You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA BB Early Doors

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Morning all,

Question:
3rd hand single table sit and go and you get AA in the big blind, everybody folds bar the small blind who just calls, what is the best play?
I would normally raise any small blind who just calls with any hand just for fun, (and to see what they're made of) but with AA is this the most profitable road to take?

I await your wise words

Mike

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to AA BB Early Doors:
    Morning all, Question: 3rd hand single table sit and go and you get AA in the big blind, everybody folds bar the small blind who just calls, what is the best play? I would normally raise any small blind who just calls with any hand just for fun, (and to see what they're made of) but with AA is this the most profitable road to take? I await your wise words Mike
    Posted by MC_Mikey

Personally I likely make it 85 pre to vb bigger on streets vs an unknown and get out of the gates of the S+G running.  No point getting crafty vs an unknown readless, ending up playing an unraised pot through streets.  We do have position.

Often find in these spots opponent will put you on paint combo and be more inclined to peel or float off flop, commit chips on medium board that hits their range.  Your taking the betting lead with perceived strength, opponent perceiving a low mid bored is a missed board.