You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting (13th/14th)

edited September 2011 in Betting Chat

At one stage I thought I was gonna have another winning selection on Sunday but West Brom remembered how to keep a clean sheet on the road whilst Norwich forgot how to score!

Never mind though, the Champions league returns this week & there’s a full programme in Leagues 1 & 2 to choose from too, although there’s a lot of close calls in the games. Having said that I think I’ve found a decent five way for Tuesday.

Chelsea to beat Leverkusen (H) @ 2/5

Valencia to beat Genk (A) @ 2/3

Rochdale/Scunthorpe – Both to score @ 8/13

Sheff Utd/Huddersfield – Both to score @ 8/13

Burton/Crewe – Both to score @ 8/15

These 5 pay a very tempting 8/1 & are well worth a decent dabble.

The price on a Chelsea win isn’t great but as part of an acca it should add a little extra value. They come into this game unbeaten, having won their last 3. As far as Abramovich is concerned the Champions league is the Holy Grail so they’ll be expected to get off to a flying start. They should see off a Leverkusen side who have started well enough this term with 3 wins from their opening 5 games but always struggle on the road against the better teams in Europe.

Valencia travel to Belgium to meet Genk who are playing in the group stages for only the 2nd time in their history. The current Belgian champions have got off to a poor start in the Jupiler league with only 2 wins from their opening 6 games with only 1 of those coming at home on the opening day. Valencia have made a great start to the La Liga season winning both of their games albeit they’ve both come at home. They were decent on the road last term both domestically & in Europe & they’ve got a great chance to get off to a flyer here.

Rochdale & Scunthorpe have both struggled for points so far & both will fancy their chances in what should be an open game. Rochdale have only failed to score once at home so far whilst Scunthorpe have scored in every game & have yet to keep a clean sheet in the league.

Sheffield Utd have made a great start to their season & currently top League 1 with 5 wins & 2 draws in their opening 7 games. They’ve won all 3 at Bramall Lane but will come up against their toughest test yet when Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield stroll into town. Both sides have certainly got goals in them & I fancy the game to finish all square with a score draw.

Burton & Crewe have picked up where they left off last season & they’re both as likely to concede as they are score. They’ve met 4 times in the league in the last 2 years & whilst Crewe have certainly had the better of Burton with 3 wins & a draw, there’s yet to be a clean sheet kept between them.

Good luck if you’re having a go peeps

Jay

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I have had £50 on your top 2 results(Chelsea and valencia to win)'
    Good luck with all your results. Run Good.
    Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Both To Score Acca

Chesterfield v Bury
    Rochdale v Scunthorpe
    Sheffield Utd v Huddersfield
    Burton v Crewe
    Crawley v Swindon
    Daggers v Oxford

£5 pays £79
  • edited September 2011
    Pretty disastrous on the selections tonight. Never mind, there's a few more games tomorrow night so I'll see if there's any value there.
  • edited September 2011
    I had Draw-Chelsea HT-FT last night and have chucked the winnings onto tonight's games.

Manchester City to beat Napoli to nil @ 11/8

Manchester City have conceded one goal in ten home games and should win tonight.

Manchester United to beat Benfica to nil @ 9/4

United did not conceded away from home in lats year's Chanpions League.  I think you might still be able to get this price on Sky Bet.
  • edited September 2011
    Gone for a little bit of a gamble tonight. There's not a lot of value at all in the match result markets so like Wilheim I've gone for something a little different

Man Utd to beat Benfica (A) @ evens
    Inter (-1) to beat Trabzonspor (H) @ 11/10
    Man City (-1) to beat Napoli (H) @ 10/11
    Villareal/Bayern - Both to score @ 4/6

The 4 way returns a juicy 12/1 so well worth the gamble.
  • edited September 2011

Mix n match bet for me also.

Benfica not to lose at home to United (that's 1 of us falling at the first hurdle Jay)

Also have Villereal and Barern both to score.

City to win to nil 

Lyon to win, or draw away at Ajax.

All 4 pays 9/1.

Bout time I had a win !!!
  • edited September 2011
    Think Braga look a good bet at 17/10 to beat birmingham tommorrow doing them singularly and in a double with spurs at 11/8
    which pays 5.4/1
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (13th/14th):
    Think Braga look a good bet at 17/10 to beat birmingham tommorrow doing them singularly and in a double with spurs at 11/8 which pays 5.4/1
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I have taken your advice and done:
    Braga 13/8
    Spurs 8/5

£10 win on each
    £10 win double

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    thinks braga is a great bet,as birmingham have sold all there best players!