

The 19:00 Deepies, although faster are relatively cheaper and attract the bigger numbers.

The 19:30 Deepie is then getting overlooked.

Make it £3, £5 or possibly £10 (or a mixture on different days) and they may get the numbers they deserve.

I still think a weekly showcase slow, deep stack early evening tournament on a weekend would be ideal.

All the best.
  • edited October 2009
    I'd certainly give my support to a featured daytime tournament as long as the buyin is £10 or under.  Personally I'd prefer it to be 10 seat, but I am NOT going to get into THAT debate again lol, as I will happliy also play in it as a 6 seater. As for the blind levels I think 12 or 15 is more than enough as any longer and the game will be lasting 6 or more hours. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Nor me!

I agree with every word of your Post.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Daytime deep stack. Please guys. : Hi Tikay   I notice tonight's 19:30 Deepie is £22 to enter - are all the 15 minute blind Deepies £22? If so, then that may explain why they are getting so few runners? The 19:00 Deepies, although faster are relatively cheaper and attract the bigger numbers. The 19:30 Deepie is then getting overlooked. Make it £3, £5 or possibly £10 (or a mixture on different days) and they may get the numbers they deserve. I still think a weekly showcase slow, deep stack early evening tournament on a weekend would be ideal. All the best.
    Posted by Sherlock
    ".....I notice tonight's 19:30 Deepie is £22 to enter....."

Yes, it was specifically introduced in response to demand by many players, as a nightly "Feature" Deepie. But support for it has waned of late. A bunch of us play it every night, but new receruits to it are far & few between.

"....I still think a weekly showcase slow, deep stack early evening tournament on a weekend would be ideal. All the best....."

Again, in response to player demand, Sky Poker started a £2,000 Guaranteed, 5,000 chip Deepie with a 15 minute Clock every Sunday night. It's stunningly good. It rarely makes 30 runners, ususlly low twenties. I have only played it once, due to having to work on Sundays, but I'd play that any time I was available. Plenty of Super Satellites are scheduled for it, but the take up for them is poor.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Daytime deep stack. Please guys. : Sky Poker started a £2,000 Guaranteed, 5,000 chip Deepie with a 15 minute Clock every Sunday night. It's stunningly good. It rarely makes 30 runners, ususlly low twenties. I have only played it once, due to having to work on Sundays, but I'd play that any time I was available. Plenty of Super Satellites are scheduled for it, but the take up for them is poor.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, what are the Super Satellites called?

All the best.
  • edited October 2009
    Just finished my first ever deepie.

9 runners, over 2 hours play for £2.20

Best value on the site and would recommend these to anyone who enjoys good games without the loose calls/bad beats.

They tell me the later ones attract a few more too.

Fantastic bunch of guys, chat box never stopped moving.

See you same time tommorow lads!
  • edited October 2009
    1 vote here for a guaranteed deepstack during day