You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! (SEP 15th -18th)

edited September 2011 in Betting Chat

BMW

It’s the penultimate event of the Fed Ex Cup Play-offs, where the current top 70 players will be whittled down to 30 for the Tour Championship.

Stand-out pick for me is Dustin Johnson. He won this event last year and is fresh off yet another win 3 weeks ago at the Barclays.

Two outsiders, who are in decent form and will be desperate for a good week to ensure they qualify for the Tour Championship, make up my final selections

First Up, is Camilo Villegas. A winner here in ’08 and T11th last year, along with two top 10’s in his last 3 outings on tour, catch my eye.  It’s been a quiet couple of seasons for the Columbian, but he looks to be on the way back up.

Finally, Ryan Moore is fresh from a top 10 finish at the Deutsche Bank. He also finished T3rd here last year. It’s only a matter of time before he rocks up and wins a big event. Hopefully that will happen this week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the European Tour, it’s the Vivendi Seve Trophy this week. A Ryder-Cup style matchplay event between GB&I and Continental Europe. This should be cracking fun, with the likes of Westwood, Poulter and Manassero all playing.

I will put up any bets I have on this later in the week, although at first glance, Continental Europe seem to have the better team on paper, I’d make them slight favourites.

EventPickOddsStake

BMWDustin Johnson16/1£4 e/w
BMWCamilo Villegas40/1£3 e/w
BMWRyan Moore60/1£3 e/w

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Hi  splashies, thanks for the tips, I will have a little e/w bet on all 3!

Dustin Johnson 50/1
    Camilo Villeges 16/1
    ryan Moore 33/1

I had these odds with SKy Bet
    £2.50 e/w on each

Good Luck and run well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    N1 spalshies - These are my bets ( to win only )
    Camilo Villegas44£3.00£129.00
    Ref: 16299995860 Bet placed: 01:17 13-Sep-11
    Ryan Moore70£3.00£207.00
    Ref: 16299995861 Bet placed: 01:17 13-Sep-11
    Dustin Johnson18£3.00£51.00
    Ref: 16299995862 Bet placed: 01:17 13-Sep-11
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (SEP 15th -18th):
    Hi  splashies, thanks for the tips, I will have a little e/w bet on all 3! Dustin Johnson 50/1 Camilo Villeges 16/1 ryan Moore 33/1 I had these odds with SKy Bet £2.50 e/w on each Good Luck and run well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Think you've got your odds mixed up. No way if Johnson 50/1 and Villegas 16/1
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (SEP 15th -18th) : Think tou've got your odds mixed up. No way if Johnson 50/1 and Villegas 16/1
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Thanks for the reminder I have got them mixed up:
    Johnson is 16/1
    Villeges is 33/1
    Moore is 50/1
  • edited September 2011
    Here we go then, Just put an acca on for a bit of interest in the 1st Round of the Vivendi Trophy...

Jimenez/Larrazabal v Dyson/Donaldson
    Hanson/Jacquelin v Fisher/Jamieson
    Hansen/F.Molinari v Westwood/Foster
    Colsaerts/Manassero v Clarke/Horsey
    Bjorn/Noren v Poulter/Rock

£5 pays £217.77
  • edited September 2011
    Here we go for hopefully a profitable week.

Jason Day
                 Matt Kuchar
                 Charl Schwatzel
                 Camillo Villegas

Sticking with Jason Day throughout the Fed Ex
    Villegas is e/w as i am not hopeful he will stand the pressure on the last day if he is leading.
  • edited September 2011
    Here we go then, Just put an acca on for a bit of interest in the 1st Round of the Vivendi Trophy... Jimenez/Larrazabal v Dyson/Donaldson Hanson/Jacquelin v Fisher/Jamieson Hansen/F.Molinari v Westwood/Foster Colsaerts/Manassero v Clarke/Horsey Bjorn/Noren v Poulter/Rock £5 pays £217.77
    Posted by splashies
    Got to question your picks here m8. Dyson and Donaldson in great form, Jimenez and Larrazabel have been no where recently. Looks like a dead cert for Dyson and Donaldson here.

I also went for Westy and foster, and also Colsaerts and Manassero.

Was either 8/1 or 9/1 can't remember but put £10 on it.

On the PGA Tour I've gone for Dustin Johnson and Jason Day. Both £10 win only
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (SEP 15th -18th) : Got to question your picks here m8. Dyson and Donaldson in great form, Jimenez and Larrazabel have been no where recently. Looks like a dead cert for Dyson and Donaldson here. I also went for Westy and foster, and also Colsaerts and Manassero. Was either 8/1 or 9/1 can't remember but put £10 on it. On the PGA Tour I've gone for Dustin Johnson and Jason Day. Both £10 win only
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Matchplay is totally different to stroke play...

Jimenez is a matchplay stalwart and has a perfect aggressive partner in Larrazabal. Dyson win last could have taken something out of him. Donaldson is an unknown in matchplay and will feel the pressure big time, like he always does in 4th Round of stroke play events.
  • edited September 2011
    Ok so not a great day for my acca. Heres my attempt for tomorow. Im not expecting it to win, but just makes watching it more fun.

Bjorn/Jacqeulin v Dyson/Donaldson
    Hanson/Noren v Poulter/Rock
    Colsaerts/Manassero
    v Fisher/Jamieson
    Hansen/Molinari v Westwood/Foster
    Jimenez/Larrazabal v Clarke/Horsey

£5 pays £223.63
  • edited September 2011
    N1 spalshies - These are my bets ( to win only ) Camilo Villegas 44 £3.00 £129.00 Ref: 16299995860 Bet placed: 01:17 13-Sep-11 Ryan Moore 70 £3.00 £207.00 Ref: 16299995861 Bet placed: 01:17 13-Sep-11 Dustin Johnson 18 £3.00 £51.00 Ref: 16299995862 Bet placed: 01:17 13-Sep-11
    Posted by MP33
    Thank god for Villegas . Dont know what happened to the others - A well spread out field tho and I,m suprised Luke Donald wasn,t up there . Lets just hope he has anotehr gr8 round tommorow
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (SEP 15th -18th) : Thank god for Villegas . Dont know what happened to the others - A well spread out field tho and I,m suprised Luke Donald wasn,t up there . Lets just hope he has anotehr gr8 round tommorow
    Posted by MP33
    Tell me about it. Kuchar and Schwartzel are ok but thats it now for Jason day he aint getting my backing any more.
  • edited September 2011
    Sigh @ Villegas falling 1 place short of an e/w payout.

Thats the last time im backing Dustin Johnson. His attitude stinks when he has a bad start. Rather put my money on someone less talented but gives 100%.

Another week and another chance of a winner, il start new thread later.