You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

We are all wanting to know more about regulation so tell us!!!!!!!!

edited September 2011 in Area 51
as the title says im sure people would like to no more about how online poker is regulated and the tests rng has to go through etc so lets post what we would like to know here.
to start the ball rolling i would like to know.
How many hands from this site do the agc audit every day and what do they look for ie a total random draw and how data is then sent and wether it is defered from in some way.

why is this site rng regulated by a commision outside of the uk and not a uk established regulator.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Not to put a downer on you dalty but this subject (and this diplomatic approach to subject) is nothing new.  In fact it was how I joined this forum, seeking out others experiences and looking for rationale.

The first month or two I spent on here were spent on sincere debate on the subject matter.  As you're not the 1st to tackle the subject, nor was I.

Myself and Elsadog talked about these issues at great length, Elsa being the more knowledgable.  The culmination of months of sincere respectful debate on the matter through many threads was one particularly interesting thread, regarding RNG's and there status.  What they govern, what exactly they license and where their ownership begins and ends.  What their responsibilities are and which cross sections of sample is licenced and continually examined.  You get the gist

Despite the thread being well received and of interest to many, never being disrespectful, accusatory or rude it was shutdown by the site, for fairly ambiguous reasons.  Which they retain the right to do.

All I guess I'm trying to say if you dont receive the level of feedback you desire, it isnt because people arent interested.  Its because the subject has been heavily explored in the past, but sadly becomes kind of futile.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: We are all wanting to know more about regulation so tell us!!!!!!!!:
    Not to put a downer on you dalty but this subject (and this diplomatic approach to subject) is nothing new.  In fact it was how I joined this forum, seeking out others experiences and looking for rationale. The first month or two I spent on here were spent on sincere debate on the subject matter.  As you're not the 1st to tackle the subject, nor was I. Myself and Elsadog talked about these issues at great length, Elsa being the more knowledgable.  The culmination of months of sincere respectful debate on the matter through many threads was one particularly interesting thread, regarding RNG's and there status.  What they govern, what exactly they license and where their ownership begins and ends.  What their responsibilities are and which cross sections of sample is licenced and continually examined.  You get the gist Despite the thread being well received and of interest to many, never being disrespectful, accusatory or rude it was shutdown by the site, for fairly ambiguous reasons.  Which they retain the right to do. All I guess I'm trying to say if you dont receive the level of feedback you desire, it isnt because people arent interested.  Its because the subject has been heavily explored in the past, but sadly becomes kind of futile.
    Posted by AMYBR

you would think it would be in there intrest to answer these questions and keep the customers happy if they have nothing to hide or is it as i suspect they present an rng to the agcc once a year and they verify they have a working rng and give it certificate and then the rng is not audited again until a new certificate is required which to be fair is no regulation at all surely hands from every site should be audited everyday to keep that certificate, so this is why they will not answer any questions we have becasue they no it's a sham.
  • edited September 2011
    Not sure if this will work but here is the link for the closed thread I mention.

This goey waaaaaaayyy back so be prepared that individuals perspective/attitude may have changed since this time.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page

Myeh figured it wouldnt work.  This is the thread title, maybe able to link off it (you can).  If not, just use the search option with thread title.  Its an interesting read.

Re: RNG ( on all poker sites ) A CIVIL DISCUSSION IN GENERAL CHAT

Be sure to start at pg 1 :p
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to We are all wanting to know more about regulation so tell us!!!!!!!!:
    as the title says im sure people would like to no more about how online poker is regulated and the tests rng has to go through etc so lets post what we would like to know here. to start the ball rolling i would like to know. How many hands from this site do the agc audit every day and what do they look for ie a total random draw and how data is then sent and wether it is defered from in some way. why is this site rng regulated by a commision outside of the uk and not a uk established regulator.
    Posted by dalty
    Bear in mind it all depends how you want to sample, and how you want to calculate your averages and variations that occur within the average. It would be statistically inaccurate to review what happens on a day-by-day basis unless ten million hands plus per day are being dealt - somthing I think unlikely even here.
  • edited September 2011
    This has been done to death before, but to save a lot of time here is a quick run-down.

The AGGC provide a licence to operate the site. This is an autonomous institution which is governed by the laws of Alderney. It does not certify the RNG.

The certification of the RNG is undertaken by TST who certify that the RNG is within expected parameters of performance. It doesn''t check individual or groups of hands. Neither does it include any accompanying software for card distribution to the table. The RNG certificate should be renewed every 12 months.

• edited September 2011
    Good to see a post :p

Elsadog is wary of showing his face down here after the reverse doomswitch :p  He's part of the PR machine and destined for TSP :)

Kidding bud, if anyone deserves positive variance its...... er well me, then maybe you :p